Lilandlife #5 “Am I the problem?” Yes, yes you are.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I really feel for her children. Having one parent with an addiction and another who seems happiest when she’s away from the kids will be so damaging and hard enough without adding the constant house renovations into the mix. The least they could have done is provide their children with a place they can be comfortable in and that isn’t a constant building site and then moving into the next once it’s finished. Doing a house up the way they do isn’t a need, it’s something they like to do. They could have waited until the children were older or they have a more settled relationship with their own issues (I know for mental health that may be never) but at the end of the day you choose to have a family, you cannot do it all and expect the children not to be negatively affected.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I really feel for her children. Having one parent with an addiction and another who seems happiest when she’s away from the kids will be so damaging and hard enough without adding the constant house renovations into the mix. The least they could have done is provide their children with a place they can be comfortable in and that isn’t a constant building site and then moving into the next once it’s finished. Doing a house up the way they do isn’t a need, it’s something they like to do. They could have waited until the children were older or they have a more settled relationship with their own issues (I know for mental health that may be never) but at the end of the day you choose to have a family, you cannot do it all and expect the children not to be negatively affected.
I don’t even feel like they do like it. They’re chasing happiness, thinking it’s in the next Reno or holiday or for her time away from the kids. She comes across so unhappy and Instagram is a highlight reel, if this is the best bits we’re seeing it’s so concerning for the welfare of her kids. They’ve both got clearly a lot of issues and it comes across as an extremely toxic environment, I don’t think they work. Two happy homes is better than one unhappy one. We’ve literally watched them for years and years and nothing has ever changed. It’s really sad.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Agree with this. They’re not just having a rough match; they’ve literally never been in a good patch. Why are they together? I know he has addiction issues, but she would suck the life out of you. Those poor kids.

Reactions: 11
I think they’re one of those couples that stay together because they have kids but actually it’s toxic doing this. They’d be happier and better apart.

Reactions: 16
I think they’re one of those couples that stay together because they have kids but actually it’s toxic doing this. They’d be happier and better apart.
I genuinely don’t think they would be happier apart, at least I don’t think Lil would be. I think she loves to play the martyr and ‘poor me, my life is horrible’ card when in actual fact, most of the reasons she hates her life are her own doing. I don’t feel sorry for Kieran either, it’s the kids that are the ones suffering

Reactions: 3
I don’t think she would cope well alone. Probably panicking her house won’t get finished now.

Reactions: 4
I see it as he finally gets the chance to go out between her nights out and weekends away and he has a blowout because it’s all too much for him. I know addiction is defined differently but I don’t get the impression he is doing it regularly, it’s a relapse and then Lil is all woe is me. What does she expect? 🤷‍♀️

She’s also recently mentioned her Dad having prostate cancer so could it be that?

She did say though that she’s sick of nothing changing so got to be that he’s relapsed
He’s probably sick of nothing changing with her and I wouldn’t be surprised if the kids and dog think it too. I’ve never known someone be so in their own way.

Reactions: 8
I agree... things have probably gone up the swanee with K again. The levels of toxicity are not healthy for those kids. I'm sure I've said on here before, it's quite clear she has very serious mental health issues and no amount of cosmetics tweaks, hair extensions 'to make her feel better' etc etc etc is going to fix it. I suspect the youngest one was a bit of a band aid baby... and she goes to school in September so Lil will be as free as a bird all day every day during the week (unlike many other women who have no choice but to actually work!) But there will be excuse after excuse after excuse... and I doubt she will never take any responsibility because her self-awareness is completely lacking, and she will continue to blame K - when she is also part of the problem. I despair.

