Laura Whitmore

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The thing is, Laura was so holding onto the name so she could release it when she felt like it for maximum impact, just like the pregnancy announcement and wedding. She wasn't planning to never say the name in public. It's all very calculated.

In one way, yes she should be able to share when she wants to but it doesn't always work like that when you've spent 10 odd years courting celebrity life. There's a lot of celebrities who protect their kids privacy and they are so much less drama than Laura. IMO refusing to put up the child's name only draws so much more attention to it. I don't even follow her but every time she has posted a picture of the baby its ended up becoming an article and even just skimming the home pages I'm left wondering briefly what the child's name is. Just announce the name and move on. It's also weird to deny a child their own name and identify. I would have a bit more sympathy for her if she wasn't posting pictures of the baby nonstop and set up an Instagram account with the actual name clearly displayed. She was only dying for it to be found so she could have a fit online about it.

Laurence Kinlan was one of the people who jumped to her defence on Twitter and she even retweeted him, I see he has since deleted a few of his initial messages of support but still has one up calling the reporter scum, which he is being called out on.

Reactions: 20
He’s pathetically obsessed with her because he can’t believe he’s actually bagged someone who looks like her - I’ll never forget him being on 8 Out of 10 Cats in their early-ish days of dating and when his girlfriend was mentioned he said “oh yeah Laura Whitmore?” - he was desperate to name drop her & have everyone know his business!

she just needs to chill out. For gods sake she’s not some A-List celebrity being hounded the whole time. Look at actual Hollywood superstars & how they manage to keep their kids’ lives private, it’s not hard to do if you don’t rely on the rags talking about you to keep you relevant.

I would genuinely go as far to say that she knew this was going to happen, and in fact wanted it to so she could make a huge song & dance about it. She knows exactly what she’s doing

Reactions: 29
Just leaving this here...
I really hope she sees this, and realised how much of a hypocrite she is being. She was a host, gossiping about a woman who was seriously ill, who later died from her addictions Laura was paid to gossip about. So according to Laura, this isn’t intrusive but a journalist emailing an agent asking her baby’s name is? Absolute vile woman. Dry your eyes and stop trying to use the death of Caroline Flack to create this stance against the media and make out she’s being hounded by the press. They asked your baby’s name using the correct contacts, you were not harassed.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
She documents everything on social media. Has done since before she was famous. Literal albums full of 100s of photos posted to Facebook for every single trip, holiday, festival etc. Classic show off, “it didn’t happen unless it’s posted across 3x social media platforms and cranking up hundreds of likes”. It doesn’t surprise me at all that she has an Instagram for the baby with 100+ photos already and she’s barely a month old. She also reads every single thing written about her online. Self obsessed and social media addicted is not the word. Sad to say but Caroline Flack was the same, if you watch her documentary and this was where it all spiralled.

Given her latest post with the benign meaningful platitude about “owning your power” straight out of her crap book, it wouldn’t surprise me if this was orchestrated to garner even more social media attention. Promote the book’s bs, get the followers up, spike the engagement, more product endorsements and higher profile, great for business. The woman hasn’t taken a day off SM since she gave birth, she’s a perfect example of being literally ruled by addiction. She must have crap people around her if this is all okey dokey by her management, her husband, her friends.

Reactions: 26
My gosh, the self-righteousness and hypocrisy of this one is off the charts..she started her career as an entertainment journalist and regularly reported on celebrities' personal issues, including who they were dating as well as Amy Winehouse's tragic drug addiction, she courts the media at every turn (including arranging her own pap shots) to build her profile and flog her shite book, makes sure the whole world knows she is having a baby by getting paid to pose in her underwear with her bump out, talks non-stop about being pregnant during her book promotion.. the same book that she revealed her baby's gender in.. makes a deal with the Daily Mail to serialise her book..only to throw a poor journalist under the bus and set her 1.4M followers on herfor asking a simple question about her baby's name? Lecturing and pontificating to all of us to be kind but she's entitled to doxx a journalist who acted well within the established industry standards while also working on a show whose entire ratings depend on exploiting and humiliating it's young, impressionable contestants of which two have committed suicide and one, Alex George spoke extensively about his mental health fall out after the show.. this is a show that has a challenge where contestants who have no idea how they are being perceived are show unflattering headlines and need to guess who it is about, course thats gonna cause them mental distress..working on a show like Love Island is incompatible with "Being Kind" and respecting privacy..also no coincidence that the journalist in question is the same one that wrote about her pal Eoghan McDermott dropping off the face of the earth when his accusations became public knowledge. Glad she is being called out cos she needs to take a good long look at herself and cop herself on, seeing her double down on this instead of acknowledging her mistake is so frustrating, why didn't she call out the person who upskirted her instead of this journalist.. it's nothing more than a manipulative tactic to try win sympathy and turn the tide of public opinion back in her favour. Fingers crossed, entertainment journalists will do a black-out on her now and cut off the public attention which is obviously like oxygen to her!

