Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

EastofHollywood

Chatty Member
I am chuckling about the announcement she's dropping a song at the end of summer that's about the furore over the Dominic West scandal.
What??!! Maybe it was all publicity then! What a hurtful thing for Dominic West to do to his children if he humiliated their mother for the sake of some cheap publicity ?! Unless he thought she was into him and she called the paps so only pr on her side!

slugella

VIP Member
I don't think she's a bad actress. As I said, I thought she was great in Mamma Mia. I actually preferred the 2nd to the 1st film. But don't think her playing a character played by Meryl automatically puts her in the same league.

I agree that she hasn't had great roles and that there is a problem with women not getting meaty roles. But we can only judge her acting based on what we have seen and until I see her on the stage/in a more challenging role then that's all I can base my opinion on. 🤷‍♀️

It will be interesting to see how her career changes after the Pamela Anderson film.

IrishMeeja

Chatty Member
I don’t get the comments that she’s a limited actress. She’s a properly trained actress from Guildhall. There’s a difference in being typecast in movies and in actually being limited.

Think of how Matthew McConaughey was typecast in romcoms despite having far more in him.

EastofHollywood

Chatty Member
Yes that is true. It is completely objective as to who you like or dislike as actors. She does a lot of stuff that is very samey, so if you dislike her in one thing, chances are you are just going to dislike her in a lot of a the other things she does. As you mentioned Emilia Clarke, she has done a greater range of stuff, and she has had a bit of a ropey career post GoT but I like her even though she is not the worlds best actress. She plays characters differently, they come across to me as having depth and nuance. Even though she has not been as successful as LJ, I would watch her happily in anything, whereas I had to fast forward swathes of Pursuit of Love because of her silly immature spoilt posh girl character, but that is the character she plays a lot, so every time I see her, it annoys me and ruins whatever it is Im watching! I haven't seen her on stage because I don't want to spend £50 watching a play that she's in, so chances are I wont ever see her on stage :D I'm sure she's crying all the way to the bank that I don't rate her as an actress though! We like different things and there must be a lot of people who love her for her to have been so successful.
I mean subjective, not objective :D

Vanillaco

VIP Member
The Smith thing isn’t a rumor, it comes from an article that her team sent in. Saying that she will now remain single or date someone out of the industry.

It was obviously a pr-piece.
Oh yes that was definitely a pr piece, as I think her PR may have got wind of her going to Rome. I think her and Smith were probably done for good before the Evan's pap pics. Maybe she did go off the rails after they split and that's when the park pap shots started.

HubIreLovesMnD

That's going to be a fun watch :D I wonder how realistic it will be....
I could hardly pick an actress that looks less like Pamela Anderson !
I wonder how they will "enhance" her for the role

Vanillaco

VIP Member
So, she's apparently just bought a house in London. Are the rumours that she's moving to LA false then?
It's a good idea to buy a house in London even if you do end up leaving to go somewhere else, because you'll just get priced out of the market. I thought she split with Matt Smith because she wanted to supercharge her career. I would have thought moving to LA would be the best way of doing that.

Rita.

VIP Member
That’s what alot of people are confused at too, why the hell was he there for less than a week. I feel like he might’ve flew there to surprise her and was told he wasn’t allowed to enter their bubble since they were strict?

All I know is that that man had no business being in Bath at all.

I know his stans were making all these excuses saying he had to work. What work? That man has absolutely no work in the UK.
I don't know about the second trip to the UK but the first was definitely Little Shop related. There was a lot of industry chat about it at the time.

Regarding the second trip, I don't remember seeing or hearing anything about this at the time but if it was a surprise and she was busy shacked up with crusty old West.... wow, can you imagine LOL. That's a heavy handed rejection!

Whoever mentioned the podcast, I'll have a Google but if you can remember the source, let me know. I've met Chris Evans and thought he was cool, but obviously these people are performers... I also met Jenny Slate (separately) a couple of times circa TSLOP and it doesn't surprise me at all that she put him in his place!

I wonder if its some sort of 'cover' for a summer showmance? If it starts filming next year, a new 'romance' will deflect from any resurrection of the Dominic West thing when their TV drama is being publicised. Its very odd casting, unless they got them cheap with a showmance as part of the deal. I dont know much about him or his love life, but it would get him in the tabloids too.
Sebastian Stan has a girlfriend so I doubt it tbh...

LadyLockdown

VIP Member
See, there were lots of stories insisting Matt Smith and her lived together, but I used to live in North London and from pap shots and some zoom things they did, they were living in different places. They may have started out in the same place, but she moved to Primrose Hill at some point. She has known West for 10 years. I wouldnt be surprised if she was seeing him on and off for a lot longer than anyone thought and the rumours about them getting back together and the Chris Evan's pics were her PR desperately trying to distract the press from her affair with West. She was also in a covid bubble with West from just after the Evan's pictures to when she was seen with him in Rome. The Pursuit of Love was the first thing to go back I think. The director was on Radio 4 talking about it. They werent allowed home for 3 months, so the second Smith rumours cant have been true. And who splits with someone you've lived with for 5 years, then books a plane ticket the next day to go on holiday with a married man, and your agent doesn't bat an eyelid? And why do I know so much about these people ?😄
This makes a lot of sense!

Lucmg01

I think the problem with reading too much gossip is that you get overly cynical about celebs antics. I think the truth is just the more boring two people had a one night stand and tried to style it out as not a one night stand. For some reason the photographer who too the Chris Evans photos came up on my Insta feed ( probably because this thread has led me down an Insta stalking rabbit hole) He was playing coy about whether it was staged or not, but his teaser emojis suggested they were, as if that wasnt obvious!
Also as if Chris Evans would even look at a tv script about a trashy couples sex tape from the 90's 😁. They wish!
I do think Evans could pull of the dentist role quite well though
Who was the photographer ?

fishlo

He confirmed that he was in London for work things yes, but not for filming.

Last edited: