Lily Allen #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If you do admit you are careful about what you eat you get jeered at too. Look at Victoria Beckham - she doesn't try to hide that she lives off steamed fish and undressed salad and she gets mocked for that. You can't win.

Reactions: 14
If you do admit you are careful about what you eat you get jeered at too. Look at Victoria Beckham - she doesn't try to hide that she lives off steamed fish and undressed salad and she gets mocked for that. You can't win.
And it’s usually only women whose bodies are policed in this manner.

Reactions: 24
20 years ago probably only women. I believe men are increasingly under pressure/scrutiny to achieve thr body beautiful nowadays

Reactions: 2
20 years ago probably only women. I believe men are increasingly under pressure/scrutiny to achieve thr body beautiful nowadays
Maybe but it’s nowhere near the same volume or pressure that women receive and I don’t believe it’s yet to trickle down to ‘normal’ life. You still see absolute munters (from their profile pics) having the audacity to diss beautiful (or any) women on social media. Posting photos of female celebs who have dared to age slightly and saying they’ve ‘hit the wall’ or laughing at videos of Lizzo (and much, MUCH worse). And the thing is, you just know they’re probably sitting in the spare bedroom at their mums house eating last nights kebab in their underpants.

Anyway, that’s completely OT, sorry.

Reactions: 23
Maybe but it’s nowhere near the same volume or pressure that women receive and I don’t believe it’s yet to trickle down to ‘normal’ life. You still see absolute munters (from their profile pics) having the audacity to diss beautiful (or any) women on social media. Posting photos of female celebs who have dared to age slightly and saying they’ve ‘hit the wall’ or laughing at videos of Lizzo (and much, MUCH worse). And the thing is, you just know they’re probably sitting in the spare bedroom at their mums house eating last nights kebab in their underpants.

Anyway, that’s completely OT, sorry.
Total amateurs if they've let kebab survive uneaten for 8 hours 😄

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I’d have much more respect if they just admitted they only eat a lettuce leaf a day or had wls or whatever. I suppose the other thing is that all the speculation keeps the attention on them - look at how many column inches Victoria Beckhams boob job has had over the years.
completely agree, I was really fascinated with Gwyneth Paltrow's recent bizarre ramble about food - basically confirming she eats super low calorie food and expensive supplements all day and never touches real food.

I'm new to this thread but I feel like I've been following Lily for 20 years. I think she has a very long term eating disorder but she manages periods where she's healthy enough.

Reactions: 12
completely agree, I was really fascinated with Gwyneth Paltrow's recent bizarre ramble about food - basically confirming she eats super low calorie food and expensive supplements all day and never touches real food.

I'm new to this thread but I feel like I've been following Lily for 20 years. I think she has a very long term eating disorder but she manages periods where she's healthy enough.
I saw Gwyneth in real life once, she was unhealthily, shockingly thin. It's true about the camera adding weight, the pressure on famous women is even more extreme.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
I saw Gwyneth in real life once, she was unhealthily, shockingly thin. It's true about the camera adding weight, the pressure on famous women is even more extreme.
My brother said the same about VB when he saw her in real life. He said he didn’t know how she managed to support her head she was so thin.

I really don’t like the discourse around women’s bodies. We’re either too fat or thin, but while my major feeling towards these celebs is pity, they are the ones who are maintaining the standards that many of us are judged by. I mean, they’re rich and famous and probably don’t care what Josephine Bloggs on the street thinks, but i would hate to than live like that and have every pound I put on or lost discussed by thousands of people. Steamed fish and broccoli for every meal? Salt on brown toast as an ‘treat’ or bleeping bone broth? 🤢 Nah, keep your money and I’ll take fried rice, chips and curry sauce in front of the telly any night of the week.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
I guess a big press interview is going to ask Lily Allen about food because of all the speculation. It's too personal, but inevitable.

She should just refuse to answer or be very vague and talk about a few favourite restaurants or something if she doesn't want it all dragged up again. Tell them to do one. Unless she likes the attention/feels she needs to address it to sell copy and 'givethe people what they want'.

Reactions: 4
Just seen Lily on itv news and she is looking extremely thin! More thin than ever, and I know she yo yos. I’m not body shaming her - I was a huge fan of hers back in the MySpace days and I know that she has historically struggled with eating disorders. I hope she’s ok :(

• Sad
Reactions: 8

When you look back at the time she became famous, they all have/had eating disorders. Amy Winehouse’s brother believes it wasn’t drink or drugs that killed her but her years of abusing her body through bulimia and starvation.

Then across the Atlantic the whole Rachel Zoe set who were encouraged to starve themselves Nicole Richie, Lindsay Lohan and Mischa Barton.

• Sad
  • Wow
When you look back at the time she became famous, they all have/had eating disorders. Amy Winehouse’s brother believes it wasn’t drink or drugs that killed her but her years of abusing her body through bulimia and starvation.

Then across the Atlantic the whole Rachel Zoe set who were encouraged to starve themselves Nicole Richie, Lindsay Lohan and Mischa Barton.
Nicole Richie is still tiny and it’s not her natural
body type, whatever she says - The Simple Life and younger photos of her demonstrate that. She must go to fairly extreme measures to stay so small consistently and especially as she ages.

• Sad
Reactions: 18
Nicole Richie is still tiny and it’s not her natural
body type, whatever she says - The Simple Life and younger photos of her demonstrate that. She must go to fairly extreme measures to stay so small consistently and especially as she ages.
I think it’s the same as Victoria Beckham they just maintain it.

Reactions: 10
Yeah Lily Allen said that Nicola from Girls Aloud was the "ugly one”
Lily knew that was an awful thing to say and still went it.

Reactions: 9
Yeah Lily Allen said that Nicola from Girls Aloud was the "ugly one”
Lily knew that was an awful thing to say and still went it.
Yep and made ginger comments and then God sends her a ginger daughter 😂

I know she did come out years later saying that she only slagged Cheryl Cole because she was jealous of her. Personally I think Racist Cheryl is worse 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Yep and made ginger comments and then God sends her a ginger daughter 😂

I know she did come out years later saying that she only slagged Cheryl Cole because she was jealous of her. Personally I think Racist Cheryl is worse 🤷🏼‍♀️
Yeah Cheryl Cole will always be Biffa to me.
She showed absolutely no remorse after conviction.

Amazing how fixing your teeth and riding Simon Cowell changes the public opinion of you 💅🏽
It always amazed me how she managed to get away with that and not only didn’t get cancelled but went on to become the ‘nation’s sweetheart’ and a national treasure. She always came across as a complete witch on X Factor as well plus the irony of having Cheryl bleeping Cole judging how well you can you sing. She’s the literal embodiment of the phrase ‘sing like no one is listening’

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19