Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

noseybirdxo

VIP Member
I was watching the last thread but never commented. Today would’ve been my dad’s birthday and today I took my driving test and I BLOODY PASSED!!!!!!! 2 years of learning, my dad passing, a pandemic, 5 cancelled tests and 2 rescheduled tests and 2 (for really stupid reasons) failed tests later!!!!! 3rd time lucky! I am sooooooooo happy, my theory was due to run out a week today too 😂😄🥳✨ i honestly started sobbing when the examiner told me, think i gave him a fright but it was just pure relief and i think a good omen from my dad 🤍😭

• Heart
Reactions: 49

Gflo93

I actually can’t believe it, I passed my test today! Am still in shock 😱. So nervous to go out on my own for the first time!

It feels like a blur… When I drove to the test centre with my husband I had a big (stupid) pre test panic on a huge roundabout which ended up with me in tears… but I somehow pulled it together for the actual test! The lady actually thought I was a confident chilled driver… LOL.

• Heart
Reactions: 20

Elliesmum13

VIP Member
I passed my test! I failed my first 2 cancelled a test then took third test and passed. I still feel weird, like maybe she was tired and didn’t notice my faults or maybe she felt sorry for me and let me pass lol but that’s me and my lack of confidence in myself. Failed my first test for steering, second for undue hesitation. Sounds silly but failing the first 2 times gave me an a wee bit more knowledge of the actual test. I’m 42 and do wish I had done it years ago, but I’ve done it now 😝😝😝😝 bought a wee FIAT and have been out and about for couple days now.

• Heart
Reactions: 15

gossipgal21

VIP Member
I PASSED!!!!!!

even a few months ago I thought I’d never do it.

i am so god damn proud of myself.

now off for a sit down and a massive bacon sandwich!!!!!!

• Heart

JLXRD

VIP Member
I passed guys I can’t believe it 🥺

I had the nicest examiner which definitely helped, I’m just so relieved I’ve finally done it.

• Heart

leon19

I only went and passed first time with 3 minors this morning!!! Spend so long worrying about this test convinced I would fail. The build up to the test was worse than the actual test I actually kept it cool and collected. Can't wait to tell my daughter when she finishes school she was so excited for me! What a feeling! 🎉😆

• Heart

Strawberry13

Chatty Member
Hi guys - just wanted to update you all. Obviously I went to sit my test in March and had a breakdown and didn’t even leave the test centre. Wel I passed yesterday first time !!!!! A few minors but that was my nerves but I don’t care I PASSED 🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳xxx

• Heart

elloelloello

VIP Member
Hey everyone! I passed my driving test today heavily pregnant with only 2 minor faults and I can’t believe it! I had convinced myself I had failed at the beginning but it all went really well after that so I was really pissed off with myself - I sobbed like a baby when he told me I’d passed! It was my first ever driving test but I’m 28 and have done so many lessons over the years but never been a very good driver so I am so relieved it all went well today. Good luck to everyone else with tests coming up!! ❤❤❤

• Heart
Reactions: 14

hogwartsgraduate

Chatty Member
I PASSED today!!! 2nd time lucky I'm so chuffed it's amazing!

Never give up guys, you can do it! I'm 41, and thought I'd left it too late, nervous and anxious galore it really has been many years of trying on and off. Xx

• Heart
Reactions: 14

Grejaha

VIP Member
I DID IT!!!!
3rd time lucky this afternoon and didn’t stall once!! My examiner was so so nice I started considering asking her to teach me if I failed lmaoo

• Heart
Reactions: 13

KB2611

I passed today at 11:11 I picked the luckiest time after two previous fails!

• Heart
So I passed first time!! Felt a bit nervous made a few mistakes in the lesson before really messed up a reverse bay park
But had a lovely examiner she was quite chatty and really put me at ease asked me to do a reverse bay park and I did it no problem
Honestly the banana works along with 2 kalms and just relax and take your time
Still can't believe I did it

• Heart

loobyscoobydoo

Thank you all. I think cause I've waited so long I'm just panicking "the big day" is here ha. Here's hoping once first day is down I'll just crack on with lessons.
Agree with others, just start fresh in your instructors car, I went in my boyfriends car the night before my first lesson when I picked up driving again and it just made me feel so much more nervous as I couldn't coordinate myself to move off properly! My first lesson was fine and the instructor will ask you about any driving experience you have, they teach all sorts of people with all levels of experience, so nothing to worry about!

Also I have a positive update! I had my test this morning and I passed - 4 minors 😁 I'm so happy!!My feedback was about my pulling up on the left hand side (they were all so bad I was convinced I was gonna fail on that lol) and then I was a bit silly with gears a couple of times. I still can't believe I've passed but just so happy to have that weight off my shoulders.

Now to navigate getting insured on my boyfriends car 🤪

• Heart

Dancing Dave

VIP Member
I passed! Had the loveliest examiner! Asked if I could buy him a bottle of whiskey afterwards 😂

The absolute relief! The banana beforehand definitely worked!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I posted here a couple of months ago about being anxious getting out and about in my car. 🚗 I’ve done some driving with my partner and a friend in the passenger seat and today I did my first solo drive. 🥹🥲 It is a massive deal to me as learning to drive was something I never thought I would do. 👏🏻

• Heart
Reactions: 11

Abbiexoxoxoxox

Thank you so much for your support!
Can’t believe I’m saying this, but I passed!!!
Had an awful lesson before where I messed up the manoeuvres and thought I had no chance.
I got very lucky that my manoeuvre this time was pull up on the right and reverse.
There were so many times I thought I’d messed up, so couldn’t believe it when she said I’d passed 😲
This just goes to show if I can do it - everyone can! Keep going, don’t give up xx

• Heart
Reactions: 10

wmg1995

Passed my test last month after 60+ hours, 3 instructors, and 2 years of trying to learn (thank you COVID). Start on manual for 45 hours and I just couldn't get on with it, was scheduled to take a test in June 2021 but canceled it last minute due to not feeling ready. Started automatic in October, did 15 hours, and was more than test ready - took the test and did an hour lesson before the test and passed with 3 minors (two for indicating accidentally)! Was convinced I had failed in the first five minutes which took so much pressure off, was very relieved to have found out when I got back that I had passed! Now currently shopping for a car (secondhand prices are up massively atm which is frustrating). Good luck everyone!

• Heart
Reactions: 10