Lily Allen #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
And she didn't even order that much food!
So glad you thought this too, when she described what she ordered I felt like a whale because I could eat that x3 with a dessert on top and probably still be hungry.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
And she didn't even order that much food!
Right. The fact that she even thought ahead to portray that as her being self-conscious about ordering a fairly standard amount of food for one person is also toxic. As if one should feel bad about what they eat ever 🙄 I don't even think this "story" is true. It sounds a lot like someone I knew with disordered eating that covered it up by posting photos of abundant food on her social media.

Reactions: 9
Whatever happened to her shop Lucy in the Sky? Did it go bust?
---
Yet she had no shame ordering sex workers to her hotel rooms.
🤮🤮🤮
I was very ill in February and was bedridden just sleeping all the time so I joined audible and after hearing snippets and her plane escapade with LG I listened to her book with her reading it, I had to keep playing it over and over as I was always falling asleep and it surprised me she was ordering sex workers, her book wasn't as gossipy as I thought it was going to be, what I took from it was she isn't that great of a mum and didn't really enjoy being a mum.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
what I took from it was she isn't that great of a mum and didn't really enjoy being a mum.
I reread it last weekend and totally get where you’re coming from. I maybe see it from a different perspective though, especially reading it the second time as I’m in a whole new headspace now to the first time I read it. I think her own upbringing was pretty messed up and generational trauma was at play. Also, just trauma in general, jeez, I can’t imagine experiencing some of the things she did.

I had pretty severe PND and the transition into motherhood wasn’t easy for me so maybe that’s why I’m more empathetic towards her struggles. I actually found it quite brave that she spoke out about the struggles she faced as it’s a very real thing that some women experience. The reality is that unresolved trauma can (but not always) cause some really messed up behaviour. Sometimes when you’ve got everything you thought you ever wanted and the reality is very different it can send you off the rails. People such as myself who weren’t parented particularly well and suffer from mental health issues sometimes struggle to adjust and have to learn on the job (we don’t always get it right straight away). Her children were never in harms way and seem to have been well protected from her turbulence by Sam, that’s not me saying they won’t have experienced trauma themselves through Lillie’s actions but I guess what I mean is I don’t view her and some kind of neglectful or abusive monster. Just a woman who had demons and was maladapted to parenthood.

She’s sober now and has had therapy so not sure it’s fair to say she didn’t a great mum in present tense as relationships change and evolve (even with your kids). Or maybe she is still working through it, who knows.

I’d quite like her to write another book so I can have an update 😂. I deffo have a soft spot for the girl despite and probably because of the flaws. Not often you read a whole book of someone telling their life including the really messed up parts that most people would take the grave. Makes me feel like less of an alien with the stuff that I’ve experienced in my own life.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
In her autobiography, she admitted to ordering a female sex worker while on tour (I think).
it really is “anything for attention”.
I cannot stand her.
---
And I don’t believe she “ordered a sex worker”.
I think most of the nonsense that she spouts for attention are lies.

Reactions: 12
I cannot stand her.
---
OMG remember when Zoe Kravitz called the story in her book BS?!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
OMG remember when Zoe Kravitz called the story in her book BS?!
Omg, I didn’t know about this so just looked it up. Incase anyone else not aware of what Zoe said about the kiss:

I cannot stand her.
---
Tbf as much as I’ve admitted I have a soft spot for Lillie she is a narcissist (admits this herself) so I’m sure there are probably a few porkie pies in her book.

Thinking about it something that does bother me about the book, she was happy to name loads of celebs etc but never named some of the key people in the book such as the music exec. She said she did an affidavit at the time about what happened so I’d have draaaagged him. Seems a bit crappy to name drop someone you kissed without consent along with loads of people you slept with, but then let someone who sexually assaulted you go unnamed.

• Wow
Reactions: 12
I reread it last weekend and totally get where you’re coming from. I maybe see it from a different perspective though, especially reading it the second time as I’m in a whole new headspace now to the first time I read it. I think her own upbringing was pretty messed up and generational trauma was at play. Also, just trauma in general, jeez, I can’t imagine experiencing some of the things she did.

I had pretty severe PND and the transition into motherhood wasn’t easy for me so maybe that’s why I’m more empathetic towards her struggles. I actually found it quite brave that she spoke out about the struggles she faced as it’s a very real thing that some women experience. The reality is that unresolved trauma can (but not always) cause some really messed up behaviour. Sometimes when you’ve got everything you thought you ever wanted and the reality is very different it can send you off the rails. People such as myself who weren’t parented particularly well and suffer from mental health issues sometimes struggle to adjust and have to learn on the job (we don’t always get it right straight away). Her children were never in harms way and seem to have been well protected from her turbulence by Sam, that’s not me saying they won’t have experienced trauma themselves through Lillie’s actions but I guess what I mean is I don’t view her and some kind of neglectful or abusive monster. Just a woman who had demons and was maladapted to parenthood.

She’s sober now and has had therapy so not sure it’s fair to say she didn’t a great mum in present tense as relationships change and evolve (even with your kids). Or maybe she is still working through it, who knows.

I’d quite like her to write another book so I can have an update 😂. I deffo have a soft spot for the girl despite and probably because of the flaws. Not often you read a whole book of someone telling their life including the really messed up parts that most people would take the grave. Makes me feel like less of an alien with the stuff that I’ve experienced in my own life.
I can appreciate everything you are saying. The trouble with Lily is that she has been through lots of traumatic events and yet still seems to have zero empathy for anyone except herself. She is a vacuum of emotion unless telling us about her.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I can appreciate everything you are saying. The trouble with Lily is that she has been through lots of traumatic events and yet still seems to have zero empathy for anyone except herself. She is a vacuum of emotion unless telling us about her.
I don’t disagree with this. She has in the past tried to express empathy (usually on really big issues) but always fucks it up somehow, like Calais and Grenfell.

Reactions: 3
I thought Lily was pretty spot on with talking about parenting and the internet on the pod the other day.

Maybe it's because she's more relaxed in the pod vs an interview situation but she seems a lot more likable and mature.

Reactions: 16
I don’t dislike her, I think she’s had a difficult upbringing and I admire her candidness.
She gives more tea than the average celeb, and I’m a Tattler so… ☕ ♥

• Heart
Reactions: 15