Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

bugeyeboo

Ugh but that’s just so much effort and a millennial thing for our Lily. Remember guys, she invented ombré and the indie sleaze look, a job is just trying too hard okay?

(ps where did that description come from? It was just indie back in the day!)

• Haha
Reactions: 12

ekl2000

VIP Member
She wore head to toe primark, topshop and American apparel. She wasn’t a pioneer, the high street literally told her what to wear.

sillysally96

I’ve literally never ran to a thread quicker…I’m in complete shock 🤯 I think her time online is coming to an end, if she doesn’t share her partner I’m not sure she’ll share her baby.

SO SHOCKED! Thought it was a weird joke.

Not sure why she’s even announced it. wtf is the point of her as a social media person when she literally shares nothing of her life clearly? Didn’t even know she had a partner and thought she house shared with friends.

Surely being a lifestyle influencer it’s all or nothing? Not like say a video game influencer where your personal life makes no difference

Ari-55

Catching up on lily's threads because I like some of Lily's stuff but every time I open a link it's a Nasty gal/New Look/Misguided/PLT item and was wondering if anyone else was surprised that she's exclusively shopping at these places but glad it's not just me. I'm in my late 20s and try to either buy fast fashion that's a bit pricier and better quality or try to buy from sustainable/ethical places. I don't even consider the super fast fashion brands when shopping secondhand! And Lily is out here filling her wardrobe with these cheap pieces that will probably look shite IRL. I'm sure there are some gems out there and someone with a good eye could definitely find the nicer stuff from these shops but it honestly baffles me that she's still shopping exclusively here?

Thanks to keepgrowing93 for the other suggestions, am following!
Lily basically shops where ever will offer her an affiliate link 😂 Don’t think she goes much deeper than that.
Finding the balance between fast fashion and sustainability isn’t easy tbf, I know I struggle with it because I don’t have much money but of course want to look put together and presentable.

I'm not a Lily fan but I think we can all see what she's saying about the ombre hair, surely?! 🙈
She's not saying she started the trend. She's saying she influenced a lot of her followers into it.
We're all on tattle moaning about *influence*rs (hint hint) and moaning about them *influencing* people into hauls, fast fashion, other things we think aren't the most moral or ethical. Moaning about how they make people feel inferior bc they can't buy all the things they have been *influenced* into thinking they need... we can't moan about some of the things they influence people into buying or doing, then claim they're wrong to say they've done that very thing.

Sorry, as I say, not a Lily fan but that was annoying me 😂
Agree, have felt this when reading this. She was hugely influential and imo the precursor to Zoella? Zoella’s audiences were always much younger & she was big on YouTube way earlier than Lily. Had Lily played her 2012/3 cards better she’d have been bigger than Zoella imo 🤷🏻‍♀️

just went to browser to watch it but… I think what’s happened is, she filmed on Instagram stories to use the filter, instead of just saving, she’s accidentally clicked post. 🙂

I am a small business content creator, and the process is: film a rough cut on Instagram stories, using the filter (sometimes with outtakes like you would have seen) instead of posting, you save it to your camera roll, then edit it down on your phone to get a snappier version.

so that usual “laid back casual vibe” she posts, is just a reallllll edited down version. 45 seconds of rambles and retakes whittles down to a 7-10 second TikTok/Reel. So when you see the jump cuts she’s probably said the same thing over and over to get the shortest snappiest version… but usually you just never see the 20 other versions lmao. 😆

It’s so weird seeing others outtakes but, like 90% of my camera roll is like that because I’m shit at social media lmao. also explains why she positions her hair to begin with too!

Kat_Valentine

VIP Member
Exactly this. It just seems like she hasn’t grown up at all! Still doing outfit posts from her bedroom, refusing to move on from being a ‘scene kid’ getting excited about spending her birthday money.

It’s quite sad really…

sillysally96

exacrly what I thought. Also focusing on her feelings regarding the situation not concern for theirs- more to the point… why even post that?? To look like a hero?
I’ve missed her stories about this but this has really upset me.

during lockdown I found a man unconscious on the street and I waited with him for hours before the ambulance came. I was late for work and was walking my dogs and naturally didn’t share on social media because why the fuck would I? And why would she call the police??!!!

• Sad

Lotus101

VIP Member
‘I was an OG fashion girlie’
‘Posting this look blew me up’
‘I definitely popularised ombré hair in the UK blogging scene’

😅😅😅😅😅 Lily just be quiet
Every time she says “AlTeRnAtIvE” I die a little bit in side haha.
Also that collar she’s started wearing is doing nothing for her.
Her style reminds me of myself at 15 desperately trying to show how AlTERNatIvE I was 😂😂.
Now a days I just do not careeeee, I still love style & fashion and I’ll always love “grungey” styles more but I don’t feel like I need to waltz around in a band teee, put my snakebites nose ring and tongue piercing back & shove on every single piece of jewellery I own 😂. It just looks too much.

Reactions: 11

ekl2000

VIP Member
I absolutely loved here style back then. It was the time I discovered blogs and Lily was one of the first one I followed. As I’ve been to school back then, I usually tried to copy her Top-Cardigan-Miniskirt- Thights-and-Belt-Outfits. There was nothing Emo about it at all!
yeh exactly! Her indie style was cute and quite creative. So weird how she doesn’t just own that, rather than make out she was head to toe checkerboard and leopard in a slipknot mosh pit. Like ehhhh?

itsyagal

…’Fuck it’ 😭 Oh, Lily. No one cares hun.
It’s crazy how she’s only just started getting tattooed in her thirties despite being *the first and biggest emo / alt girl EVER who liked everything BEFORE we did*

Can’t wait to see what mediocre tumblr type tattoo she gets next…

Also, she’s gonna need to get a Tetanus jab if she carries on wearing that necklace. 🤢

Attachments

• Haha

barryjones

VIP Member
Yeah she’s obsessed with cultivating this cool ‘emo/alt’ girl vibe, even though it used to be 100% indie??

Girl, live your life. Like whatever you like. You’re a grown woman no one fucking cares. Who are you trying to impress anyway.

It’s pathetic if she’s honestly spent years not being her authentic self for what reason?

She’s jealous of Carrie for liking MCR and going to see them and not pretending she’s too cool? Wow.

caffinequeen

I don’t actually mind her cos I do find some of her outfits good inspo but Christ does she gatekeep 🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️ ‘A festival line up launch party’ and ‘a different kind of monday’ like Christ just say it’s download and move along