• Heart
Reactions: 53
Sorry if this has already been said in the thread. Did Lorraine get the baby’s gender from the book and say it because she thought it was common knowledge? And Laura was like oh we don’t know it yet, but was hoping people would by the book?

Reactions: 4
I’d probably have felt sorry for her if she hadn’t basically invited the internet to pile on a journo. All she had to do was blur the name - is that so hard?

Reactions: 11
Sorry if this has already been said in the thread. Did Lorraine get the baby’s gender from the book and say it because she thought it was common knowledge? And Laura was like oh we don’t know it yet, but was hoping people would by the book?
Did you see that interview? Laura looked really annoyed and made a point of saying “my baby” making it look like Lorraine had dropped a big secret when it was in the bloody book all along!! Wtf is wrong with this woman??

Reactions: 14
She also asked Iain if wedding bells were round the corner “ this was not in the research chat, I expected better from you”. Although she did say she was going to be cheeky and he brushed it off but probably seething within

• Haha
Reactions: 4
She’s not backing down is she.
Asking for confirmation of your baby’s name is hardly the same as taking and publishing a photo up your skirt is it? She’s trying to justify calling that rather polite journalist vile and she just can’t.

Reactions: 17
After what happened to her friend Caroline she should really know better if nothing else.

Reactions: 9
She's quite obviously pissed off she wasn't able to sell the baby's name for content and/or cash. End of. Now she's trying to dress it up as some moral crusade. Get bleeping over yourself.

Reactions: 29
This woman beggars belief. The last nauseating headlines she made were of her lashing out at the public about how amazing her post-labour experience was, and insisting that the people who follow her (and keep her relevant in her industry) not compare themselves to ***holier than thou*** she who hasn't a pick on her anyway.
Who of us want to be friends with the girl who goes on about how great she feels and looks, knowing full well that it isn't the experience of most others..... it’s so shady and just god complex much???!

Then this week, how dare a fellow journalist inquire about what cool and hip name she has bestowed upon her offspring. Heaven forbid little miss woke and hip be denied the intense pleasure she seems to get out of revealing things in some try-hard pathetic way. Lolling hard at the fact that she made an Instagram page for the child and got so pissed off when it was discovered.
Side-note; the “coming soon” vag pic would suggest that little is off-limits with miss shitmore so hop down from your high horse for a day or two, see if you come back down to earth with the rest of us.

And finally, for someone that was such a close friend of Caroline Flack, she didn’t hesitate for a second about jumping straight into the vacant Love Island presenter role (which she genuinely sucked ass at). There is something so insincere about her that her vile actions this week have only further proved.

Reactions: 36
Did you see that interview? Laura looked really annoyed and made a point of saying “my baby” making it look like Lorraine had dropped a big secret when it was in the bloody book all along!! Wtf is wrong with this woman??
Yes it was so strange?! And the next day Lorraine had to apologise on air. I was thinking oh that’s a big faux pas, but really it was already in the book!!

Reactions: 7
New to Tattle, and see it says it’s “Almost time for a new thread, post your thread name suggestions and vote!”

May I suggest;

Stevie’s Mom Has Not Got It Going On!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 67
Urgh! Wasn’t even bothered about her until
Her sanctimonious ‘I feel so amazing’ post and she’s been pissing me off ever since. The pile on on the journalist is absolutely disgusting and now I’ve gone from apathy to irritation to totally hate the cow. And now.... she’s doing the book launch for the new Peter James book 😩 I love those books and now she’s going to ruin it! She probably ruined the play that she was in but I’m not keen on the stage adaptations anyway

Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.