Law of Attraction / Manifesting ✨

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I like this video I like Teals thoughtfulness and insight and the way she delves quite deeply into things but also has common sense and seems fairly grounded.

I wish some people in the LOA or spiritual community (or whatever) would be a bit more mindful and sensitive about the sometimes insensitive and judgemental messages they give out.
I think the best way is to see the bigger (and more complex) picture. 🤷‍♀️
I don't like the anything that creates or promote's duality of thought or feeling, with some (so called) guru's it's my way or the High way (not aiming that at anyone in particular), well no actually there are many ways of relating to life, manifesting what you want, and finding what works for you personally.
I think some of them forget they are only guide's and that they are here to advise but not impose?
Whatever is right for any of us at any given moment of time is right for us, even if it's wrong! 🙃 we can only do our best with the information available at the moment and with our own personal circumstances and experience that vary wildly.

So the promotion of the idea that a one size fits all explanation or technique (or teacher) is magically going to transform our life is erroneous, even a bit harmful imo.
Also the media has a lot to answer for in terms of promoting a life and way of being that is unattainable for most.
So they would have us following a dream of what if, instead of working with what we have, the promotion of a fantasy life (problems be gone) can really be not very helpful because literally people can and do blame themselves when things go wrong and that can be painful and not constructive.
Instead of people blaming themselves, it would be more accurate to understand for example the negative programming a lot of us experience at a young age, and the possible harmful effects of that, and also the role mass media plays, (especially) social media with its promotion always of the ideal (it's like mass marketing of the narcissistic mindset), view your real self as deficient, promotion of the ideal fantasy life and self instead, designed to make us feel bad about ourselves, you know the bad habits, the unruly body, the lack of order (but here comes the latest fad/solution/guru) to our rescue (from our own chaos)?

That's when it all gets very commercial and sometimes disempowering.

Personally myself I am turning more and more to the older (and I think more reliable) content, before this all became a fad and a bandwagon nearly everyone wanted to attach themselves to
People such as Neville Goddard, Maxwell Matz, Barbara Sher, Florence scovel shinn, Prentice Mulford etc etc and I also find George Gurdjieff and his music and books of interest, but again anything should be taken with a pinch of salt shouldn't it? Beware of anything with a cult like atmosphere or aura of someone being a bit of a (benevolent) dictator, maybe many start with good intentions but get derailed?

I have also heard that a lot of the current new age speakers or popular figures are basically just regurgitating older more trusted content and creators, and just putting their own spin on it, a bit like the emperor's New clothes.
Except from Neyah and a few others (whose names don't come to mind right now sorry) very few even acknowledge or even admit their debt to the masters on whose shoulders they stand on, that in itself is a bit of a red flag to me?
I could be wrong or being judgy myself,but I think it's important to get as close to the original source as possible and for me the only way to do that is to judge how big an ego does this person seem to have?
If they come across as boastful or making it all about them , then I think hmmm 🤔 something is a bit off with this one?
That's because I really do believe that who is inspired by higher consciousness or awareness often carries that energy with them..and you can feel it, when someone genuinely wants to help, as opposed to someone who just seems to want to help themselves! To your money, time and attention etc.
Just my opinion 😁

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
I’m new to this thread and to manifesting in general, so I’m still learning, but my philosophy is similar to your first point in that I think being positive and grateful can only be a good thing for me, no matter what.

But one thing I keep coming back to is the idea of negative thinking manifesting bad things. The trigger for me seeking out some more meaning in life was my mum being diagnosed with cancer in 2020 (she’s cancer free at the moment but it is stage 4 so it’s like living life waiting for the rug to be pulled out from under us) and I just can’t accept that anyone manifests illness in themselves or their loved ones. I actually wonder if this belief comes from the privileged position of never having experienced something truly awful and senseless. If anyone has any thoughts or philosophies on this I’d be interested to know.
First off, I'm so sorry to hear about your mum.

100% this, I've lived through some awful experiences in my life and watched others go through their own suffering then going online and reading that you somehow brought this on yourself from your mindset "smile more, think more positively, be happy, drink more water" is patronising at best, degrading at worst. It wrecked me and made me think there was something wrong with me.

I'm very spiritual but I'm also realistic, manifesting is definitely a 1st world privileged experience, try telling someone in a 3rd world country with no access to clean water that they're just not thinking 'positively enough'

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Universe has had my back with money the last few days and some unexpected free gifts. I've paid it forward by buying a crying lady some flowers.

