Lily Pebbles

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
that name... agree would have been much better reversed. Always wonder if it'll age well and if she'll still like it 10 years from now.

Reactions: 2
that name... agree would have been much better reversed. Always wonder if it'll age well and if she'll still like it 10 years from now.
She'll probably end up like Mrs meldrum, who decided she doesn't like her eldest daughter's name anymore and often calls her by just her 1st initial, "s", or her middle name darcey!

16 months in with my third and I’ve decided to just accept the tit sleep and I no longer dread it. Newborn stage was just ‘uhhhh what will tonight be like?’ From about 5/6pm every evening.

Reactions: 1
I’m so late to miserablily’s birthing pool party! 🎈 😎

Damn, I was expecting Hague blue.
I hear Grey I think “Instagram feed” or “50 shades”. Not much more to add 😐

Grey Pebbles
248B0035-F60F-4EB8-BAB8-0D6F7F7AF8D5.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Completely agree. Newborns might not know day or night but there is something very daunting about anticipating an unsettled night with one.
I agree too, when you are already tired and you know it’s another broken nights sleep to look forward to but you don’t know how broken it will be, it does make you feel really anxious, I can’t blame her for that.

Reactions: 3
I agree too. I actually think she’s been much better since having the baby - even since before she was pregnant. My only gripe is that I think she thinks she is being groundbreaking by being “real” and it comes off a little patronising - but maybe that’s because I’ve had a baby already and maybe for those that haven’t it’s insightful 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 9
In her latest post she is saying she had no idea how hard it was going to be blah blah. I never understand why people say this? People always say how hard it it so I was expecting the absolute worst when I had my first and was pleasantly surprised. Why did she think it would be different for her? Particularly as she seemed to find pregnancy so challenging? It’s almost as if she expected the perfect insta baby to look cute in pics but totally didn’t prepare for the reality.

Reactions: 2
In her latest post she is saying she had no idea how hard it was going to be blah blah. I never understand why people say this? People always say how hard it it so I was expecting the absolute worst when I had my first and was pleasantly surprised. Why did she think it would be different for her? Particularly as she seemed to find pregnancy so challenging? It’s almost as if she expected the perfect insta baby to look cute in pics but totally didn’t prepare for the reality.
I think some people are naive and live in a bubble of thinking their baby will be perfect. I don't have kids but plenty of friends do and they all say how hard and draining it is.

Reactions: 4
Everyone warns you about how hard having 1 is and I think you go almost like yeah whatever... I know with my first I remember everyone saying how hard it would be and then it hitting home when I had one you go wow this is what you meant. The sleep deprivation is a form of torture in those first few weeks and especially if she has had problem with feeding too, nothing can prepare you.

I've not long had my second and I remember everyone saying 2 is a game changer and I thought ok I've got this I know it's going to be hard. Then you have two and your like Oh God this is a whole other ball game...

Reactions: 4
She’s finally realised that grey doesn’t care about her instagram lifestyle. She’s just a normal baby and for the first six weeks you literally just care for them, you don’t get any interaction back you just keep them alive and meet their needs.
I think she thought she’d be at coffee shops and eating out and wearing all her pre pregnancy clothes but the reality for her is so different.
My baby is seven weeks old now and I’ve been in my ore pregnancy clothes since about ten days? Does having a section make that much difference to your stomach going down?

Lily goes on about things no-one ever tells you before pregnancy, birth and caring for a newborn. She has two sisters who she seems close to, live nearby and have young children. Didn't she talk to them about pregnancy, birth and the reality of caring for a newborn? Didn't she notice what they were going through?

Reactions: 7
Moan, moan, moan. Literally goes on all the time. I didn’t finf new born time early it was after the crawling stage I struggled and I couldn’t wait for my other half to get back to work so I could just get on with it. She must be doing Rich’s head in.

Reactions: 1
Lily goes on about things no-one ever tells you before pregnancy, birth and caring for a newborn. She has two sisters who she seems close to, live nearby and have young children. Didn't she talk to them about pregnancy, birth and the reality of caring for a newborn? Didn't she notice what they were going through?
I've got close friends who have young kids and they all said how hard it is but until you actually go through it you have no idea..

Reactions: 5
Because everyone’s different and every baby is different. I thought I knew how hard it was going to be and yet it still hit me like a ton of bricks. Seeing other people have babies and talking about what it’s like is nothing like doing it yourself.

I think having Grey has really grounded Lily.

Reactions: 6
It’s great that so many of you went in to motherhood knowing exactly how hard it was going to be and coped so well.

I went in knowing it’d probably be the hardest thing I’d ever do, and it was still so much harder than I could have ever imagined. My child didn’t sleep through the night until they were 3.5, we had issues feeding, a tongue tie, total bottle refusal…I felt like a total failure because all other mothers were coping just fine, so why was I drowning?

When I was a new mum, the more “honest” side of parenting wasn’t really talked about, and I felt like such a failure because everyone was coping. I was lucky enough to never develop full blown PND, but I definitely skirted very close to it, and I genuinely feel being able to see other women - successful women especially! - admitting they were having trouble coping would have helped me so much.

Reactions: 6
She’s finally realised that grey doesn’t care about her instagram lifestyle. She’s just a normal baby and for the first six weeks you literally just care for them, you don’t get any interaction back you just keep them alive and meet their needs.
I think she thought she’d be at coffee shops and eating out and wearing all her pre pregnancy clothes but the reality for her is so different.
My baby is seven weeks old now and I’ve been in my ore pregnancy clothes since about ten days? Does having a section make that much difference to your stomach going down?
It can do, you have swelling and fluid around the scar site, it may be limiting how active you are as you recover. Her baby is what, 3 weeks old? Let’s not shame her for not being back in her pre pregnancy clothes, lots of women aren’t! Variations of normal.

Reactions: 7
It can do, you have swelling and fluid around the scar site, it may be limiting how active you are as you recover. Her baby is what, 3 weeks old? Let’s not shame her for not being back in her pre pregnancy clothes, lots of women aren’t! Variations of normal.
Im 6 weeks post partum and still choosing not to even try on my pre preg clothes! 😂 I don't know that your stomach goes down differently depending on your delivery, but mine went down quite fast. It seems to have gone backwards since, possibly due to how easy it is to snack on a biscuit when I'm making up a bottle! 😂

Im 6 weeks post partum and still choosing not to even try on my pre preg clothes!
It took me ten months to pluck up the courage! Haha I stopped weighing myself when I realised that I had but on 4 and a half stone. I was huge! I did lose two stone in the first two weeks (big baby and lots of fluid) but my body took such a battering.

I've lost it all now but my body has never been the same since. There is no rush to get back to your pregnancy clothes esp when you have had a c section (which I ended up having).

Reactions: 3
I actually respect Lily so much for talking about the reality of being a mum and the bad side of it whereas these instamums make it all look perfect... I know which I would rather see.

Reactions: 8
Everyone knows how hard having a baby will be but there is NO way you can prepare for it. It’s 24/7. You can’t do all those normal pregnancy or pre pregnancy things and society expects you to take it in your stride. If there’s ever a time a lady can moan it’s three weeks post partum.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.