Lily Allen #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has anyone watched Dreamland yet? I put it on in the background yesterday. Not as good/funny as some of the other Sharon Horgan stuff but apparently she only produced this. Supporting cast is excellent but Lily is just ok. Decent enough job but I think a proper comic actor would have probably been better.

Reactions: 4
Has anyone watched Dreamland yet? I put it on in the background yesterday. Not as good/funny as some of the other Sharon Horgan stuff but apparently she only produced this. Supporting cast is excellent but Lily is just ok. Decent enough job but I think a proper comic actor would have probably been better.
I watched it last night, convinced it would be excellent cos of Sharon Horgan. It was ok. First episode was bad. Rest of it was an improvement, but just not that engaging, and quite slow. Lily was decent in it though. The older sister? (Claire), youngest sister (Leila) and the mum stole the show though.

The older sister? (Claire), youngest sister (Leila) and the mum stole the show though
Agreed. Also, although I think Freema is beautiful, I haven’t seen her in a role yet where she’s convinced me she can actually act. Apparently it was based on a short with Sheridan Smith in Freema’s role and Morgana Robinson in Lily’s. Shame they couldn’t reprise their roles for the series.

Reactions: 6
Agreed. Also, although I think Freema is beautiful, I haven’t seen her in a role yet where she’s convinced me she can actually act. Apparently it was based on a short with Sheridan Smith in Freema’s role and Morgana Robinson in Lily’s. Shame they couldn’t reprise their roles for the series.
I think she was limited by the character - she was like a caricature of an aggressive black woman, and it wasn’t until the very end that there seemed to be any more dimension to her. They did try to cover a couple of social issues with her character, but it was clunky and contrived.

I think she was limited by the character - she was like a caricature of an aggressive black woman, and it wasn’t until the very end that there seemed to be any more dimension to her. They did try to cover a couple of social issues with her character, but it was clunky and contrived.
I agree - the scene in the hospital in E1 (?) was a bit much. Those are of course very important issues that just felt shoehorned in to one bit of a dialogue

Reactions: 2
I enjoyed it. there was some questionable acting but not Lily.
Though the plot twist was v obvious from the second we got the first piece of the information.
I loved the mum and her whole story line.
The colour scheme too. The hipster guy had to have been mapped on fleabags Harry. (And the single funniest scene in tv history - the shower surprise scene)

I would love to see the short - I have searched sky and YouTube(ie googled it) - nada. Anyone know if it can be watched on line? Morgana is a brilliant comedy actress.

I loved her in New Amsterdam! (I’ve only seen her in that and Sense8) I thought she was fine, better than Lily… It was like watching Lily Allen act. I found myself cringing at her at times!

I felt the series didn’t go anywhere really!

Has anybody listened to Lily on the Off Menu podcast that came out the other day? She is so utterly spoilt but for some reason, I can’t help but like her.

Lots of insights to her eating habits anyway.

She was in th
Has anybody listened to Lily on the Off Menu podcast that came out the other day? She is so utterly spoilt but for some reason, I can’t help but like her.

Lots of insights to her eating habits anyway.
She was in the DM saying how she simply forgets to eat although she loves food.
Then i go on the Ozempic thread (weight loss drug) and thats how posters are saying they feel...

• Wow
Reactions: 10
She was in th
Then i go on the Ozempic thread (weight loss drug) and thats how posters are saying they feel...
Yep…she said she forgets to eat because she’s so busy with her kids…then in the same interview says that they go to school and she has a nanny. She sounds hands on enough but her day can’t possibly be so jam-packed that she forgets to eat. She just means she doesn’t have an appetite.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
She was in th
You only have to look at what she’s used to look like not that she was ever ever ever “big” to know that this is not naturally her. Weird how the 10-20years previously she remembered to eat and didn’t like so sick and skeletal

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
I did wonder how the podcast would go, given her history of ED (and honestly, indications that she’s still struggling).

David has become fatter and very thin for roles before. So my hunch is that he's introduced her to some medication (maybe ozempic) that suppresses appetite.

Reactions: 3
I've got a lot of scepticism when it comes to the onslaught of people getting diagnosed with adhd but I can easily buy it that Lily has this.

Mostly though I just worry about how thin she is, and feel sickened when the tabloids praise her body image. I hope she can get it together and be healthier.

I remember years ago she said she used to love sitting with two packs of ginger nuts and a bag of milk bottles and eating them all. So bollocks to never feeling hungry

Reactions: 6
She was in th
I remember Alexa Chung said this too when her career was taking off - that she was too busy and would forget to go to the supermarket...over a decade later and she pretty much still looks the same as when she first lost weight. :/

Reactions: 5
David has become fatter and very thin for roles before. So my hunch is that he's introduced her to some medication (maybe ozempic) that suppresses appetite.
David and Lily are a couple that I just don’t get, I can’t put my finger on it but I feel like it’ll end in disaster and I just don’t know why!

Reactions: 14
David and Lily are a couple that I just don’t get, I can’t put my finger on it but I feel like it’ll end in disaster and I just don’t know why!
I know. She always had weird looking older boyfriends though hasn't she ?

I remember Alexa Chung said this too when her career was taking off - that she was too busy and would forget to go to the supermarket...over a decade later and she pretty much still looks the same as when she first lost weight. :/
I saw a very old clip of Alexa on Instagram and she was absolutely stunning - it was before she lost weight and her face was full and healthy, rather than gaunt and sullen. I know Alexa has the ‘fashion’ look these days but in my opinion it’s nowhere near as attractive as when she had colour in her cheeks and a sparkle in her eye.