Lauren Goodger #66

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm so, so sorry for what Lauren's went through. For me to weep reading and imagining her situation isn't anything like experiencing it.

I think she's just so confused and hurt her story is a bit all over the place. That the Naked Doula was there is a bit alarming, to say the least.

For all Lauren has her faults, I'm sure she's went into this pregnancy thinking she was doing all the right things and was being given the best advice.

Don't know what else to say other than I'm sure the full story will come out (simply because the media's recounting of the story isn't consistent - though DM outdoes itself again by getting names wrong. Do they actually proof read before they publish?).

Reactions: 11
Just curious, so the hospital can’t say this is incorrect? Probably wouldn't want to be adding to her distress anyway i suppose? Her behaviour is odd I think but I am in no position to judge.
the student midwife post on her is really knowledgable so it would make you wonder.

Reactions: 16
So in summary, her waters broke, she refused to go to hospital, she took advice from a non medical stranger & sat at home for 2-3 days because they’re both so stupid & arrogant that they wanted to push for the perfect home birth for publicity & mag deals. And the poor child died as a result. If she’d have gone to hospital she would have lived. Seems pretty clear to me. They should hang their head in shame. That article is disgusting.
This! Exactly this. The baby would have lived if she had gone to hospital when her water broke and been monitored.. The baby's distress would have been picked up and action taken. That baby was in distress for hours whilst she sat a home chilling wanting the perfect home birth. I honestly don't know how I would live with myself

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 43
That whole photo shoot is absolutely revolting. I did speculate that Lauren perhaps refused hospital treatment and that perhaps it contributed to the death of Lorena - but I got jumped on presumably because it was ‘too soon’ to mention it.

How could she have known Lorena had blue eyes? I’m just assuming stillborn babies are born with their eyes closed?

The fact TWO weeks ago they were all (those two and their family/friends) holding a dead baby, to then party it up doing God knows what is actually just really weird. A day out at the farm was more than enough (we took our girl to the aquarium no family no friends) and maybe a little family dinner with gifts etc, but a whole parade with just forgetting all that’s happened? What do you even talk about like really??? You can’t just sit and talk about the fact Lauren was holding her dead baby two weeks ago, but how can you bring yourself to talk about other mundane & trivial things?

ODD.
Errrm aren't all babies born with blue eyes and they change colour (if they are going to change) over the ensuing weeks?

Reactions: 17
I've just read a article online from ok mag that says her baby wasn't born alive. Poor little thing 💔

You would honestly think with her being a petite person delivering a 9lb baby they would have recommended a hospital delivery.
Petite? In what way?

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Errrm aren't all babies born with blue eyes and they change colour (if they are going to change) over the ensuing weeks?
Well in fact yes, I just assumed the baby’s eyes would have been closed. I wasn’t asking to be insensitive - just a genuine question as to how SHE knew Lorena’s eyes were blue.

Well in fact yes, I just assumed the baby’s eyes would have been closed. I wasn’t asking to be insensitive - just a genuine question as to how SHE knew Lorena’s eyes were blue. (She is apparently obsessed with blue eyes)

Reactions: 3
I knew she'd sell her story, unbelievable. I'm disgusted at the photoshoot. I know everyone grieves differently but for some reason, my stupidity really, I expected her to be quiet for a quite a while and not say anything. That's what I would do. But I just can't comprehend being a grieving mother and having photoshoots and drinking up at a 1 year olds parties and smiling for the gram.

Reactions: 25
This! Exactly this. The baby would have lived if she had gone to hospital when her water broke and been monitored.. The baby's distress would have been picked up and action taken. That baby was in distress for hours whilst she sat a home chilling wanting the perfect home birth. I honestly don't know how I would live with myself
This is far from true. All hospitals would send a low risk person home to await contractions for a period of time (varies in different trusts). She also wouldn’t have required continuous monitoring. Please don’t blame someone for losing their baby. I’m not a fan of Lauren, I think she is very troubled but no one should be blamed for the death of their baby.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Having 4 sprogs of my own, 3 born by emergency c section due to complications, her post just doesn’t make sense. I’m hoping this is just due to her confusion and emotion rather than trying to convince people there were no complications after many brought up concerns due to her behaviour during pregnancy and possible GD?

Reactions: 11
This is far from true. All hospitals would send a low risk person home to await contractions for a period of time (varies in different trusts). She also wouldn’t have required continuous monitoring. Please don’t blame someone for losing their baby. I’m not a fan of Lauren, I think she is very troubled but no one should be blamed for the death of their baby.
Blamed, no. However, if (which seems extremely likely) Lorena's death could have been avoided by medical intervention instead of sitting at home for 3 days under extremely poor advice, that is something that really does need talked about - to prevent this happening to other women.

