Lily Pebbles

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can we not lay into her over her labour though? She’s absolutely within her rights to moan if she ended up with an emergency c section after a long labour. I’d be moaning for months if that happened to me. Actually, probably years. My last labour lasted 24 active minutes and I’d still be within my rights to moan if I wanted to, it’s bloody painful.

I don’t mind the name, definitely not what I’d choose ((though I love Luna) but to each their own. My son has a fairly normal name and I have still had people call his name ridiculous - not everyone has the same tastes, thankfully or the world would be very boring.

Reactions: 13
Can we not lay into her over her labour though?
Don't think I've seen anyone lay into her about it. I did object to the '17 hours with almost no pain relief' nonsense though, as though we should be impressed. Her labour, her choice. And it's just that, a choice. Nothing more, nothing less. Equally, I would not be impressed by somebody telling telling me that they'd been to the dentist to have a tooth out and chosen not to have an anaesthetic.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
So they have taken baby Grey home, lets see when the stories about sleepless nights, so tired start.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 4
"I did 17 hours pretty much without pain relief".

Choosing not to have pain relief is not a badge of honour, Lily. It's just a choice. FFS.

Oh, and while I'm here, tit name as well. Both of them.
The ‘pretty much’ suggests that she did in fact have pain relief 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Moaning about people thinking Greys a boy. Whilst baby is dressed in a typically boyish dinosaur babygro and has quite a masculine name! Sorry but what did she expect?

Reactions: 5
Moaning about people thinking Greys a boy. Whilst baby is dressed in a typically boyish dinosaur babygro and has quite a masculine name! Sorry but what did she expect?
I mean most people have a 50/50 shot especially when most babies are dressed in white or grey (lol)

Reactions: 4
Did she not see this coming?

Oh what a lovely baby! What is their name?
Angus Bob Justin, but Simon for short
Oh he's lovely!
HOW DARE YOU! She's a girl!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Exactly! People want to say nice things about your cute baby. You don't know them. Be grateful they took the time to be nice to you.

Reactions: 3
There are some folk who want to invite the unwelcome comments to add to their martyr complex.

I remember at work, a client brought in her 4 year old son, with long hair down to his shoulder blades, he was dressed top to toe in pink, then pulled up her top and started feeding in the middle of a consultation with us. She seemed displeased that no one batted an eyelid [in truth, no one cared] it was like she was ready and waiting to bite, no one took the bait ;)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
What is it with these floggers not showing their babies faces? I mean what do they think is going to happen?

What is it with these floggers not showing their babies faces? I mean what do they think is going to happen?
maybe they think it’s the line between what they share privately vs publicly? Or for safety reasons or something but Tbf in lily’s defence she has shared her baby’s face in her birth announcement photo

Reactions: 1
I honestly think they just think it's the cool thing to do and will leave everybody watching and waiting for those rare glimpses of baby's face so they will get even more likes. Maybe not but just don't buy the whole privacy thing when every other aspect of their lives is online, including their family members kids.

Reactions: 2
She made me cringe when she said they get anxious past 6pm about the night.

Ummmm she’s a newborn baby, who has no concept of time or night or day. How utterly ridiculous

• Haha

Ummmm she’s a newborn baby, who has no concept of time or night or day. How utterly ridiculous
I totally get where she is coming from though... and I'm a mum of 2. Shes a first time mum let's give her a bit of slack.

• Heart
I totally get where she is coming from though... and I'm a mum of 2. Shes a first time mum let's give her a bit of slack.
Completely agree. Newborns might not know day or night but there is something very daunting about anticipating an unsettled night with one.

• Heart
Completely agree. Newborns might not know day or night but there is something very daunting about anticipating an unsettled night with one.
Yup. I used to dread the early evenings when she was fussy, because I knew that meant I was looking at a couple of hours broken sleep tops.

With my first we used to go to bed at like 8.30 / 9 just to get a few hours sleep in and it was the only way we got through the first year... I totally get the anxious ness as every night is different and you just don't know what your going to get

Both mine used to get whingy from around 5-6pm until they'd eventually settle near 10 or 11pm. It's quite common that babies are unsettled in the early evening. No idea why, just seems to be a pattern amongst a lot of newborns. They eventually grow out of it in a few weeks iirc. I'd also get pretty anxious around that time too because you tend to dread the night of constant feeding ahead knowing you're going to get very little sleep.

Yup. I used to dread the early evenings when she was fussy, because I knew that meant I was looking at a couple of hours broken sleep tops.
Yeah I completely understand that however that’s just what newborns do.

I used to just go to bed a little earlier and roll with it. I went back to work just days after I had my son so I understand how crap the lack of sleep is but I feel like if you dread something it just makes it worse.

Just my two pence though. 🤷🏻‍♀️

When my child was a baby, I too experienced anxious feelings when night time was approaching. The unknown of how your night will go. And i just feel like everything seems worse at night. So I do totally sympathise with her on this one.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.