Learning to drive #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
First lesson booked with new instructor. Ditched the last one as he thought I should be able to drive by watching YouTube 🙈🙈

Reactions: 4
Good luck to everyone who's got tests booked. I've passed my test almost a year ago now, still hate driving 🤣 these threads were a god send for me.
Think positively!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
It’s possible 🤣🤣🤣
Dublin by any chance ?🤣🤣

I’m glad this thread popped back up today. I basically went back through and read it all a few weeks ago while in the midst of angst over my lessons haha.
I am 36 and I have had so many on off attempts at learning to drive it’s embarrassing. Ultimately stopped each time due to consuming anxiety and stress over it.
took another batch of lessons last year while pregnant and actually did my first test - failed but was amazed at the boost to my confidence ironically enough. Compared to lessons I found the test pretty relaxed and I didn’t drive badly just made a stupid error and went too fast in a housing estate (20mph limit).

Took a break while I had the baby and then bit the bullet and booked more lessons in March this year. Finally got the instructor I wish I’d had years ago who has taught me brilliantly and kept me so calm.

My test is tomorrow!!! I feel as ready as I possibly can be but starting to think oh no I hope I haven’t forgotten how to drive….I really hope it’s a pass as it will change my life and let me do so much more with the baby. But let’s see. Sorry this was long haha.
Best of luck 😘

I’m glad this thread popped back up today. I basically went back through and read it all a few weeks ago while in the midst of angst over my lessons haha.
I am 36 and I have had so many on off attempts at learning to drive it’s embarrassing. Ultimately stopped each time due to consuming anxiety and stress over it.
took another batch of lessons last year while pregnant and actually did my first test - failed but was amazed at the boost to my confidence ironically enough. Compared to lessons I found the test pretty relaxed and I didn’t drive badly just made a stupid error and went too fast in a housing estate (20mph limit).

Took a break while I had the baby and then bit the bullet and booked more lessons in March this year. Finally got the instructor I wish I’d had years ago who has taught me brilliantly and kept me so calm.

My test is tomorrow!!! I feel as ready as I possibly can be but starting to think oh no I hope I haven’t forgotten how to drive….I really hope it’s a pass as it will change my life and let me do so much more with the baby. But let’s see. Sorry this was long haha.
Good luck for tomorrow! 🚗

Wishing you all the pots of luck for tomorrow! I'm sure you'll do amazingly.

I am in a similar situation, didn't realise how much I need a car until I had my kids, I've thought about doing a course before but my mum put me off, I have no idea why to be honest, we don't see her enough for her to be affected by it!
My ex offered when I was pregnant with my second and sometimes I regret saying no to someone else footing the bill 😂 but there would've been many strings attached, so c'est la vie!

Reactions: 1

Best of luck to you! It took me a long time to get there so I feel you!
Just pretend it’s a driving lesson with a new instructor who will just give you feedback on your driving afterwards ❤ I passed myself a few months ago after struggling for years with it, not going to lie I still get quite nervous behind the wheel, I guess it just takes time but it’s such a great feeling afterwards.
I’ve my fingers crossed for you 🤞🏻🤩

Reactions: 3
Not really posted much on this thread but have been lurking. I failed my driving test last month. Have another booked in November 😢

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
Ugh it’s such a pain waiting to do it again isn’t it? I had quite a good experience with speedy tests and eventually found a cancellation much quicker (test was initially booked for September but got it changed to July).

I have had an awful sleep, combination of baby + awful heat 😬 so just want to get this out of the way now, I almost don’t care about it ha.

it’ll all be over and done with by 10, please send out good luck vibes and pray there’s no idiots on the road (other than myself!)

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Ugh it’s such a pain waiting to do it again isn’t it? I had quite a good experience with speedy tests and eventually found a cancellation much quicker (test was initially booked for September but got it changed to July).

I have had an awful sleep, combination of baby + awful heat 😬 so just want to get this out of the way now, I almost don’t care about it ha.

it’ll all be over and done with by 10, please send out good luck vibes and pray there’s no idiots on the road (other than myself!)
Best of luck! Don’t over think it, just drive like you normally would😊
Take it from the girl who didn’t even make it out of the car park on her second attempt!😂🙈

I PASSED!!!!!!

even a few months ago I thought I’d never do it.

i am so god damn proud of myself.

now off for a sit down and a massive bacon sandwich!!!!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I PASSED!!!!!!

even a few months ago I thought I’d never do it.

i am so god damn proud of myself.

now off for a sit down and a massive bacon sandwich!!!!!!
Oh my goodness!
Well done you! You deserve to be proud of yourself!

Reactions: 1