Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Disneydoubts

Think it's in really poor taste that she is doing the Pam Anderson series.
Pam herself has said she is very unhappy about it - basically making money and publicity over someone's abusive relationship when they didn't ask her permission.
I honestly can't see lily James pulling it off with her acting, but the choice to do it is tacky

• Wow
Reactions: 9

Vanillaco

VIP Member
At first I thought this was another Ewan McGregor situation, where he remained pretty much discreet with all his cheating over the years, until he 'caught feelings,' and decided he wanted out of his marriage. Now, though, with these cringeworthy photo ops, I don't know what's going on.

All I can say is they should have gone for a nice country walk instead of that awkward run!
I do wonder if it is pap shot one upmanship- Lily tried to force his hand with the Rome paps, then he did the Tory MP shots then she tipped off the press that he was in love with her, then he counteracted with the running shots. Maybe we are just onlookers in a bizarre lovers tiff, where they just send each other passive aggressive messages via the media!

• Haha

Sweetgirl89

I would say it's absolutely not fine. She has to say this and try to put on a front, it's definitely not fine.

If they had an agreement he could see and sleep with other women as long as she doesn't find out. He's been disrespecting her for years. Should never have agreed upon this. Its just allowing him to disrespect her every time. No matter if she knows. Shouldn't allow that. Kicked him to the kerb a long time ago.

The way he says women should be more tolerable of affairs. Why get married in the first place if you just want to sleep around with everyone. It's total disrespect to his wife.

He's a fucking loser 😂 can't stand cheaters

Whiskers

LJ was probably relieved to see the back of 2020, not realising that the question she’d get in 2021 would be “so... did you have cannibal sex with Armie Hammer?”

(Not intending to make light of the women involved. I really hope they can get help and move on.)

• Haha
What I find so strange is, she was doing the absolute most during lockdown. Daily papwalks, snorting coke in the park, spreading rumours of Matt Smitt “‘cheating” with Claire Foye (which was debunked as it was her just being jealous of their friendship). And then she did the whole embarrassing, obvious papwalk with Chris Evans.

(I honestly think Chris Evans is all talk, he has claimed he is against everything he did with Lily in London. Always acting like he is above it... but yet there he was frolicking in park like some attention seeking dummy. The ones he “despises” so much... so I disagree with people on social media only coming for her and not for him regarding that.)

After all that she thought Matt would take her back... The reason I’m so confused is because why would anyone get back with their ex after all that? Maybe it’s just me lol.

The affair, is just so off-putting. I disagree with all the people trying to make it a feminist issue. Because it’s not. It takes two to tango. And she deserves to get dragged just as much as Dominic’s weird ass does. What they both did was wrong plain and simple. “I was naieve” ma’am you are 30 years old, if my 20 year old self can know not to go after married men then sure she can as well.

I know this all a bit harsh.

If this was all to shed her Cinderella image, like she said she wanted repeatedly. It didn’t work at all. It’s clear she is probably going through something and I hope she gets help for it, if it is the case...

Curlywurly85

I only heard the apparently gay on here somewhere, probably the secret celeb gossip thread.

I'd happily let him take me to his dungeon.
Apparently the dungeon is ginger Chris Evans as it’s in the Epstein papers. Kind of makes sense with the Billie Piper marriage!

• Sick
  • Wow

PreciousVenus

Two people have, separately and unprompted, told me today that they are completely sick of the sight of Lily James and don't understand why she's in everything. One was a woman in her 60s and one in her 30s so a real demographic range...

EastofHollywood

Chatty Member
Two people have, separately and unprompted, told me today that they are completely sick of the sight of Lily James and don't understand why she's in everything. One was a woman in her 60s and one in her 30s so a real demographic range...
I know we see different things in actors, but I find her such a limited actress. I dont think shes very good at all, and it irritates me that she bloody turns up in things I want to watch and ruins them. I dont know how she gets parts either, over and above being posh and knowing lots of people in the industry.

Ugh, apparently she did go after Armie Hammer who she knew was married. His wife basically confirmed that it was part of the reason they divorced. I thought people were just making up stories because she happened to be spotted with a married Dominic West. But apparently this was true

Two married men, girl... I’m sorry but that’s just having no self respect... I really thought people were making that up smh.

It does look dumb as hell. Why would you even do it? I think she was either trying to make Dominic West jealous/get him to leave his wife for her, or she is desperate to change her image and /or break Hollywood and decided to take advice from Tom Hiddleston's PR agency 😄
No I think this was all designed to make Matt Smith jealous...

There was an article recently (which her team probably put out) saying she misses Matt and still loves him.

You have to remember that after the whole Chris Evans hookup (and BEFORE the Dominic West thing), she still went back to Matt wanting to fix things. But he didn’t want to I think because she went straight to Dominic.

