Lily Allen #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I will be watching it purely because Sharon Horgan is involved, but this is yet another show featuring a nepo baby and once you start to see this stuff, you can’t unsee it (Bad Sisters was brilliant but also features Bono’s daughter). No doubt Lily got the part purely through her amazing acting skillz, talent and hard work and nothing else.

Reactions: 5
I will be watching it purely because Sharon Horgan is involved, but this is yet another show featuring a nepo baby and once you start to see this stuff, you can’t unsee it (Bad Sisters was brilliant but also features Bono’s daughter). No doubt Lily got the part purely through her amazing acting skillz, talent and hard work and nothing else.
This is also why I’m going off Sharon Horgan quite a bit too.

Reactions: 11
I loved most of their house (I have no taste.) But when she started talking I thought who is this? Also don't they have a couple of kids? Looks like no kids live there.

Reactions: 6
I loved most of their house (I have no taste.) But when she started talking I thought who is this? Also don't they have a couple of kids? Looks like no kids live there.
It looks like no one at all lives there.

Maybe all of their stuff got cramped into the kids‘ rooms, which they didn’t want to show because of privacy and aesthetic.

@Lily being a nepo baby: in comparison to Bono‘s daughter she might have had the money and the connections (maybe not on the same level though), but, Bono is an international rock star, in which millions of people have interest, which then would want to find out who his daughters and her abilities are. Because they are interested in Bono as a person, and his family. Now I don’t know how big Keith and Allison really are in the UK, but outside the UK, they are not popular at all. So her parents are no reason for the rest of the world to be interested in her.

Last edited:
I wonder what the selective parading around is all about. It seemed like David was trying to be more private and now they are doing magazine spreads and she's reposting photos taken of them at sporting events. It's pretty cringe. It makes me like David less. He was never in the tabloid spotlight like this until he was with her.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
@Lily being a nepo baby: in comparison to Bono‘s daughter she might have had the money and the connections (maybe not on the same level though), but, Bono is an international rock star, in which millions of people have interest, which then would want to find out who his daughters and her abilities are. Because they are interested in Bono as a person, and his family. Now I don’t know how big Keith and Allison really are in the UK, but outside the UK, they are not popular at all. So her parents are no reason for the rest of the world to be interested in her.
I’m not quite sure what the point you’re making here is? As you said, nepo babies get opportunities and a foot in the door through their connections and wealth, not because the audience is interested in what x or y’s offspring can do. But they still have a leg up over thousands of other kids who have don’t have those connections and it’s rife in the industry, with many of them not even acknowledging the privilege they’ve had, like Lily did. Yes, they have to be ambitious and talented to stay in the business they’ve chosen once they’re there, but thousands of ordinary, w/c kids who go to drama school won’t even get that chance in the first place.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
with many of them not even acknowledging the privilege they’ve had, like Lily did.
Agree with everything as per Fran, to add to this in Lily’s book she said it was actually harder for her because of who her parents were……. 😂😂😂😂 I’m sure many of us can relate to just how hard life is when your mum sorts you a flat and allowance in Notting Hill and your dad takes you around majors to meet his contacts, SO hard striking workers take note of what hard work looks like pls 😳

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I honestly just think it’s her hair .. the colour the cut is really really horrific
The hair colour makes her skin look very pale and sickly, and the cut doesn't suit her face shape
---

I wonder what the selective parading around is all about. It seemed like David was trying to be more private and now they are doing magazine spreads and she's reposting photos taken of them at sporting events. It's pretty cringe. It makes me like David less. He was never in the tabloid spotlight like this until he was with her.
He seems to be doing more high profile TV shows/movies so being more present on social media is likely a move by his agents if anything

I’m not quite sure what the point you’re making here is? As you said, nepo babies get opportunities and a foot in the door through their connections and wealth, not because the audience is interested in what x or y’s offspring can do. But they still have a leg up over thousands of other kids who have don’t have those connections and it’s rife in the industry, with many of them not even acknowledging the privilege they’ve had, like Lily did. Yes, they have to be ambitious and talented to stay in the business they’ve chosen once they’re there, but thousands of ordinary, w/c kids who go to drama school won’t even get that chance in the first place.
My point is, there is a difference between nepo-babies. People like Lily-Rose Depp, Kaya Gerber, Brooklyn Beckham, are more interesting topics to the public than Lily. Lily‘s parents are most likely no reason to watch her new show, whereas Bono could be the reason for people watching a show with his daughter in it.

My point is, there is a difference between nepo-babies. People like Lily-Rose Depp, Kaya Gerber, Brooklyn Beckham, are more interesting topics to the public than Lily. Lily‘s parents are most likely no reason to watch her new show, whereas Bono could be the reason for people watching a show with his daughter in it.

TBH the spawn of Bono, the world's most insufferable bleep, is more likely to make me switch off.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Lily‘s parents are most likely no reason to watch her new show, whereas Bono could be the reason for people watching a show with his daughter in it.
Tbh, I didn’t realise Bono’s daughter was Bono’s daughter until she made such a song and dance about being a nepo baby on Twitter (I think she goes by her mother’s surname). My argument is that nepo babies have lots of opportunities that others don’t. Was Lily Allen really the best actor for that part? IDK, but it’s another part that’s been taken by someone who’s already privileged and hasn’t had to go to drama school and presumably do rounds and rounds of auditions for. However much she denies it, her connections have got here where she is now. How many people can piss about at school, get expelled, piss about a bit more then jet off to Ibiza and have George Lamb (another nepo baby) offer to be their manager? She didn’t have to do the pub and clubs circuit while worrying about how to make ends meet and as far as I’m aware, she has no formal acting training. ‘Oh, my last album flopped, I’m an actress now’. I’m not saying she’s isn’t talented (she is) but she hasn’t gotten where she is through talent alone. And instead of acknowledging that, she throws a tantrum about it on Twitter.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Tbh, I didn’t realise Bono’s daughter was Bono’s daughter until she made such a song and dance about being a nepo baby on Twitter (I think she goes by her mother’s surname). My argument is that nepo babies have lots of opportunities that others don’t. Was Lily Allen really the best actor for that part? IDK, but it’s another part that’s been taken by someone who’s already privileged and hasn’t had to go to drama school and presumably do rounds and rounds of auditions for. However much she denies it, her connections have got here where she is now. How many people can piss about at school, get expelled, piss about a bit more then jet off to Ibiza and have George Lamb (another nepo baby) offer to be their manager? She didn’t have to do the pub and clubs circuit while worrying about how to make ends meet and as far as I’m aware, she has no formal acting training. ‘Oh, my last album flopped, I’m an actress now’. I’m not saying she’s isn’t talented (she is) but she hasn’t gotten where she is through talent alone. And instead of acknowledging that, she throws a tantrum about it on Twitter.
I’m not denying at all that she‘s had it easier. But the producers of Emily in Paris had the additional bonus perspective of people being curious for Lily Collins because of her dad, which is a merit Lily doesn’t bring with her. So I guess Lily C in comparison has it even easier than Lily A.

Reactions: 3
Bono the insufferable irritant is Mr. Paul Hewson, so that is Eves legitimate surname.

I couldn't agree more with your points about another insufferable madam, Lily Allen, cannot stand her . :mad:

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Bono the insufferable irritant is Mr. Paul Hewson, so that is Eves legitimate surname
I didn’t even realise that! I try and avoid him as much possible. I’ll never forget that time he inserted his new album on my iPhone without consent 😡

ETA; although it’s an interesting point that some nepo babies don’t change their surnames and go as icognito as possible when it apparently bothers them so much when they’re linked to famous parents.

Reactions: 3