Lily Pebbles #4 whingy, moany, what a brat. Fried hair, new teeth... can I expense that?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
View attachment 117215
Lol can she not say she is Jewish and really nothing wrong with that.
I have a feeling that she does not want to be affiliate with her background. IMO
I don’t understand; she’s Jewish and all
Jews I’ve met in London have originated from Israel; and been proud of it, and they’ve all looked similar to both Lily’s mum, her grandma, her dad etc (I’ve got a friend who’s Jewish), there were a lot in my baby group who were Jewish and I worked for a Jewish company; so have met a lot.
Before I moved away from the UK I lived near Lily and met her at a shopping mall..

But never met a Jewish person saying they were English- yes I get your passport is English / your nationality but your actual ancestry it’s not really English I don’t think (aimed at Lily).
I also get you were born in London / England but your roots are from elsewhere (I believe)

I feel like what she’s saying is untrue or she’s super naive and her parents have never told her about their history!?!

Anyone else agree or can enlighten me?

Reactions: 11
All her friends and family must be on eggshells around her. Can’t upset princess Lily. With someone like her, you can’t do right for doing wrong so a lot of people drift away and give up. And then Lily probably wonders why she comes across as fundamentally lonely.

Reactions: 10
Her advice is a bit crap. Not every woman wants to be treated like an invalid after birth. I was washing my labour clothes 13 hours after my baby arrived, cooking as normal from the next day, school run on day 3. I can’t imagine expecting family to come cook and clean for me.

She was definitely crying at the end of the latest vlog. I can see why it was frustrating though. My husband is handy but if he just assumed he knew what to do, even after I advised him to ask for advice then I’d be pretty pissed off. A whole video on hanging pictures and shelves though 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️

Jews I’ve met in London have originated from Israel; and been proud of it, and they’ve all looked similar to both Lily’s mum, her grandma, her dad etc (I’ve got a friend who’s Jewish), there were a lot in my baby group who were Jewish and I worked for a Jewish company; so have met a lot.
Before I moved away from the UK I lived near Lily and met her at a shopping mall..

But never met a Jewish person saying they were English- yes I get your passport is English / your nationality but your actual ancestry it’s not really English I don’t think (aimed at Lily).
I also get you were born in London / England but your roots are from elsewhere (I believe)

I feel like what she’s saying is untrue or she’s super naive and her parents have never told her about their history!?!

I’m Jewish and it’s a religion NOT a race.
I’m an Ashkenazi Jew. Askenazi’s are mostly from Eastern Europe. Let’s take the Shepardic Jews, that mostly hail from The Middle East; and we are all Jewish because that’s our religion. We come from all different parts of the world. So I have no clue what type of people you say you know, but saying you’ve never met a Jew who says they are English is asinine.
I’m Romanian, my best friend is Canadian , another is American, Russian .. yet we are all Jews. And I can assure you at temple in Europe, US and other countries I have been to nobody says “I’m Jewish” they say I’m American, English, Moldovan etc.

And another point “they look similar...” I’m blond with straight hair and have blue eyes, some other Jewish friends have blond hair & blue eyes too and some have brown hair, brown eyes. We don’t all look alike.. smh 🙄
Sorry but you look like you are trying to justify your statements or emphasize their validity by saying you know so many Jews and listing all the ways you do..

I don’t blame her for not talking about being Jewish, why should she? Religion in all forms is a hot topic and as much as I can’t stand her whiny ungrateful ass this is one point I agree with her on wholeheartedly!

Reactions: 29

She did an Ancestry DNA video where she talked about her family history:

She says she's Jewish there as although her grandparents are from the UK bar one, their parents were born outside the UK . I think she published another video in April 2017 talking about her religion too.

She's even mentioned in the Jewish Chronicle: https://www.thejc.com/news/uk-news/meet-jack-and-lily-tomorrow-s-perfect-jewish-couple-1.58335.

The second video is here: She says she is Jewish and very proud to be. Although that's her religion so probably why she does not mention it as ancestry as such?

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
I agree with @EiiiEiiiO. it’s not like it is in the States, where people born there cast back four generations in order to claim that they are Irish, or whatever. I’d imagine Lily, like most people, would identify as British (possibly English), regardless of any cultural heritage.

I kind of agree with both, like if someone asked me over the phone for example, or in any way not connected to my appearance, I would absolutely describe myself as British.

However if someone said specifically "you look Italian, do you have Italian ancestry?" I would say something like "no, I'm British but my maternal grandparents families are Jewish and came from Romania, Lithuania and Israel I believe so lots of people have asked if I'm from various parts of Europe before!"