I think Matt Smith might be officially done with her and that might be the reason why she was doing all these dumb things. Maybe just very heartbroken, in that case I recommend therapy. Not homewrecking, snorting coke in the park and staging dates with a celeb.

Reactions: 8

vikka

VIP Member
It makes his handwritten 'our marriage is fine' note look a bit embarrassing now. He comes off looking pathetic here really, imo.
Way worse than the statement was the photo-op they did when he came back, because why the F didn't he change his clothes???? Instead there's now pics of him in those clothes with Lily hanging off of him and his wife next to him. How she could bear to kiss him then is beyond me.
That photo-op was the worst in the history of damage control, just for the clothes alone.

Edit: And this photo op is really bad, because she isn't even wearing running shoes, making this look like an obvious set up.
If they want these photo ops, why not set them up to make sense? Do the old fashioned grocery shop, go for a walk, do something that makes sense for you, not an activity you otherwise never do! What next? Fake a pottery session?? (I assume they don't do any pottery!)

Last edited:
  • Haha

Silverback

VIP Member
I have to admit- trashy as it is- I’m loving Pam and Tommy. It’s a little light relief from all the murder documentaries I have a tendency to overindulge in!

vikka

VIP Member
I do wonder if it is pap shot one upmanship- Lily tried to force his hand with the Rome paps, then he did the Tory MP shots then she tipped off the press that he was in love with her, then he counteracted with the running shots. Maybe we are just onlookers in a bizarre lovers tiff, where they just send each other passive aggressive messages via the media!
This made me really laugh! With all this it's turning into a full-on Greek tragedy or something like that!! 😂

Who knows, that's fully possible. The media doesn't have much to go on anyway with the pandemic and all these lockdowns, I'd imagine the newsroom is fairly quiet these days compared to the world when it's normal...

After all, Dom is speed dialling the paps day and night! This time he's even alone!! (Wife probably told him to F off and leave her alone!)

How are we going to cope when all these updates stop??? 😂😂

• Haha

Vanillaco

VIP Member
I think she may have some issues... Her dad died when she was young (19 I think) and I can't help but wonder if that somehow plays a part.
I think she does. When she did Cinderella everyone thought she was seeing Richard Madden but she had a thing with Ben Chaplin, who played her father. He is also far better looking than DW and was single, but she seems to like the older man.

omg if there was ever a telltale sign that these 2 have never jogged together and it's all a photoop on top of him awkwardly telling her to keep up and their haggard running forms
He needs to stop dragging the poor woman out on photo ops and just lay low!

Last edited:
  • Wow
Well I agree the men always seem to get away with the shame side of it. However, career wise if she wants to be respected by her peers she should certainly not be “the other woman” again, date someone single ffs. She gets offered a lot of roles but you’d get to a point where women won’t want their partners to star opposite her, knowing what has happened on numerous occasions before. She needs to just sort her issues out and seek a lovely single person so that no one else needs to be humiliated.

Her romantic choices should have absolutely no bearing on her career, especially as the men never seem to suffer. I wouldn't respect a colleague any less if they were having affairs - none of my business. & I don't care who someone is boffing if I enjoy watching their artistic output.

vikka

VIP Member
Hmmm no obligation to anyone’s wives or children. How about the obligation of not breaking up a family? How about the obligation of standing by your sister and not giving a predatory male another opportunity to cheat on his wife? For these situations to arise it takes two people. If one person says no it doesn’t happen. Both are equally responsible.
Exactly, I am not at all into this deflecting from the non-married person and saying only the married person said their vows and broke them.
No, people who go knowingly after married people and people who are in relationships are the worst.

I hate people who see it as a sport to go after others who are married or in relationships, for validation, the thrill and "winning" over the spouse. People like that need to seek therapy and I suspect that like Sienna Miller, Lily is such a person.

To me, always and forever, the spouse and the "other person" are equally to blame.

What struck me in the Armie Hammer article was that Lily apparently went head-on after Armie, no shame whatsoever. Be that bold when you're both single, but going like that after a married man? Wtf!

What also struck me was when it said that even though his wife and kids were in England because of him, he didn't go to see them for several weekends, which was "normal". Why weren't they staying in the same city/town and how is it normal to be in a foreign place for your spouse and your spouse doesn't come home?

Didn't know that Armie was a serial adulterer, though the "not coming home for weekends" being "normal" hints at that imo. Why did his wife then leave him now over Lily? Last straw?

• Heart

TammyH.

I'm convinced that they're only staying together is for financial reasons. I know both are well off, but I think that castle is hers (or well, her families), and they almost sold it off at some point (guessing they couldn't afford it anymore) before they turned it into a commercial property.
The family can’t afford the castle and DW pays for the upkeep. If they don’t have him then they won’t be able to keep the castle.