Lily Pebbles #29 Climbing the stairway to beggin’

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Screenshot_20211031-180523_Instagram.jpg

duck READ A BOOK LILY

"In the spirit of Halloween"
"Green spaghetti and meatballs for a Halloween dinner"

HALLOWEENY.
Just once I'd like to read her captions and not lose brain cells.

• Haha
Reactions: 49
I don't think they went to prep school. I thought she went to a local primary where she met Debs and some of her other friends.

Reactions: 5
This!!!! It’s the equivalent to young people staying in a very small town by total choice (despite having resources or nothing tying you down) in the era of globalization and intentionally not developing any worldview. In Lily’s case, she was in London but her world was small. Therefore she didn’t have the variety of experiences normal for people her age. Her idea of being open minded is eating “ethnic” food at a hipster food market, so she thinks anyone speaking a different language is “weird” and that her belly showing when she lifts her arms is wildly titillating. Ugh!

My 20s were so SO SO much better than uni: I traveled the world, lived with people from all over and developed friendships that still last today; not because we simply went to nursery together, but because we have similar interests and went on to share insane experiences like hitchhiking through Zimbabwe and having crazy sex on the beach in Goa! Uni sucked in comparison. I realize I also have financial, family, and passport privilege to be able to have done whatever I wanted, but Lily does too! That’s what I find mind blowing! I didn’t always feel grounded or sure of my next step, but I wouldn’t trade the freedom I had in my 20’s for a house deposit if I had to do it over again.

Also: I think the living with your family thing is relative. Her parents are together and seemingly have a happy home environment, which helps. They also had a HUGE house so there were extra rooms for them to hang and I don’t think coming home drunk would have woken them - plus who are we kidding, Rich and Lily are boooooring. I’m sure there aren’t any boozy /coke club nights in their past. I didn’t live constantly with my parents, but I was in and out of their house a lot during my 20s. Never with a partner; that would have been weird. My husband couldn’t stand to stay with his parents, so while he was in and out of his parents’ house as well, it was only during the 2 years directly out of uni that he did this. They were also getting divorced, so it was a super uncomfy situation. I’m sure if his parents had a happy home, it would have been more appealing to live with them longer. So on top of being super spoiled, Lily had the right environment to be able to live with them a long time.
I don’t know… there’s many things I could hold against Lily, but saving for a house deposit isn’t one of them.

Different horses for different courses I guess. I had a wild time at uni, and then was a lot more tame in comparison in my adult life in my early to late twenties… but I’m a teacher, so couldn’t be out all the time mid week, and had to save for a house deposit without the luxury of living with parents. so paying rent and necessities on a teachers wage, as well as saving, didn’t leave much room for fun!

Getting on the property ladder was the most important thing for me at that time, I don’t come from wealth and wanted an element of security in my future, but I wouldn’t say that makes me closed minded or boring :(

now I’m on the ladder, I have a lot more freedom to travel, backpack and stay in hostels etc as I don’t need to save all the time! Hopefully I can experience some of this now in my thirties :(

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 18
Each sister has a role for the Halloween party - Jo does face painting, Carly does food and Lily…moans. Sounds about right.
While they are preparing for the party she is having a quiet moment alone with pickles. She is the most selfish and and self absorbed person. I wonder if she even asked of there was something she could do to help out? It sounds like it didn’t even occur to her until she arrived that she hadn’t contributed anything. She really is such a coddled spoiled baby. Between this and the fact that she never laughs and constantly complains about everything how can anyone stand to be around her?? And she still has the nerve to put everyone else down!!

Reactions: 35
While they are preparing for the party she is having a quiet moment alone with pickles. She is the most selfish and and self absorbed person. I wonder if she even asked of there was something she could do to help out? It sounds like it didn’t even occur to her until she arrived that she hadn’t contributed anything. She really is such a coddled spoiled baby. Between this and the fact that she never laughs and constantly complains about everything how can anyone stand to be around her?? And she still has the nerve to put everyone else down!!
This. She could have tried to bake something or if she was feeling lazy she could have just bought something from a bakery, sweets, chocolates anything! If she had brought anything with her she would have posted it so she really didn't contribute anything!

Reactions: 13
You can be stingy or lazy but you can’t be both. Sadly this twit is both.

4C71D701-5803-4142-B8DC-C2F4E039B341.png

those hair though…

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Her hair looks like that of a YouTube fail video, where it’s been bleached so much it disintegrates

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Excuse me but I don’t think you understand. She is PREGNANT with a MALE and is CRAVING pickles.

• Haha
Reactions: 37
How could anyone expect her to participate? She is p-r-e-g-n-a-n-t with him AND has a toddler.

