Lily Allen #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t think either Lily, Alfie or the sister are conventionally attractive. Money and the accompanying confidence it brings goes a long way. In fact, I actually find Alfie Allen repulsive in a Peter Andre sort of way. I can’t watch anything he’s in (I know that sounds really bitchy, but it’s not that I think he’s Elephant Man grotesque, it’s just a reaction I have to him when I see him on telly).
I never watched Games of Thrones, so I have no idea what he was like on that show. But he was on a show I really liked, Harlots, and he just annoyed me so much on it. I don't think it was the character, I think it was just him. 😆😆

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I never watched Games of Thrones, so I have no idea what he was like on that show. But he was on a show I really liked, Harlots, and he just annoyed me so much on it. I don't think it was the character, I think it was just him. 😆😆
I loved that show but I can’t even remember him in it. I must have just shut my eyes every time he was onscreen.

Reactions: 2
He was in Harlots? I didn’t notice 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I thought he was amazing on GoT. I’m a huge fan and his character was one of my favourites. I also thought he was good in JoJo Rabbit & John Wick. He’s definitely a far more talented actor than Lily. I didn’t even get halfway into Dreamland.

Reactions: 8
He’s definitely a far more talented actor than Lily
Oh definitely. But there’s something about him that makes my skin crawl. This is my problem because I also feel the same about Tom Hardy, who everyone goes gaga over. I think it’s because neither of them look like they wash too often.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Her new show Dreamland looks good!
Did you watch it ??? Lily can sing but not act. The show was ok but very predictable. I would not watch another series. I wonder how she is getting these acting gigs ?? Something to do with her husband???
---
Interesting re Eve, I have to say I had already got that impression from her interviews and socials, that she's a spoiled brat. I think the cuntitude comes from her dad as her mum is a classy lady.
I don't think she talks to her dad ?? Unless that's changed 🤷🏼‍♀️

Did you watch it ??? Lily can sing but not act. The show was ok but very predictable. I would not watch another series. I wonder how she is getting these acting gigs ?? Something to do with her husband???
---

I don't think she talks to her dad ?? Unless that's changed 🤷🏼‍♀️
I don’t think you saw my update. I didn’t even get halfway into it. I thought it was dreadful.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I saw a clip she posted on her Instagram and that was enough - she can’t act. You could tell she was acting. Sixth form drama acting.

Reactions: 3
I usually adore Sharon Horgan’s writing, but that was just really basic.
I don’t think the series was written by Sharon Horgan. The original sketch was, but I think she was just a producer for the series. SH is waaay funnier than that.

I don’t think the series was written by Sharon Horgan. The original sketch was, but I think she was just a producer for the series. SH is waaay funnier than that.
That’s as maybe but I do think the SH Midas touch is coming away a little bit, don’t forget Bad Sisters was originally a Belgian dramedy called “Clan”….

Anyway, sorry for derailing with my know it all tuppence’ worth.

Reactions: 1
Lily looks very nice in the FT this weekend. Her skin looks amazing and glowy.

Not read the whole article, but she claims to be 2 stone heavier now than in 2021 when she was doing the West end show....she had an "unhealthy relationship" with food then

I suspect you always will, love. But the trick is to stay the right side of gaunt for your bone structure.

Perhaps she has hrt now?
---
Also claiming she "got thin before ozempic"
Pretty sure it's been available in the US for a good 5 or 6 years. Especially to celebs like David.

Could be other medication also with appetite control side effects.

Why are people so keen never to admit an external cause for weight loss?

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
Why are people so keen never to admit an external cause for weight loss?
Because, like being fat, it’s seen as a lazy way out (not my view obviously). It has to be seen as either effortless (good genes, ‘I eat what I want’), or something you work really hard to achieve. Like god blessed them with them with a nice face and a good body or 789 free hours a week that they can spend in the gym so they somehow deserve to be rich and famous.

I’d have much more respect if they just admitted they only eat a lettuce leaf a day or had wls or whatever. I suppose the other thing is that all the speculation keeps the attention on them - look at how many column inches Victoria Beckhams boob job has had over the years.

Reactions: 12