Lily Pebbles

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Honestly the name is dull but I’d rather we stopped referring to it as a baby name, as it will be a woman in some years and ultimately it’s a woman’s name, not baby’s. So really if you think of the names her sister chose, I’d rather be called Grey than Honey. Imagine being an adult woman and being called Oh Honey would you file that report please? Reminds of the friends episode with Precious.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Poor Saffron Grey :(. Such a pretty wee thing too. That name just makes me feel a bit depressed.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I'm going to get clobbered for this but I don't dislike the name Grey. It's different with out being too far our there. Traditionally it's a boy's name though. Then again, so are names like James, Maxwell, and Wyatt. Yet, people are giving these names to their daughters now. And just when you thought you were done hating, I'm going to drop another bombshells on you. I despise the name Luna. I wish she had chosen a more traditional name for the middle name. Or just gone with no middle name at all.

I think she will be fine at school I work in a school and have taught many children with unusual names like Blue, King, Light etc and the children don't really think of it as being unusual to them they are used to it, its mainly in the staff room that you hear about how ridiculous a name is.

Reactions: 2
Can you push for four hours? I thought they don’t let you push past one hour? Where I live that is the case anyway..

Nice to see Lily’s moaning hasn’t changed yet.

No birth is easy though I’ll be smug and pushed for 30 minutes 😬

• Haha
Nice to see Lily’s moaning hasn’t changed yet.

No birth is easy though I’ll be smug and pushed for 30 minutes 😬
In fairness if she’s ever had the authority to moan it’s now. 17hrs of painful labour ending in Csection sounds horrendous. Maybe it’ll give her some perspective on the other tit she likes to moan about

Reactions: 6
"I did 17 hours pretty much without pain relief".

Choosing not to have pain relief is not a badge of honour, Lily. It's just a choice. FFS.

Oh, and while I'm here, tit name as well. Both of them.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
What a dreadful name 😂

Sounds like a pretty horrible labour to me but if she's happy with how it went then that's the main thing 🤷🏻‍♀️

Her labour sounds like a thing of nightmares. I would be complaining if I had to push for 4 hours. That's ridiculous

Not a fan of the name either.
Luna grey would of been better.

Reactions: 1
I completely feel for her. Birth isn’t it ever easy, ever. Everyone’s is so different. But it’s just her tone that grates on me 😂🤦🏻‍♀️

Everything comes off as so entitled and who honestly even wants to think about filming a video on their labour so close to birth?!
I think she’s gonna have such a wake up call

I completely feel for her. Birth isn’t it ever easy, ever. Everyone’s is so different. But it’s just her tone that grates on me 😂🤦🏻‍♀️
Yes me too, it’s the tone that she takes, it has grated on me for a long time too.

no doubt that c section after labour and extended pushing is brutal on your body but she just has a way of speaking that really gets me too. The tone that she has taken makes it sound like she’s bragging about 17 hours of labour without pain relief, every woman has a different pain threshold and experienced labour pains in a different way, it doesn’t make you better or stronger than someone who has chosen to have an epidural.
I think what she was trying to say that after working so hard for a relatively long labour and extended pushing and doing that without pain relief it would have been scary and upsetting to go through a csection, I get that completely. I’m trying to give her benefit of the doubt as I was definitely not in a fit state to be coherent at this point but the thing is this isn’t a one off with LP it’s been her tone consistently.

Reactions: 4

Everything comes off as so entitled and who honestly even wants to think about filming a video on their labour so close to birth?!
I think she’s gonna have such a wake up call
I completely agree. I can only imagine how smug she'd be if she had managed a completely drug free natural birth. I did get that with one of my children, but I had a horrible experience with the other. I've never had a C section but it's no secret that the recovery is tough.

In fairness if she’s ever had the authority to moan it’s now. 17hrs of painful labour ending in Csection sounds horrendous. Maybe it’ll give her some perspective on the other tit she likes to moan about
That's what happened to my mother, but it was 18 hours of painful labor and she didn't dilate past 2. She was actually relieved when her OB suggested a cesarean. I was very lucky and had no issues with giving birth. A good friend of mine hemorrhaged during two of her births and if she had not been in a hospital, she and her children would have died.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.