The lady was crying so thought flowers would cheer her up. Turns out her 2 year old has just died. She's been on my mind ever since. My heart has broken for her

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Universe has had my back with money the last few days and some unexpected free gifts. I've paid it forward by buying a crying lady some flowers.

The lady was crying so thought flowers would cheer her up. Turns out her 2 year old has just died. She's been on my mind ever since. My heart has broken for her
That's so lovely of you Thanks. I'm sure she really appreciated the gesture.

I do fully believe you get back whatever you give out. I had trouble being more generous, it was easier once I got started. Every single time I have given an amount. I have received the amount and more back somehow.

I have bought and sent my friend flowers too for the past two months. I wanted to fill his home with love and flowers because that's what I want in my life.

• Heart
Reactions: 5

That’s so kind of you and will likely always be remembered. How heartbreaking for the Mum.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Anyone tried Reiki/Quantum energy healing on here?

I have got serious anxiety that I can't shift. My weekly therapy sessions aren't helping so I have been thinking of it. Any experience?

• Heart
Reactions: 4

I have got serious anxiety that I can't shift. My weekly therapy sessions aren't helping so I have been thinking of it. Any experience?
Have you tried EFT, especially Brad Yates, on YouTube?

Reactions: 1

I’ve done traditional talk therapy over almost 4,5 years now. My own personal experience, but with anxiety you need to learn how to calm your nervous system down first. Have you read the book the body keeps the score?

I would recommend EDMR therapy for trauma with a skilled practitioner if you have a history of abuse.

I did have good results with reiki and would recommend it. I had three sessions with my person, but also did two acupuncture sessions afterwards at a practice and started exercising again on top. I used to get panic attacks at the worst times almost daily, but I haven’t had one in months. I’ve been previously diagnosed with clinical depression and have been dealing with depression since I was 14, but It’s only the alternative stuff in the last 8 months that has really worked. I honestly feel so much more happier and I’m not 100% sure why. It’s just wonderful not to have the heavy weight of depression.

On YouTube there’s also the haverning technique to learn how to calm yourself down.

I’m also a fan of hyyge. Do things that make you feel safer at home using your senses. This could be a scented candle or a thick blanket. I don’t like bright overhead lights so mainly use indirect lighting and lamps.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
I’ve done traditional talk therapy. My own personal experience, but with anxiety you need to learn to calm your nervous system down first. Have you read the book the body keeps the score?

I did have good results with reiki. I had three sessions with my person, but also did two acupuncture sessions afterwards and started exercising again on top. I used to get panic attacks but haven’t had one in months. I honestly feel so much more happier and I’m not 100% sure why.

On YouTube there’s also the haverning technique to learn how to calm yourself down.

I’m also a fan of hyyge. Do things that make you feel safer at home using your senses. This could be a scented candle or a thick blanket.

I haven't read that.

I do the talking therapy so I know why the anxiety is bad but I get this niggle that there's something I just can't get to and I feel like I'm now at a wall with how to make it stop.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I did also do a lot of gym before too.
Amazon product

You honestly can get better.

Just need to find something that helps too.

Medication does also help some people so do see a doctor too, but I didn’t try it for the anxiety.

Does anyone have any tips for letting go? I'm single and really desire a healthy, happy relationship and more children. However I feel like it occupies my mind a good portion of the day which is gonna drive it away even further 😫

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Does anyone have any tips for letting go? I'm single and really desire a healthy, happy relationship and more children. However I feel like it occupies my mind a good portion of the day which is gonna drive it away even further 😫
You're right on that - the universe responds to patience.

Fill your mind with other things - take up a hobby; read something engaging.

I'm interested in others' thoughts on this ...

In my LoA group last night, we had a new member come along who was of the belief that in order to receive something from the universe, you have to give up something in return.

This doesn't align with my beliefs - well, only so far as removing things that I decide aren't working for me ... I'll happily release those and do so. But I don't believe that you have to give up something you value, in order to receive something else.

What do you guys think?

In my LoA group last night, we had a new member come along who was of the belief that in order to receive something from the universe, you have to give up something in return.

This doesn't align with my beliefs - well, only so far as removing things that I decide aren't working for me ... I'll happily release those and do so. But I don't believe that you have to give up something you value, in order to receive something else.

What do you guys think?
I've never come across that, doesn't make sense to me personally

What do you guys think?
I personally believe there needs to be a balance of give and take. There are a lot of people who give with the expectation that they will receive something in return which is something I don’t agree with. Give with good intentions, but don’t give for the sake of giving and wanting something more in return in that makes sense?

There are studies that have shown when someone receives money and they spend it on someone else instead of themselves that brings more joy which I can relate to. 💜

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.