LBC Chit Chat #14

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Quite a bizarre speech, and there wasn't even an umbrella to combat the rain.
Maybe it's a sign ... Rishi, on his own, in the rain 🤔 That's going to be his Ed Miliband bacon butty moment.

At least this will keep Jobby at al occupied for the next 6 weeks.

Reactions: 1
The Drowned Rat deserting the Sinking Ship..ready to live his American Dream.
---
Maybe it's a sign ... Rishi, on his own, in the rain 🤔 That's going to be his Ed Miliband bacon butty moment.

At least this will keep Jobby at al occupied for the next 6 weeks.
And Jobby's off on his hols next week!

• Haha
The Drowned Rat deserting the Sinking Ship..ready to live his American Dream.
---

And Jobby's off on his hols next week!
I wonder if he'll postpone it. He'll explode with frustration that he's missing a whole week of campaigning for Labour. 🤬
---
Quite a bizarre speech, and there wasn't even an umbrella to combat the rain.
That was Steve Bray making all that noise. The police have banned him from Westminster.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 2
I wonder if he'll postpone it. He'll explode with frustration that he's missing a whole week of campaigning for Labour. 🤬
---

That was Steve Bray making all that noise. The police have banned him from Westminster.

They should have stopped him immediately he started playing it during Sunak's speech. Ridiculous that clown is allowed to drown out the Prime Minister of the country speaking to the nation.

Anyway his grift is coming to an end, as is that of Purkiss, Vorderman and all the other obsessed cranks and weirdos

I can't remember what happened in previous elections but did LBC have to be balanced throughout the campaign ? Is that balance per show or over the overall output ?

• Haha
Reactions: 3
They should have stopped him immediately he started playing it during Sunak's speech. Ridiculous that clown is allowed to drown out the Prime Minister of the country speaking to the nation.

Anyway his grift is coming to an end, as is that of Purkiss, Vorderman and all the other obsessed cranks and weirdos

I can't remember what happened in previous elections but did LBC have to be balanced throughout the campaign ? Is that balance per show or over the overall output ?
It is going to be awkward to say the least for Vorders and Purkiss whose shows are essentially "Vote Labour"

As for Jimbo he has got his timing all wrong again. He will be furious!
---

• Haha
I think I'm going to be very selective from now on from what I listen to, I'm already sick to the back teeth of all the commentary so far an we're only 12hrs in. Iain Dale was quite good last night from the bit I heard. Quite why he had Mad Nad on though was a mystery, she reminds me a bit of Marjorie Taylor Green from the Republican Party in the US, she shouldn't be allowed near a broadcast studio, let alone politics.

• Haha
I think I'm going to be very selective from now on from what I listen to, I'm already sick to the back teeth of all the commentary so far an we're only 12hrs in. Iain Dale was quite good last night from the bit I heard. Quite why he had Mad Nad on though was a mystery, she reminds me a bit of Marjorie Taylor Green from the Republican Party in the US, she shouldn't be allowed near a broadcast studio, let alone politics.
Can Marjorie Taylor Green pump out novels about downtrodden waifs, jezebels & unrequited love though?
😬

Theo Usherwood who was political editor with LBC for a while has been appearing on Talk Radio quite a lot these last couple of weeks.

Reactions: 2
Theo Usherwood who was political editor with LBC for a while has been appearing on Talk Radio quite a lot these last couple of weeks.
I remember Theo going to the Conservative Summer Ball a few years ago ... I wonder if he's on Jobby's Xmas card list? 😬

I remember Theo going to the Conservative Summer Ball a few years ago ... I wonder if he's on Jobby's Xmas card list? 😬
Probably when he worked at the Downing Street press office. I don't think you have to support the current government to work for them.

Probably when he worked at the Downing Street press office. I don't think you have to support the current government to work for them.
Ah, I got it slightly wrong ... I found this old post of mine from August 1st 2023:

Theo was spotted at Rupert Murdoch's summer party last year at the Serpentine Gallery, so he is clearly chummy with high-ranking Tories and News Corp. execs.

Rishi is on with Nick tomorrow who is starting at 6am.

Excellent news for Nick Ferrari who gets all the big interviews for LBC.

Jimbo will have his face pressed miserably on the window in the studio. Perhaps he could do something useful like make the tea.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Excellent news for Nick Ferrari who gets all the big interviews for LBC.

Jimbo will have his face pressed miserably on the window in the studio. Perhaps he could do something useful like make the tea.
Jobbie's problem is that he can't separate the politician from the person. He can't disguise his contempt for the ones he dislikes by slipping in 'gotcha' references to their life rather than their brief as a minister. No doubt an interview with Sunak would include Mrs Sunak's wealth and tax status.
---
Jobbie's problem is that he can't separate the politician from the person. He can't disguise his contempt for the ones he dislikes by slipping in 'gotcha' references to their life rather than their brief as a minister. No doubt an interview with Sunak would include Mrs Sunak's wealth and tax status.
'ere we go - reference to Sunak's butler; because of course of course, stinking rich people have butlers.

Last edited:
Decided to listen to Jobbie to hear his gleeful self congratulatory drivel at yesterday’s news. However, I’ve come to the conclusion that, somewhat disappointingly, he’s just BORING. I’m actually quite sad about this because I used to listen to him to realise how good my life really is. But that petty little pleasure is no more as his predictable, sixth form level insights(!) into politics are just dull.

• Heart
Say what you like about the Tories but they've given these people a very lucrative career for the last few years. I genuinely don't know ( and don't care) what they will do when Sir Keir is in No 10. The likes of Purkiss, Femi, Steve Bray etc etc will all have to find a new schtick. I think that's the difference between a broadcaster like Vanessa Feltz and Vorders. Feltz has a much broader range. Vorders is a one trick pony. James will have to go back to talking about breast feeding.

I suppose they'll all just find another bandwagon to jump on ala Greta who seems to have moved on from climate change to Gaza. :rolleyes:

Reactions: 4
Say what you like about the Tories but they've given these people a very lucrative career for the last few years. I genuinely don't know ( and don't care) what they will do when Sir Keir is in No 10. The likes of Purkiss, Femi, Steve Bray etc etc will all have to find a new schtick. I think that's the difference between a broadcaster like Vanessa Feltz and Vorders. Feltz has a much broader range. Vorders is a one trick pony. James will have to go back to talking about breast feeding.

I suppose they'll all just find another bandwagon to jump on ala Greta who seems to have moved on from climate change to Gaza. :rolleyes:
Jobby will carry on boring on about Brexit. The Remainers will become the Rejoiners because Starmer was very pro-EU and could no doubt be bullied into it by his pro-remain back benchers, especially if he has only a slender majority.