Life With Oaks & Olive #2 Everything I am, I am just for the ‘gram

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It still baffles me that someone with 32k followers only has 16 comments and 748 likes. 2% engagement and she’s quit her job?! 🙄

Reactions: 5
Basset Hound looks like he wants to slit his wrists on the latest photo 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I also love Cornwall and we go most years but my god she’s acts like it’s some tropical paradise that no one else has discovered yet! Eden Project, they went last year and probably the year before, why not try somewhere new? She’s been 3 years running (it’s tradition now you know 🤣) and all they do is go to the same places and do the same things! I’ve been with my fiancé 6 years this year and we’ve been to Cornwall together 6 times and we hardly ever go to the same places and do the same things! We’re going again next month and I’ve already started planning to go to all new places while we are there’s so much more to Cornwall than St Ives, the Eden project and Mousehole 🙄 and all she likes St Ives and Mousehole for is the photo ops for the gram! St Ives is lovely but aside from the beach and shops there’s nothing else there?

Reactions: 10
I also love Cornwall and we go most years but my god she’s acts like it’s some tropical paradise that no one else has discovered yet! Eden Project, they went last year and probably the year before, why not try somewhere new? She’s been 3 years running (it’s tradition now you know 🤣) and all they do is go to the same places and do the same things! I’ve been with my fiancé 6 years this year and we’ve been to Cornwall together 6 times and we hardly ever go to the same places and do the same things! We’re going again next month and I’ve already started planning to go to all new places while we are there’s so much more to Cornwall than St Ives, the Eden project and Mousehole 🙄 and all she likes St Ives and Mousehole for is the photo ops for the gram! St Ives is lovely but aside from the beach and shops there’s nothing else there?
It’s because she’s so basic. She’ll probably head to Lands-End too! 😂

Also is it just me that doesn’t believe all this bullshit about the kids being so excited for Cornwall?? I could have believe Oakley being excited but I don’t believe he burst into them first thing on a morning and started telling them how many sleeps til they go, the poor boy can barely string a sentence together at the best of times! And does Olive girl (🤢) really have any concept of it at all?

Reactions: 11
If you’re in Cornwall or planning to go the next few days

Follow ainsley for the hourly weather report :-|

How can one person be so dull?!

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Bang on. She just goes to all the insta worthy photo opportunities!! What a waste! Shall we play Cornwall photo bingo? LOL

- Photo next to coloured beach huts
- Insta story with cringe music and filter to make everywhere look bright blue
- Ainsley stood next to (or holding) some flowers which have magically wobbled into her sides

• Haha
Reactions: 15
100% up for Cornwall Bingo 🙌🤣

Mousehole,
Surfboards on the beach,
Sandwiches on quaint platters
Full view of St Ives in the sunshine

• Haha
Reactions: 2
In the ad for photo books Oakley definitely sounds like he has a speech delay. Is she doing anything about this? He sounds like a two year old.

I started following her after my first baby - Oakley was the same age as my first and I felt like I could relate to her a little. I also found her quite inspiring in the sense that she was always out and about with her kids despite them being hard work. And if I’m honest she sometimes made me feel normal because she shared her struggles and her children didn’t behave like angels or live off organic kale and corn whilst avoiding screens. Over time though it just got too much! Less about parenting and all about this bloody market that most of us will never go to. I too wonder how she is managing to sustain her lifestyle - holidays here and there.. new clothes and always a project on the go... it seems to just be so focused on her market stuff now... obviously as that’s now her job... I bet this is her main way to promote ... but god.... so boring.

Another gripe I have, and this isn’t just exclusive to her as millions of people do it, is the way she has this public profile and broadcasts her kids to any tom dick and harry. There are some monsters out there and her childrens’ privacy is a little compromised - would it be that hard to find out where she lives!? Probably not. It’s not just the safety but the lack of privacy for the children. The other day I saw another insta Mum film her two year old in their cot when he was tucked up in bed, as she said ‘night night (name)’ and shut the door. Literally wtf? Why would you film yourself saying goonight to your son - so he sees a phone before your face. With a private account I still find it a bit off, but with a public account... really!? I watched the McCan doc on Netflix a while back and it really opened my eyes to the predators that lurk and use the web as a tool. God forbid anything would actually happen, but who the hell is comfortable with strangers watching their kids at home when they should have privacy. How would I feel if my parents broadcast me to the world running around in my pjs, eating my breakfast, or on holiday? Wrote about me pooping in the bath or having a tantrum or whatever? It’s just odd. Each to their own I guess but when the kids don’t actually have a choice it just seems irresponsible. I post pictures of my children but my account is private, and even most days I wonder whether I should even be doing so.

Having said all this, I have enjoyed following her. I think her kids are cute and I think that some of comments about them on here are wayyyy too much. They seem like happy children, and seem completely doted on. Judging what they wear, eat, how they speak, behave at softplay, whether they go to pre sch or the childminders, whether they can identify the alphabet or not... just doesn’t sit right with me. Too judgy even for me (and yes I know that’s the point of tattle but they are only 2 and 4...)

But I will agree that sassy pants and olive girl needs to stop.

And I had no idea she photoshopped herself to make her look smaller!

When I heard ‘sassy pants’ and ‘olive girl’ again that was it for me.

Reactions: 8
Gifted Bobbi Brown... that’ll be Hunters & Heels then...
I don’t get why brands use “influencers “ like ainsley when she has crap engagement. Come on hunters, there must be better people out there you can send free stuff too than her !!!!

I have it on good authority that the basset hound was spotted in Asda in Hayle yesterday. The twit was walking around with his sunglassses on even when he was getting served at the checkout. Maybe he was afraid of being spotted 😂

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.