Laura Whitmore

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hello all
My very first post. I used to love Laura but when she did Strictly something about the was she carried herself didn’t sit right with me and I took a turn. I always remember Marian Keyes on Twitter saying she had the same feeling about her ( though I think she’s been on her podcast)
It’s been interesting to watch Laura since. Her ego is just outgrowing her very mediocre personality and presenting skills. Laura has little more than her looks to draw on. I’d love to know where she sees herself down the line ones she’s deemed to old for all the fluff shows she presents. I can’t see a chat show or any current affairs type programme in her future.

Reactions: 9
She’s a good looking girl but 100 percent thinks she’s a lot nicer looking than she is,and I can’t get past the weird mouth thing she does in photos and the mascara on her lower lashes. I would probably think she was a lot more attractive if she was a good person but she’s a dick so when I look at her I don’t think much at all.
This for me, the mouth hanging open with the over-lined lips. I don't know what that's about but it looks atrocious. That and the fact that she's a dick does it for me.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
She seems to have gone to the Victoria Beckham school of how to pose in photos.

Reactions: 3
She is beautiful but doesn't she know it. She's been lauded for it since she was a teenager, and her whole career has been based on being the "pretty Oirish blonde". That's gonna give anyone a complex, especially when you're in an industry where pretty blondes are left on the scrap heap when they age out of the market and you've got no hard skills beyond dolling yourself up and fake-laughing down the barrel of a camera.

I suspect she knows she's that if she doesn't nail down the BBC breakfast show / Holly Willoughby style role she'll be quickly forgotten / irrelevant, in that context an occasional blow-up on social media is a good thing. No publicity is bad publicity eh?

Reactions: 3
Hello all
My very first post. I used to love Laura but when she did Strictly something about the was she carried herself didn’t sit right with me and I took a turn. I always remember Marian Keyes on Twitter saying she had the same feeling about her ( though I think she’s been on her podcast)
It’s been interesting to watch Laura since. Her ego is just outgrowing her very mediocre personality and presenting skills. Laura has little more than her looks to draw on. I’d love to know where she sees herself down the line ones she’s deemed to old for all the fluff shows she presents. I can’t see a chat show or any current affairs type programme in her future.
I think if she'd been on Strictly another year with a weaker line up, she may have made more of an impact, but 2016 had quite a few names and I guess no one would have predicted Ed Balls stealing everyone's thunder.

It was clear her and Giovanni didn't get on, but she seemed to have a massive chip on her shoulder about it all. I know she said she was annoyed that they were trying to push the whole romance angle with her and Giovanni, which is fair enough, but I don't think they were really? It just seemed she couldn't quite deal with the fact she faded into the background a bit and wasn't a memorable Strictly contestant

I didn't really have much of an opinion on her until then, but I agree, something about the way she spun her whole Strictly experience didn't sit right with me

Reactions: 5
I love Strictly and had completely forgotten that she was on it.
Same here!
Interesting the Mail have not touched this story and it normally is the sort of thing they love. I wonder if, like the Sun, they are just quietly never going to mention her again.
I imagine most papers take an extremely dim view of journalists being insulted and doxxed for doing their job in a polite and professional manner.
I'm sure she thinks she is above it but without tabloid interest her career will fade very quickly.
Fearne Cotton said her career came grinding to a halt, when she seemed untouchable, and I bet she wasn't such a big dick as Whitmore at all.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.