lilandlife #4 Free holidays, free kids shoes, what DOES moaning lil actually pay for?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t understand the fawning over K as the victim to Lil apparently because she openly whinges and all we see is snippets of him working or sleeping.

He’s a big lad, owns his own business and if life with Lil is hell then he can get out. I don’t believe because she’s the way she is that means K is a victim and needs saving. He could be miserable, mean, spending all their money, always at the football, just be an absolute dick. We don’t know. But all I ever see on here is “poor K” 👀

Reactions: 6
I know they say you only see a few minutes of a instascammers life but all we see is K working really hard and Lil going on jollies and moaning. I imagine he stays with her because he loves her and the life they’ve created. Like how all relationships work. The problem for me is that all she does is moan and never acknowledges how lucky she is or shows gratitude. SHE is in charge of what she shows and her balance is so strange.

Reactions: 8
I know they say you only see a few minutes of a instascammers life but all we see is K working really hard and Lil going on jollies and moaning. I imagine he stays with her because he loves her and the life they’ve created. Like how all relationships work. The problem for me is that all she does is moan and never acknowledges how lucky she is or shows gratitude. SHE is in charge of what she shows and her balance is so strange.
I agree with this completely.

One of my biggest frustrations with Lil is how things happen in her life that she basically is the cause of and it puts her into this moaning, depressive state - like the girls… she doesn’t bring in any sort of discipline or consequences for poor behaviour, doesn’t give the girls any sort of routine or structure then has a bleeping hissy fit and falls out with them when they can’t get to school on time or behave in a certain way.

K is out working like a dog and the kids are her responsibility and she just can’t even get the basics right then goes on like she’s hard done by, it’s infuriating. I’d be mortified if my husband was out working a physically demanding job and all I did was swan about walking the dog, going to the gym and going for facials and somehow still can’t get the kids to school on time and the house is a mess. She’s just one of those people in life who is always a victim.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
a physically demanding job
This bit has just made me think of times she's done a cook along or whatever and made jokes about his portion size, esp back in the day when she was doing more SW recipies.
He's v tall. Even if he did duck all, he needs a good amount of calories for his body size. But if he's out doing a physical job all day, course he's gonna moan if he's just been allocated a few cubes of feta for his tea.

This bit has just made me think of times she's done a cook along or whatever and made jokes about his portion size, esp back in the day when she was doing more SW recipies.
He's v tall. Even if he did duck all, he needs a good amount of calories for his body size. But if he's out doing a physical job all day, course he's gonna moan if he's just been allocated a few cubes of feta for his tea.
I was just thinking that about the sweet potato thing she just made. All the portions are the same!! Surely he needs a bigger portion than her? And luckily she had leftovers to make herself a big lunch today!!

Reactions: 3
I’m struggling with the reasoning that because one half of a couple has a physically demanding job, somehow means the other can’t ever be unhappy with their lot.

I’m not defending Lil - she’s like ee ore - I’m trying to grasp why a grown man who has enough about him to run his own business and get himself clean and sober is seen as a weak victim.

Let’s be honest, if it’s that bad for “Poor K” then he needs to grow some balls and duck off then, doesn’t he? Same goes for his kids. If things are that bad, what’s he doing about It? Cos Lil isn’t changing 👀

Each to their own. I just don’t see him as a victim. I think he’s as bad as her.

Reactions: 10
I’m struggling with the reasoning that because one half of a couple has a physically demanding job,
<b>somehow means the other can’t ever be unhappy with their lot.

I’m not defending Lil - she’s like ee ore - I’m trying to grasp why a grown man who has enough about him to run his own business and get himself clean and sober is seen as a weak victim.

Let’s be honest, if it’s that bad for “Poor K” then he needs to grow some balls and duck off then, doesn’t he? Same goes for his kids. If things are that bad, what’s he doing about It? Cos Lil isn’t changing 👀

Each to their own. I just don’t see him as a victim. I think he’s as bad as her.
I mean there’s a difference between being occasionally pissed off with your partner like a regular person and then being the human personification of Eeyore 24/7. The only time she ever stops moaning is when she’s fucked off with her mates and is away from her kids.