Funnily enough, yesterday, I watched an old vlogmas video by Lily from Christmas Eve 2016. They went to have lunch at her sister's, who (if I understood correctly) was pregnant and had a toddler but still decided to host lunch with the whole family. First, Lily complained that they were running late because the lunch was way too early (12:30) because of the kids (not that they had anything to do that morning, she just started getting ready late). And guess how Lily, childless at the time, decided to help out with the preparations? By making a salad! 😆 Quite a basic one, too. When she got there, she was filming all the delicious foods and saying that she's the worst cook of the family. Well, even if you can't cook, you could get there early and help out with setting the table, putting everything on display, helping out with the drinks... But nope, of course Lily arrives late when everything's already done while complaining in the process.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 34
Lily saying 'she is so not that kind of mum', remind me of those female who think 'not knowing how to fry an egg is cool and carefree'

• Haha
Reactions: 24
This!!!! It’s the equivalent to young people staying in a very small town by total choice (despite having resources or nothing tying you down) in the era of globalization and intentionally not developing any worldview. In Lily’s case, she was in London but her world was small. Therefore she didn’t have the variety of experiences normal for people her age. Her idea of being open minded is eating “ethnic” food at a hipster food market, so she thinks anyone speaking a different language is “weird” and that her belly showing when she lifts her arms is wildly titillating. Ugh!

My 20s were so SO SO much better than uni: I traveled the world, lived with people from all over and developed friendships that still last today; not because we simply went to nursery together, but because we have similar interests and went on to share insane experiences like hitchhiking through Zimbabwe and having crazy sex on the beach in Goa! Uni sucked in comparison. I realize I also have financial, family, and passport privilege to be able to have done whatever I wanted, but Lily does too! That’s what I find mind blowing! I didn’t always feel grounded or sure of my next step, but I wouldn’t trade the freedom I had in my 20’s for a house deposit if I had to do it over again.

Also: I think the living with your family thing is relative. Her parents are together and seemingly have a happy home environment, which helps. They also had a HUGE house so there were extra rooms for them to hang and I don’t think coming home drunk would have woken them - plus who are we kidding, Rich and Lily are boooooring. I’m sure there aren’t any boozy /coke club nights in their past. I didn’t live constantly with my parents, but I was in and out of their house a lot during my 20s. Never with a partner; that would have been weird. My husband couldn’t stand to stay with his parents, so while he was in and out of his parents’ house as well, it was only during the 2 years directly out of uni that he did this. They were also getting divorced, so it was a super uncomfy situation. I’m sure if his parents had a happy home, it would have been more appealing to live with them longer. So on top of being super spoiled, Lily had the right environment to be able to live with them a long time.
I don’t know. I think there is absolutely nothing wrong to decide you don’t need to travel all over the world and being a global citizen. You are most definitely able to develope a just fine worldview. Lily would be just as close minded even if she did do all this.
I also think their living accommodations with her parents were more similar to flat sharing than them
just living in her childhood bedroom. I am pretty sure they had their own bathroom and at least a second room at their disposal. Maybe even their own entrance. I highly doubt her parents would have been disturbed by a small house party or loud sex. Hypothetically, I know who we are talking about. It is still a pretty long time and the fact that she is hell bend to stay as close as possible AND seems very dependent on her family makes we wonder. Especially as Rich seems to be completely assimilated. So, not shaming the set up in general. If everyone goes about is as adults it’s very probably working out fine. But in this particular case it’s just the most visible sign for some underlying problems.

Reactions: 15
Guys, this morning she is watching Grey swimming.
That's as much active parent participation as we're going to get from her.
Can't believe she won't get in the pool with her little girl when she has the opportunity, how sad.

Reactions: 18
She definitely travelled quite a bit in her early 20s. I first “followed” her when she was in Thailand and I don’t think she’d long come back from Australia/New Zealand. She and Rich were definitely in Thailand together at one point. I think saying she hasn’t got a world view lets her off in a way, she does and she has. She’s just a moaning Myrtle.

Reactions: 7
The privilege of this head.

And who is she even kidding, I’m sure she could’ve made up and hour somewhere if she had really wanted to watch Grey swimming before now.
WHAT???? Is she really trying to say she didn't take Grey swimming before because she was SO busy????? The woman who said she only works two days a week????? No Lily, you are just a lazy cow when it comes to literally EVERYTHING in your sad pathetic life, including even your own child! With exception of begging for free tit on Insta... What a head.

Reactions: 33
Just catching up on the past few pages and wanted to add my thoughts on the whole aspect of Lily and Rich living with Lily's parents - I'm no defender of Lily but I find it funny that so many people are starkly against the concept of people in their 20s living with their parents. I come from a culture where this is perfectly normal, people live with their parents happily and even just the wider extended family live close by to one another or under one roof, and we find the idea of kicking your kids out at the age of 18 for independence bizzare. I'm in my early 20s, also from London, planning to save and move out in a couple of years, but for now I am comfortable at home, my parents respect that with my age I am more independent compared to our living dynamic when I was in my teens, and they would prefer i move out with a small (personally earned, not inherited) safety net. I think under the broader context of Lily's life choices (the fact that Lily remains ungrateful despite what she has been able to afford, whether their choice to live with Lily's parents was a pressure on Rich etc) there is plenty to critisize, but the pure act of choosing to stay with her parents is a strange thing to be angry at, just because that may not have been an option in your household.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.