LBC Chit Chat #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was recommended this forum in a PM from a Digital Spy member. I have been a member of DS for years and years and are mainly active in the LBC and Steve Allen thread. I tend to lurk more than post as I don't fit in with the clique. The LBC thread is so one sided and lost far too many good posters. I got a warning last year for making a nice post about the way some of the regulars treat other members and that their posts border on bullying. I am so tempted at times (especially after a couple of glasses of wine) to state my opinion but more often I keep out of the debate and leave the little LBC clique to it. Some of their posts are absolutely awful and I really cannot understand how they get away with it and have come to the conclusion they or at least one of them must be a moderator.

Looking forward to a good read of these forums :)
If you want serious discussion on LBC, Talk TV, GB News, or anything else perceived as 'right leaning' - then Tattle is far better for more balanced discussion.

The DS forums are a lost cause. The same old faces who have nothing better to do with their time (like find a job), posting their repetitive BS. DS is also not helped by bias Mods who don't understand balanced discussion.

Reactions: 7
I wonder if Vanessa Feltz sudden departure from the BBC means she 's had an offer she can't refuse from LBC. It's surprising she hasn't had her own show before. I'd listen.

Reactions: 1
I wonder if Vanessa Feltz sudden departure from the BBC means she 's had an offer she can't refuse from LBC. It's surprising she hasn't had her own show before. I'd listen.
So would I. I like VF.

Eddie's spot is available.
I can't see Vanessa going to LBC - far too heavy news and political these days. Not that she couldn't cover and debate such topics, but IMO, she's happier not having to daily discuss the likes. Her perfect time on BBC London was her 10am - 12pm (1pm?) slot - after breakfast and the News of Day - she concentrated on more everyday subjects that her listeners were concerned about. She couldn't do this as much when moved to Breakfast.

Vanessa is a naturally warm person who loves to engage with her listeners on a personal level which I can't see happening on any LBC slot. That said, the rumours flying around is she could be going to TalkTV, so this could contradict my comments.

Reactions: 2
I think Vanessa would go to talk TV, she's already a regular on there and would go there along with deals for other Murdoch companies.

I remember nick F going on for a bit about his health kick because he wanted to see his boys grow up and he seemed to be doing quite well. Watching the hustings now and I think the health kick might have ended.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I haven't watched any of Talk TV so i never realised Vanessa was a regular there. I suppose that's where she's off to.

It's a shame though. I think she'd be good in Andrew Castle's slot at the weekend.

I think Vanessa would go to talk TV, she's already a regular on there and would go there along with deals for other Murdoch companies.

I remember nick F going on for a bit about his health kick because he wanted to see his boys grow up and he seemed to be doing quite well. Watching the hustings now and I think the health kick might have ended.
Ferrari looks like a stuffed red pepper.

• Haha
I haven't watched any of Talk TV so i never realised Vanessa was a regular there. I suppose that's where she's off to.

It's a shame though. I think she'd be good in Andrew Castle's slot at the weekend.
The consensus on Twitter etc. seems to think it's going to be Talk radio/tv. Pity; LBC could do with a bit of lightening up.

The consensus on Twitter etc. seems to think it's going to be Talk radio/tv. Pity; LBC could do with a bit of lightening up.
I've been saying this for years but have always been poo-poohed when LBC became a non-fun station. Yes, I fully understand the remit changed but surely at least a few weekend programmes can focus on subjects other than the daily depressing news. The same can be said about overnights, Darren Adam still boring on about what has already been mentioned during the day. At least Clive Bull tries to debate a few different topics, but there's still the obvious party line that (FUN/AMUSING) can't be crossed.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I've been saying this for years but have always been poo-poohed when LBC became a non-fun station. Yes, I fully understand the remit changed but surely at least a few weekend programmes can focus on subjects other than the daily depressing news. The same can be said about overnights, Darren Adam still boring on about what has already been mentioned during the day. At least Clive Bull tries to debate a few different topics, but there's still the obvious party line that (FUN/AMUSING) can't be crossed.
Ian Payne tries in the 4-7am weekend slot but I only hear the last hour.

Ian Payne tries in the 4-7am weekend slot but I only hear the last hour.
Ian Payne and Steve Allen. Both on the graveyard shift, also Nick Abbot on weekend overnights. Does LBC management think only night owls or early birds are allowed to listen to something other than boring political news?

Reactions: 3
The same can be said about overnights, Darren Adam still boring on about what has already been mentioned during the day.
If you are listening during the day, it is unlikely that you would be listening in the early hours to hear Darren Adam. So, Darren reaches a different audience who have not heard that there is a Leadership race going on !

Hint to Mr Sunik and Ms Truss; try some campaigning at 3am and you will reach different voters, some of them maybe eligible to vote for one of you !!

If you are listening during the day, it is unlikely that you would be listening in the early hours to hear Darren Adam. So, Darren reaches a different audience who have not heard that there is a Leadership race going on !

Hint to Mr Sunik and Ms Truss; try some campaigning at 3am and you will reach different voters, some of them maybe eligible to vote for one of you !!
Have you not heard of the DS LBC thread posse? 24/7 - 365 monitoring 😉 ...

• Haha
Reactions: 5

I also think Vanessa is off to Talk TV.

LBC would be best placed getting rid of James O'Brien - the guy is an utter tool.

• Haha
LBC would be best placed getting rid of James O'Brien - the guy is an utter tool.
Nah! I can't see LBC getting rid of J O'B unless it is his choice for wanting to leave. I remember when he first joined LBC and was a breath of fresh air after following Nick Ferrari's programme - they balanced each other out. That was years ago and I don't know what happened in the interim as I can no longer listen to him. It's as though all his personal angst from long ago is now finally coming to the fore and has made him quite an unpleasant person.

However, if he was ever replaced, can we imagine the wailing of his beloved 'followers' - how would they cope? Snowdrop would have to post at least more than 4 emojis without any text :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Steve had quite a morbid 15 minutes or so, reading out a list of deaths from previous years, John Noakes abseiled down Nelson's Column without a harness & was in tears on tv after Shep died, Keith Chegwin's naked gameshow, Janice Long, Elizabeth Taylor.

The Steve Allen Guide to Cremation - "I wouldn't mind a firework or two"
😁

• Haha
Wow that was a rather embarrassing interview Nick Abbott just had with the Economist re the media reports about energy prices set to rocket in January. Nick being his usual obstinate self and the Economist also very peed off at Nick due to his so called lack of knowledge. 😱
I didn't hear it but these "serious" interviews nick Abbott does are often so awful. Unless the expert backs up nicks POV then he gets obtuse.

Then has the total lack of self awareness to go right back into his thing of complaining that people don't want to listen to experts, they only want to exist in an echo chamber.🤦‍♀️

Nick A reads one opinion piece that he agrees with and then spouts it as some universal truth that only an idiot would disagree with. 🤪

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.