TND has alot to answer for and I wonder how many other babies have died in similar situations?

At the end of the day, birth preference shouldn't come before the literal survival of your baby.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
I had a lot of sympathy for her until that article came out :( and I also find it very hard to imagine that they would attempt to resuscitate a baby that hadn't had a heartbeat for over 2 hours, sorry.
I agree.

I posted on another thread that my daughter was stillborn in October (39 weeks- placental abruption) and so much of the article doesn’t make sense.

If Lorena was stillborn, she should be saying it. If she was born alive then passed, say that.

I just can’t imagine 10 doctors would be attempting resuscitation tbh. Then again, there are parts of the day my daughter was born I remember like it was yesterday and other parts that are still hazy 9 months later so it could be that.

Raising awareness- donate the fee for the exclusive article to Tommys or Sands?? Donate your baby things (we gave the nappies and formula to the hospital straight after I came round and met her).

I know she has Larose but how she can be so glammed up and talking to “journalists” is beyond me. I know everyone is different but it seems like a very different way to behave from how the majority of the baby loss community seems.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
It seems like possible medical negligence from the midwife to me. My waters always break hours before contractions start and every time hospital have said after 24 hours is an infection risk

Reactions: 12
Blamed, no. However, if (which seems extremely likely) Lorena's death could have been avoided by medical intervention instead of sitting at home for 3 days under extremely poor advice, that is something that really does need talked about - to prevent this happening to other women.

TND has alot to answer for and I wonder how many other babies have died in similar situations?

At the end of the day, birth preference shouldn't come before the literal survival of your baby.
Unfortunately a baby has no rights until born in the UK and one persons perception of risk is very different to another’s but no one makes the choices they do with the intention of harm. I think it needs talked through the appropriate channels, kicks count, SANDS, midwives etc. Every person is different and maternity care isn’t ‘one size fits all approach’.

Reactions: 5
It seems like possible medical negligence from the midwife to me. My waters always break hours before contractions start and every time hospital have said after 24 hours is an infection risk
I disagree, the midwife can only advise, she had the doula there and she would of told Lauren no stay at home

Reactions: 18
That article did choke me up a little. I do feel for Lauren.

I don't have any birthing experience or any real knowledge on this subject so I don't feel too inclined to comment. No matter what actually happened, this is still devastating.

RIP little Lorena.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Let’s say, the doula was responsible in the sense she told/advised Lauren to ignore any medical professionals advice - can the doula even be held accountable, really? Like for negligence. Presumably you have to sign some type of waiver to say you’ll always take the advice of a medical professional or something? Idk. I understand she’s looking to blame someone, who wouldn’t? Her baby is dead and she has no idea what happened - I’d just hope if it wasn’t NHS negligence, she wouldn’t blame them for the sake of blaming someone. I feel like most women in the UK have a really positive experience with their midwives and those who bring their babies into the world, the registrar at my birth was a little bit snappy but she wasn’t negligent at all… other than that I truly had the most wonderful NHS midwives.

Reactions: 14
I agree.

I posted on another thread that my daughter was stillborn in October (39 weeks- placental abruption) and so much of the article doesn’t make sense.

If Lorena was stillborn, she should be saying it. If she was born alive then passed, say that.

I just can’t imagine 10 doctors would be attempting resuscitation tbh. Then again, there are parts of the day my daughter was born I remember like it was yesterday and other parts that are still hazy 9 months later so it could be that.

Raising awareness- donate the fee for the exclusive article to Tommys or Sands?? Donate your baby things (we gave the nappies and formula to the hospital straight after I came round and met her).

I know she has Larose but how she can be so glammed up and talking to “journalists” is beyond me. I know everyone is different but it seems like a very different way to behave from how the majority of the baby loss community seems.
Many years ago with my first child due in three weeks time, I thought all was going OK until a routine blood test indicated that in fact the placenta was dissolving meaning instead of going home to wait I was taken in immediately to be induced. TBH I'd never even heard of this as a possibility of an outcome, the machine they plugged me into failed to work leaving me for endless hours with nothing happening and finally my labour was physically brought on by tearing the amniotic sac to bring my baby on - it was a horrible experience all in all but I had my child at the end of it all.

I cannot imagine what it must be like to go through all that to end up with nothing which is exactly why I do not understand how Lozza is carrying on like nothing ever happened. God forbid she and Chas are stupid enough to have another baby in ten months time :(

• Sad
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.