What is wrong with her though? Why is she so miserable? Nothing bad has happened. She lives a charmed life of treatments, gym, weekends away with girls, cooking which she loves and no stress. What is actually wrong with her? What imaginary problems is she offloading in therapy? ‘Ohh this week has been a LOT’…[proceeds to talk about normal family life]

Reactions: 6
What is wrong with her though? Why is she so miserable? Nothing bad has happened. She lives a charmed life of treatments, gym, weekends away with girls, cooking which she loves and no stress. What is actually wrong with her? What imaginary problems is she offloading in therapy? ‘Ohh this week has been a LOT’…[proceeds to talk about normal family life]
it’s called depression. Unfortunately it doesn’t discriminate and comments like this are the reason why a lot of people feel misunderstood. My uncle had the “perfect” life- wife, kids, holidays, my cousin was getting married in a few months etc…… he still killed himself. As that’s what depression is.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
it’s called depression. Unfortunately it doesn’t discriminate and comments like this are the reason why a lot of people feel misunderstood. My uncle had the “perfect” life- wife, kids, holidays, my cousin was getting married in a few months etc…… he still killed himself. As that’s what depression is.
I agree with this and I’ve mentioned it on this thread before that depression can hit anybody, even if they have this perfect life on paper. But I do also agree with the therapy comment…like, forgive me if I’m being ignorant, but would somebody suffering from depression necessarily go to therapy? I thought it was to speak about trauma or whatever. What would she speak about?

I agree with this and I’ve mentioned it on this thread before that depression can hit anybody, even if they have this perfect life on paper. But I do also agree with the therapy comment…like, forgive me if I’m being ignorant, but would somebody suffering from depression necessarily go to therapy? I thought it was to speak about trauma or whatever. What would she speak about?
I think you can make therapy to what you need it to be. Sometimes having hard conversations or even hard thoughts can be helped by opening seeing someone who can give advise. A counsellor is there to listen and generally doesn’t give tips or techniques whereas a therapist can do just this.
I know of someone who had the best life (to me) great parents, big house, the best schooling, driving lessons and cars, holidays. Just what I would have wanted but cut herself so deep and ended up in an institute. No one could understand why which is why her life really did hang in the balance.
Maybe Lil finds it hard to talk to K about things in general, as her depression could be making her thoughts worse and she could ultimately be causing herself more damage. He may find it fine and she feels egg shells and a sense of responsibility to him and his feelings. You never want to trigger someone or make waves and it can shut people up. I think her sense of having work done to herself is a small token of a bandage to help herself feel better. Feel something.

I thought it wouldn’t be long before she posted about Jacqueline Wilson bringing out a new book. Anyone that grew up when we did read them, the nostalgia. However lil has always come on stories slating them, that she’d never let her children read them, that they made her mental health worse as a child. But she’s looking forward to this one, as an adult 😑 sums lil perfectly. She’s got one foot in the past always, and one so far ahead in her future she’s finding life unbearable.

I thought it wouldn’t be long before she posted about Jacqueline Wilson bringing out a new book. Anyone that grew up when we did read them, the nostalgia. However lil has always come on stories slating them, that she’d never let her children read them, that they made her mental health worse as a child. But she’s looking forward to this one, as an adult 😑 sums lil perfectly. She’s got one foot in the past always, and one so far ahead in her future she’s finding life unbearable.
she's probably hoping for a free copy or an invite to the launch so she can post a photo of her and Jacqueline Wilson with an arse licking caption

• Haha
My daughter used to say she wanted to go into care like Tracey Beaker because it looked like more fun than living with us!! She is now grown up and of course she knows now that in reality that is not true!! They are stories Lil. It’s your job as their parent to instill resilience and confidence in your daughters. Shouting at them all the time letting them see you spending days crying is not doing that. Adult life is hard. You can’t lurch from one crisis to the next. Believe me it messes other people up.

• Haha
My daughter used to say she wanted to go into care like Tracey Beaker because it looked like more fun than living with us!! She is now grown up and of course she knows now that in reality that is not true!! They are stories Lil. It’s your job as their parent to instill resilience and confidence in your daughters. Shouting at them all the time letting them see you spending days crying is not doing that. Adult life is hard. You can’t lurch from one crisis to the next. Believe me it messes other people up.
oh I thought it was only my 9 year old that wants to go into care after reading & watching the fun Tracey Beaker has 🙈 I explain to her that children in care aren’t always happy & have often had sad experiences to lead them there. Tracey makes up stories about her mum being famous & amazing because she wants a family just like you. I actually find her books to be a good talking points & away to open discussions about all kinds of things. I also explain they were written when I was young & not everything is as we see it now.
But yeah it’s all doom & gloom for our Lil

Reactions: 2