lilandlife #2 daytime baths, all she does is moan, big k needs a gifted stay away alone.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My kids didn’t nap at 4. I wished they would though 🤣
My eldest dropped his round 2.5 because bedtime was otherwise a late and long drawn out process come that time. My youngest is 3 and has NEVER day time napped.

Reactions: 1
Personally I wouldn’t let my 4 year old nap. She’s (should be) starting school in sept and she needs to break that routine otherwise she’ll be falling asleep in class.

Personally I wouldn’t let my 4 year old nap. She’s (should be) starting school in sept and she needs to break that routine otherwise she’ll be falling asleep in class.
Some of the kids in my 5yr olds class fell asleep when they started reception 😂 bless them. Not ideal but the teachers expected some to be shattered

I wouldn’t let a baby over 1 nap past 3pm. I get the idea that bedtime isn’t very routine in their house though.

Reactions: 4
She probably encourages the nap cause it’s another excuse for Lil to do bugger all

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Is it normal for a nearly 4 year old to nap as much as Isla does? I don’t have kids so I don’t know.
Not at all normal- my 2 year old is only just haning onto 1 nap a day, but when she's at childcare she's luck to sleep 30 mins, and she just keeps playing. Most other kids I know are giving up naps by 3. Also, recently my paediatrician said to expect her to drop a nap by 3 at the latest.

So by 4, for such an active little girl as Isla and with a busy family life and loud house, I just cant see it. Unless Lil is holding a lot of details about her back, like she doesn't sleep much at night, or has some kind of other issues that would make her sleepy during the day (diet issues, health concerns etc). I wouldn't trust anything Lil says at face value without more info.

I should ad- by 2pm i'm waking my kid up even if sh'es napping, no matter the pain to me. Past 2 and there's no way she'll go down smoothyl at night, and she still wakes up in the night and needs a back rub to go back to sleep, she's a terrible sleeper but without a routine it would be a tit show at my house.

Yeah, I dont know - sometimes kids are just tired innit. Same way there are times id love a little snooze myself. My 5yr old has fallen asleep on the sofa the odd time, same as my nearly 4yr old. Beyond 3pm is definitely danger-nap territory though!

I wouldn’t be surprised if there is an imprint of her arse on that sofa and bed of hers. Granted I know she is heavily pregnant but please for the love of god can we see some different content?!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Not at all normal- my 2 year old is only just haning onto 1 nap a day, but when she's at childcare she's luck to sleep 30 mins, and she just keeps playing. Most other kids I know are giving up naps by 3. Also, recently my paediatrician said to expect her to drop a nap by 3 at the latest.

So by 4, for such an active little girl as Isla and with a busy family life and loud house, I just cant see it. Unless Lil is holding a lot of details about her back, like she doesn't sleep much at night, or has some kind of other issues that would make her sleepy during the day (diet issues, health concerns etc). I wouldn't trust anything Lil says at face value without more info.

I should ad- by 2pm i'm waking my kid up even if sh'es napping, no matter the pain to me. Past 2 and there's no way she'll go down smoothyl at night, and she still wakes up in the night and needs a back rub to go back to sleep, she's a terrible sleeper but without a routine it would be a tit show at my house.
Bit dramatic. ‘Not at all normal...’ Maybe not for some children but is totally normal for others. My child sleeps a LOT. 6pm-10am occasionally, he has strict bedtimes, normally always sleeps through and of a weekend, that can be his ‘normal’. Just because your child isn’t doing it, doesn’t mean the child is crazed.

Reactions: 13
Bit dramatic. ‘Not at all normal...’ Maybe not for some children but is totally normal for others. My child sleeps a LOT. 6pm-10am occasionally, he has strict bedtimes, normally always sleeps through and of a weekend, that can be his ‘normal’. Just because your child isn’t doing it, doesn’t mean the child is crazed.
👏🏻👏👏🏻

I meant the napping isn’t normal, loOk at the original post. If you’re saying your kids sleeps through the night and for long stretches good for you, but that’s not what I’m talking about, I’m talking about napping.

I never said she was crazed, at all, and I didn’t imply it. A lot of people on here have used hard words to describe that little girl, but I haven’t.

In fact I said there might be reasons for her sleeping in the day and frequently having naps that Lil hasn’t explained or shown, we just don’t know. But the napping to me is a sign something else is going on, and I wouldn’t expect most four year olds to nap in the late afternoon.

Reactions: 3
I wouldnt read into her napping. If a kids tired, theyre tired. "Normal" is a funny way we look at kids and their behaviours. I think we forget they are their own little person and its not one size fits all.

My boy is Islas age and he would have an afternoon nap and still go to bed at night. Hes an early riser and sometimes he just needs abit of a snooze. Though I wouldnt let him sleep beyond 3pm, personally.

Reactions: 3
I meant the napping isn’t normal, loOk at the original post. If you’re saying your kids sleeps through the night and for long stretches good for you, but that’s not what I’m talking about, I’m talking about napping.

I never said she was crazed, at all, and I didn’t imply it. A lot of people on here have used hard words to describe that little girl, but I haven’t.

In fact I said there might be reasons for her sleeping in the day and frequently having naps that Lil hasn’t explained or shown, we just don’t know. But the napping to me is a sign something else is going on, and I wouldn’t expect most four year olds to nap in the late afternoon.
as you said Isla is an active kid, so such an active kid would get tired, no?

If shes waking in the night to go into their bed, makes even more sense that she'd have sleepy days. My son does the same (though he is getting better 🤞)

I did read it and that’s why I said it was wrong of you to say her napping is ‘not at all normal...’ 🙄🙃 it’s not, NOT normal. It’s different to other children perhaps (but then again NOT A SINGLE CHILD, is the same as another) but duck me, let’s not begin analysing the poor child.

Reactions: 5
Ironic that she posted that she wouldn’t be posting if she was in labour... why not hun you post everything else? Why is labour sacred? 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Ironic that she posted that she wouldn’t be posting if she was in labour... why not hun you post everything else? Why is labour sacred? 😂
probably so she Can do a big surprise reveal when the baby is born with lots of tagged gifted items #ad

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.