Lily Pebbles #29 Climbing the stairway to beggin’

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not something I'd be willing to do, to be honest. Not that my parents would allow it either, I was brought it to be independent.
I find Lily to be a vacuous halfwit but I think we would all grab the chance to save for a hefty deposit by making the same choice she and Rich did, no? Or I’d certainly be advising my friend to if they suggested it. It feels like a no brainer to me 🤷🏼‍♀️
Not me no, my parents did offer me to live at home to save for a deposit but I said nooooo thanks 😝 still managed to buy a house at 29

Reactions: 9
No video again today, obviously no time for anything other than affiliate links these days!

Also re the moving in with parents thing, my personal view is that I would do it if I needed to to save for a deposit (with in laws only though I think, there'd be a murder if me and my parents lived under the same roof) but I would set a really strict time limit of no more than 2 years. I would also be really strict on my spending in that time to save as much as possible as fast as possible and get out of there, and there's no way I'd do it if family treated me/my partner like Lily's family treated Rich from the sounds of things, setting him tests and probably constantly wearing him down.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Interesting that so many people are so opposed. And I’m perfectly independent, thank you, but I also rent in my late thirties in a part of the country where I don’t know anyone (in about 20 couples) who haven’t bought without the contribution of generational wealth. Absolutely massive respect to those who haven’t needed to and have bought at any age but I wouldn’t be refusing the support to allow me to own my own property outright in a very expensive location. Quiet sex or not!

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Does Daylight Savings Time in the UK happen a week before it does here in North America?!?

Reactions: 3
View attachment 838915
First of, UGH!
Secondly, congrats on squeezing both a moan and blaming your child for daylight saving time 🙄🙄
Parent-y is horrific on so many levels.
Why did this woman have children?!
Why doesn't she have a more extensive vocabulary?!
Why is she writing about this (surely) fairly niche set of emotions as though it's the most relatable thing in the world?

• Heart
Reactions: 26
I love that she is implying that she'd be in a sexy costume if she wasn't a parent. Woman has the sex appeal of a toilet.

• Haha
Reactions: 50
“Parent-y”… but she knows that the word “parental” exists, right?… Right?!

• Haha
Ugh just get out of the past - comparing your life now from almost a decade a go is not a reason to make yourself miserable, you would hope aspects of your life would have changed since then! And comparing yourself to what others show in the online highlight reel of social media is surely something she of all people will know can be toxic?! If she wants to be relatable then fine make your complaints but then follow it up with something constructive like "look how far I've come since 2012" and "I'm going to enjoy Halloween as a parent" cause trick or treating is all about the kids!

I’m impressed she’s managed to squeeze so much quintessential lily into one story:
Looks like a ghoul
Moans
Blames her kid for something stupid
Compares herself to others on social media and tries to act superior because she’s a mom
Addition of a y to the end of a word to create a new word when she could just use a different form of the word that already exists (parental)
Misuse of pronouns
Reminds everyone she’s a mom
Completely falls apart because she loses an hour of sleep and whines about it on social media
Makes rich be the parent while she lies in bed
Takes photo for the gram playing up her misery
Misses her life before having kids

• Haha
Reactions: 54
Bad wording aside, why is she acting like as a parent she can't dress up? I know tons of parents who dress up to go trick or treating with their kids, or even parents who go on halloween nights out. Just because you've had a child Lily doesn't mean your life is over? She does this all the time and it drives me mad. If you really wanted to do something you could, you have family who can watch your kids or hire a baby sitter like the rest of us commoners... you're acting like your kids have ruined your life, but they haven't, you've chosen this life of not doing the things you once did.

I get that this one halloween she's heavily pregnant, but she was the one who was so smug about having a baby born after september so she's brought this on herself! But also i've seen so many cute pregnant people costumes which aren't hard to pull off that she could do.

Last edited:
Reactions: 23
The time on her clock has changed now we're back to GMT, but she's been asleep her usual amount of time, so why is she more tired?
Personally, I dislike the term "an extra hour in bed". It's a Sunday, I'm not working so I get up when I feel like it, like every weekend. I wouldn't feel I had to lie there an hour longer because of the time on my phone.

Could she be any more miserable?! I think she hates her life. She complains about Grey every chance she gets. Imagine what she's going to be like with two kids!

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.