Like I totally get her not identifying as Jewish, as you said it's a religion, not a race, but if someone was asking specifically about my appearance and ancestry and I was proud of it like she claims to be I would mention it!

Her answer to the aunty is such a typical influencer/mum blogger answer. I for one had visitors for the first 3 weeks after my son was born as our families live far away and we wanted the help and support. So I can’t relate to not wanting visitors and the whole leave food even if you don’t get a cuddle boils my blood And i don’t even like other people’s kids, but why should i bring you a meal and then leave? But that’s just me.

Reactions: 14
Ugh just ugh! The thought of having a muffin basket brought to me after having my baby was the last thing on my mind. I would have loved to have family / friends come over. Partly to break up the day and have a laugh and partly so they could stay with the baby so I could have a HOT shower and tea.

Reactions: 18
Ugh just ugh! The thought of having a muffin basket brought to me after having my baby was the last thing on my mind. I would have loved to have family / friends come over. Partly to break up the day and have a laugh and partly so they could stay with the baby so I could have a HOT shower and tea.
Yeahbut...the amaaaaazing Caroline Hirons sent her one and now she has to mention it over and over again.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Re: the auntie comment

She is so insufferable and entitled; she is lucky that her friends and family do live nearby hence she can pick and choose the supports that she wants.

I don't have a kid but if someone were to visit me and the baby I will be eternally grateful. Being her friends are tiring if you don't have something to offer in return (i.e. exposure like Anna or Caroline), her friends must feel the need to tiptoe around her and they don't know when they will denote the landmine.

I don't understand the whole 'right mindset to be grateful thing'. I think she is lucky that she moved back to a place that she grew up (i.e. London), and her childhood friends are still there; building new friendships when you are an adult is tough and I will be forever grateful for those who never leave my side. Kudos to her writing a book about friendship but still a dick inside out.

I also wonder which of her friends outstayed their welcome - I swear she is the only one I have seen writing this

Last edited:
Re: the auntie question...

I want to know if she took her own advice when her friends had kids! Gemma had a baby before her, did Lily send her a muffin basket or deliver her food then leave? Her sister had a baby a few years ago. Did she get a muffin basket? Or did Lily make her tit carbonara and take it over to her? Agreed - ask the parents what they need.

She’s bleeping ungrateful knobhead with that advice. Sure, when you have a baby you can’t really be arsed with a million visitors traipsing in and out of your house or feel like you have to entertain, but when my Son was born I had family over the day I got out of the hospital, friends can a few days later and was incredibly grateful for anything (gifts, biscuits, whatever!). I also *shock, horror* made people a cup of tea if they wanted. I swear people are far too precious about these things when the reality is that most people just get on with it. I doubt she has that many mates anyway 😂

Reactions: 15
Re: the auntie question...

I want to know if she took her own advice when her friends had kids! Gemma had a baby before her, did Lily send her a muffin basket or deliver her food then leave? Her sister had a baby a few years ago. Did she get a muffin basket? Or did Lily make her tit carbonara and take it over to her? Agreed - ask the parents what they need.
I can guarantee that she visited within a few days to hog cuddles and deliver a cute outfit for the baby that was likely never worn.

So basically the opposite of what she expected from people.

What a snake! Just beg for a replacement fiddle leaf fig and be done with it, Lily.

Also... even with broken bits of pot in the bottom that plant is not going to be happy without proper drainage. But it will still be the plant company’s fault for sending her a slightly less than perfect plant over a year ago.

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Yeah I thought that too, she probably got sent it for naff all and she still complains

She tends to only complain about things she has paid for with her own money? Accepts and promotes inferior products if they were free.

Reactions: 7
What a snake! Just beg for a replacement fiddle leaf fig and be done with it, Lily.

Also... even with broken bits of pot in the bottom that plant is not going to be happy without proper drainage. But it will still be the plant company’s fault for sending her a slightly less than perfect plant over a year ago.
I replied to her and was like "you need a pot with holes in for drainage, not just broken pot in the bottom, it'll still end up sat in water. You can then put that pot in a pretty one but remove it for watering."
She's ignored it. There's no helping her, like you say, it'll be their fault.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I replied to her and was like "you need a pot with holes in for drainage, not just broken pot in the bottom, it'll still end up sat in water. You can then put that pot in a pretty one but remove it for watering."
She's ignored it. There's no helping her, like you say, it'll be their fault.
Is that what the broken bits of pot in the bottom of the new one was for? I don't get it. How can anyone think that's a good idea. No wonder all her plants die.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.