LGB Discussion #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Allison Bailey’s appeal finished today, hopefully hear a (positive) outcome soon.

Segueing onto: WHERE is the charity commission at in its “looking into” Mermaids? Has it been a year now? Must be coming up to it if not yet.

Reactions: 2
Allison Bailey’s appeal finished today, hopefully hear a (positive) outcome soon.

Segueing onto: WHERE is the charity commission at in its “looking into” Mermaids? Has it been a year now? Must be coming up to it if not yet.
Still being investigated according to this post last month. Made me laugh to see Mermaids are requesting an apology from the Charity Commission after it accidentally shared a post critical of the organisation.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Still being investigated according to this post last month. Made me laugh to see Mermaids are requesting an apology from the Charity Commission after it accidentally shared a post critical of the organisation.
The unmitigated gall! But I’m shocked that this is an ongoing case from 2022!!!
I can only hope it’s taking this long because they’re building up a mountain of evidence. I wonder if they have a secret account they’re “liking” posts on as a way to reference to them in report, but accidentally liked one from their main?

Reactions: 1
The Green Party highlighting why they have zero chance of winning the next General Election. An utter batshit bunch of people. An ilk who look down on those who don't agree with them and would push people further into poverty with their "net zero NOW!" mentality.

The author of the article is right.

"I'm Gay and you don't speak for me."
---
---------

I'm boycotting my local pride this year. Not only has it become ridiculously WOKE, they also take the piss with drinks prices. Last year they had the cheek to charge £7.50 for a 440ml CAN of Strongbow Cider. F**k knows how much the G&T brigade were being ripped off charged for their tipple.

I am one who is not loaded and cannot afford to subsidise such greed - supposedly in the name of supporting LGBTQIABCDEFHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ+ causes (I wonder how little they get in reality after "costs" deducted).

About time some of these community even organisers woke up and understood that your event becomes elitist and exclusive, not inclusive, when you start pricing things too highly.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
I have had Trans people try and push themselves onto me online. I've told them 'not interested'.

I am well within my personal and legal rights to decide who I fancy and who I don't.

I've seen on some profiles of gay men online stating 'No Trans'.

How long until someone is taken to court for 'being discriminatory', or (the usual yawnfest) of being 'anti Trans', when all they are doing is stating personal sexual preference of who they are interested in.

Last edited:
I have had Trans people try and push themselves onto me online. I've told them 'not interested'.

I am well within my personal and legal rights to decide who I fancy and who I don't.

How long until someone is taken to court for 'being discriminatory', or (the usual yawnfest) of being 'anti Trans', when all they are doing is stating personal sexual preference of who they are interested in.
Not exactly the same, but I don’t know whether you’ve seen this case in Australia where a female CEO of a female only app is being taken to court by a man who says he’s a woman because she revoked his membership on the grounds that he is male? It’s the first time gender identity discrimination laws have been tested in the federal court over there. I could quite easily see similar happening here if, say, someone outwardly stated their preference for ‘no trans’ on their profile on a dating app.

Even though no one can be forced to consider dating someone they’re not attracted to, to actively say ‘no trans’, I’m sure could be construed by some as ‘discrimination’. There was also the case here in the UK last year when a woman organising a speed dating event for lesbians specified it was for biological women only and members of a trans activists' group reported her to her London council employers as transphobic for insisting on social media that only 'adult human females' should attend.

• Sick

I think I’ve linked it a couple of times but this thread (from 2018) from a gay mens forum is a real eye opener and interesting to read, especially knowing what was to come over the last four or five years..

Not exactly the same, but I don’t know whether you’ve seen this case in Australia where a female CEO of a female only app is being taken to court by a man who says he’s a woman because she revoked his membership on the grounds that he is male? It’s the first time gender identity discrimination laws have been tested in the federal court over there. I could quite easily see similar happening here if, say, someone outwardly stated their preference for ‘no trans’ on their profile on a dating app.

I’ve seen this. I hope to god that in the horrible event she doesn’t win, that she just shuts down the app in its entirety just to prove a bleeping point that that MAN will NOT access that app.

Reactions: 4
A TRA bragging that they got a gay man banned from Grindr. Even the app’s owners now define it thus
1716535093369.png

So completely changed from its original purpose. And I’m assuming people don’t have to declare their biological sex, so technically you could end up hooking up with a female or being hit on by a trans identifying male.

• Wow
  • Angry
I mean... would it be wrong of me to suggest trans people have their own app? Or would they not like that because they want 100% chance of getting with a 100% man on grindr? ...
I get the feeling they wouldn't be happy with that yet expect gay men to,
It's almost like trans people themselves don't want to partner up with other tran people, unless just friends 🤷‍♂️

• Heart
Reactions: 7
A TRA bragging that they got a gay man banned from Grindr. Even the app’s owners now define it thus
View attachment 2954089
So completely changed from its original purpose. And I’m assuming people don’t have to declare their biological sex, so technically you could end up hooking up with a female or being hit on by a trans identifying male.

What’s worse, or just as worse: there are happily self confessed straight men (who outwardly state NO GAYS on their profiles) taking advantage of teenage “queer” “boys” seeking “validation” by going along with the pretence they are having “gay sex”.
---
(I’m invoking @Peachsquish here) 😉

Just Seen (if you can get over the nails which look like his hands were dragging across the ocean floor and picked up every bit of spare kelp and shells lol)

Last edited:
What’s worse, or just as worse: there are happily self confessed straight men (who outwardly state NO GAYS on their profiles) taking advantage of teenage “queer” “boys” seeking “validation” by going along with the pretence they are having “gay sex”.
---

Just Seen (if you can get over the nails which look like his hands were dragging across the ocean floor and picked up every bit of spare kelp and shells lol)

I mean, off topic, but how does he go about ‘daily activities’ with those nails?🤣 Seems a sensible enough lad though!

• Haha
---

Nothing new and I’m glad he’s saying it but it’s irritating how he can comfortably share this opinion and recieve so many likes but when a woman dare not constantly spout that trans women are women she’s given tit for it.

I love when a gay - especially a feminine gay - man talks out about this. I feel like it makes the trans lot heads spin.

Nothing new and I’m glad he’s saying it but it’s irritating how he can comfortably share this opinion and recieve so many likes but when a woman dare not constantly spout that trans women are women she’s given tit for it.
Society is generally misogynistic and this video exemplifies it, even when it was filmed with a good intention. Despite even the content, a woman with those nails would have been brutalised, whereas a male is just mockingly made fun of in a “what’s he like!” way.

I can guarantee that me telling a transwoman he’s a man to his face and a woman telling the same transwoman to his face he’s a man would elicit very different reactions.

• Heart
Sad story about a young man who was subject to conversion therapy in Italy, where it seems to still be an acceptable practice among conservative, religious factions. Despite being prohibited by Italy’s order of psychologists, it is not illegal and is still practised by some religious orders and psychotherapists. ☹

• Sad
  • Heart