Line of Duty #7

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm watching a Australian Drama on All4 called Bridesmaids Secret & Lies. Only 6 episodes and so far what I've seen is good

Reactions: 4
It's very different to LOD but I'd highly recommend the first series of True Detective for an amazing police drama. It's American, so doesn't have that same British charm of LOD and it came out in 2014 so not sure if that's recent enough for you! But I think I'm going to rewatch it for the fifth time to fill the void LOD has left...

Also, it has Matthew McConaughey instead of the WWW:

I'd also recommend Baptiste if you want another detective show on the BBC! Or The Night Manager and Bodyguard on BBC is good too.
True Detective is brilliant, shame the second series didn’t live up to the first though

Reactions: 5
Never mind the passing of LOD, I have gone into official mourning for this thread. I have had so much fun... thanks all.

love you all yer bent bastards 💗

• Heart
Reactions: 31
I couldn’t figure out when Ryan got out of the van to shoot Kate, he got out of the car at the same time as someone wearing a poof heels, who was that? I think Jo was already out of the van.

I think the ending has left it open for S7, I was expecting something more dramatic but I think it leaves you with lots to think about.
It was just Jo who was already out and stood with Kate, but they did him getting out from a really weird angle for reasons known only to them. You can see Kate’s feet too.

Jo had heels on in basically every scene no matter how impractical - the actress is pretty small! You can tell it’s her legs by how much the jeans are turned up too.

Reactions: 2
Anyone got any recommendations for shows to watch now ? 😂 I’m stuck for something to put on. Anything recent that was good?
Not recently but life on Mars and ashes to ashes are both very good.

Also love/hate is spot on.

Reactions: 6
Not recently but life on Mars and ashes to ashes are both very good.

Also love/hate is spot on.
lom/ashes to ashes are probably my all time favourite shows 😍

not heard of love/hate though. Lots of fab recommendations thanks guys

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Anyone got any recommendations for shows to watch now ? 😂 I’m stuck for something to put on. Anything recent that was good?
Every single episode of Silent Witness if on iPlayer - I think I’m going to work my way thru those. Remember watching it with my Nana when it first came out.

Reactions: 7
I think Buckles was a Caddy. He is taking the fall for the top person.
In the interview he was saying about the others as pairs and said and then there was 'Just me...' it was as if he was about to say ' and' when Hastings interrupted him with his interpretation. So there is probably someone else.
Also why would they bring in a big actor such as James Nesbitt and only use him in stills? Do we see his face as the dead man in Spain? Are the Spanish police corrupt and does it go European?
The smirk at the end (in the Police cell)and the promotions of those close to the Deputy Chief also throw another hook out.
I would also liked to have seen the prison guards interrogated, why no one reported those was beyond me.

The ending was a good one as it has left it open. What a series!

Reactions: 13
Did anyone else panic during the van chase scene when the OCG burst out of the Range Rovers, as the dodgy prison guard handed over the keys to them, she turned and suddenly Steve was next to her in the van!!! I was thinking tit how the hell has Steve got away from Kate and is now on the way to kill Jo 🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 15
New to this thread as I never watch LOD on time so was trying to avoid spoilers 😆 caught up now.
Off topic but is baptiste spin off from the missing?
It’s the same detective from the missing yes, no Jimmy Nesbit though 🤣

Reactions: 1
Love LoD but I think Spooks is still my all time favourite. State of Play is definitely worth finding. It's a political conspiracy thriller. It's only a six-parter but has a brilliant cast - Bill Nighy, John Simm, Kelly MacDonald, David Morrisey and James McAvoy - and lots of plot twists.

• Heart
Reactions: 5

Yel

Okay julie 😂 hate people like thisView attachment 558233
Oh sit down Julie. Everyone knows what they're getting at with the ending and you're not an intellectual. But they could have reached it in a more thought provoking and satisfying way.

It certainly wasn't a the sopranos or mad men ending.

Reactions: 10
BBC 4 have been showing a police drama that was the original LOD. Its early 90s and is based on police corruption. Between the Lines was brilliant. Should be on catchup. I'm on episode 12 now.

Reactions: 2
I want to like it, I’ve read people’s replies about how rewatching the finale or taking some time has made them think again but...I just can’t. The finale was (for me) a massive let down. The moment Buckles walked in it was like someone let off a very noisy fart. It just killed the atmosphere. He was so incompetent and throughout the show there was never a flicker of anything else but just being rubbish at his job. So for him to be a caddy with the knowledge and ability to pull off feats like Original Dot, Gill Biggeloe and Derek Hilton is laughable. Dryden would have been a better example. I was never expecting it to be done and dusted in a neat bow but I was expecting more than Buckles.

Also when did they change H to ‘the fourth man’. Someone here suggested that they said H was Hillside but looking back I don’t believe they ever said that in the show?

Reactions: 9