I don’t see him as a victim but I do see her as someone who creates her own problems by lack of structure and consistency with the kids then endlessly moans about them and not just basic moaning - she’s in a full blown depressive state about it.

Reactions: 12
I mean there’s a difference between being occasionally pissed off with your partner like a regular person and then being the human personification of Eeyore 24/7. The only time she ever stops moaning is when she’s fucked off with her mates and is away from her kids.

I don’t see him as a victim but I do see her as someone who creates her own problems by lack of structure and consistency with the kids then endlessly moans about them and not just basic moaning - she’s in a full blown depressive state about it.
Yeah, I agree with what you (and most) say about Lil. I just don’t think Poor K like loads on here do.

Reactions: 4
Her carpet may be "wool blend so £££" but it looks tit
Screenshot_20230703_122035_Instagram.jpg

Is this piece fitted? Why is it rippled?
They'll have it clicked and ruined in a few months 👀

Reactions: 2
Are they printing money? I also noticed that they have employed an outside company to do their skirting boards. It’s not like she’s done any work except a couple of Tesco ads. Which I assume are part of her contract with Tesco. I just don’t get where they get the money from.

Reactions: 1
Are they printing money? I also noticed that they have employed an outside company to do their skirting boards. It’s not like she’s done any work except a couple of Tesco ads. Which I assume are part of her contract with Tesco. I just don’t get where they get the money from.
I think the skirtings are an ad so prob a freebie

Reactions: 5
You’d be surprised how much these ads pay, and K having a proper job alongside that. And loads of the stuff they get done is gifted anyway so don’t have to pay for anything.

It’s shocking really.

You’d be surprised how much these ads pay, and K having a proper job alongside that. And loads of the stuff they get done is gifted anyway so don’t have to pay for anything.

It’s shocking really.
I agree with a lot of the stuff is probably gifted😡😡
But, K having a proper job alongside all that he’s doing on their house, I’m baffled as to when he does his proper job - ie. actually earning money to pay for everything ⁉⁉

I agree with a lot of the stuff is probably gifted😡😡
But, K having a proper job alongside all that he’s doing on their house, I’m baffled as to when he does his proper job - ie. actually earning money to pay for everything ⁉⁉
I would say K has a team of guys he employs that are out on other jobs earning money and keeping the business ticking along, and he probably goes on site to do bits and pieces/ check in on jobs but is able to do his own house because he has his guys out earning the bread and butter. He then pulls them onto his reno as and when he needs them. They are very fortunate!

What happened to her always shopping at Tesco because of their brilliant offers etc etc?! 😆 Aldi shop today, I see! And Christ she buys some processed stuff doesn’t she! Nearly all of that was upf 😳 Which I find really surprising for someone that’s been a ‘chef’ and whose whole Insta was built around cooking and food….

What happened to her always shopping at Tesco because of their brilliant offers etc etc?! 😆 Aldi shop today, I see! And Christ she buys some processed stuff doesn’t she! Nearly all of that was upf 😳 Which I find really surprising for someone that’s been a ‘chef’ and whose whole Insta was built around cooking and food….
Honestly can’t believe the amount of processed shite and treat foods there. Granted I don’t have an older kid, just a baby, but I never had tubs of chocolate bars along with all those other snacks in the house growing up. I guess families have different eating habits but to me that’s an excessive amount just to have in the cupboards from a weekly shop.

Reactions: 3
Honestly can’t believe the amount of processed shite and treat foods there. Granted I don’t have an older kid, just a baby, but I never had tubs of chocolate bars along with all those other snacks in the house growing up. I guess families have different eating habits but to me that’s an excessive amount just to have in the cupboards from a weekly shop.
My kids are only slightly older than Lils eldest but I don’t buy that stuff either. What’s also surprising is Lil has made no secret about her struggles with food and bingeing, yet she buys all that junk for her kids. Her children all appear to be healthy and none of them are overweight but that doesn’t mean they are healthy on the inside, does it? I read something really depressing the other day, which was that in the UK ultra processed foods make up around 65% of a child’s diet. I thought ‘no way, that can’t be true’ but just seeing this snap shot of Lils life had me thinking perhaps there is truth to it.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.