Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

MavisWilton

So I have been told that she did indeed quit of her own accord and the producers weren't pleased.

2 rumours going around itv:

1. She is the new big brother host
2. She has a totally different project lined up for next summer that she is very excited about, possibly tv acting
Hello Laura! 👋🏻

• Haha
Reactions: 45

ohjaysus

She just announced she's axed from LI!!!!!! The post she shared is obviously nauseating though making it seem like it was her choice really and name dropping Caroline in search of redemption

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 42

ahtisyourself

VIP Member
There is nothing that she could possibly take on that would be a bigger job than Love Island or pay so much for doing so little. Nobody in their right mind would willingly walk away from that job, especially someone like Laura who was lucky to be doing it in the first place and is extremely unlikely to ever host a prime time tv show again a bag a fortune.

I called it a few months back, ITV would have been going against their duty of care and “be kind” bs by letting her go last year when the public appetite for her to be replaced was so strong. So they kept her on for another year but gave her minimal screen time so she wouldn’t get too many backs up, and then casually let her go once it’s over and all the noise has died down. There will be nothing she will ever do again that is as high profile as LI, so she is done. She is a terrible presenter and an unlikable person, so it’s well overdue.

Reactions: 42

Eureka

VIP Member
What is that accent she has. It’s like a put on Irish and London accent - it really doesn’t sound natural, very affected.
And I see she’s gone with the ‘women shouldn’t criticise other women’ trope 🥱 Surely women are allowed an opinion on all topics and that includes other women. Has she never slagged Katie Price or the Kardashians, come on Laura.
I tell you what’s sexist Laura, tone policing other women is sexist. We should be able to call out problematic women without being lectured too by a fair weather feminist who works on a show that pits women against each other for ratings.

• Heart
Reactions: 41

NoMoreSpotlight

VIP Member
Please can we leave the British Army and Babestation stuff in the last thread? It’s been done to death! It definitely puts me off engaging with this thread to see the same things being flogged 🙈

• Heart
Reactions: 41

Chinese_whispers

VIP Member
The main thing she couldn’t change about the format was live TV and that she’s shite at it. Flying in and out excuse is bullshit, she was there three times, max.

agree that was it was cheap to mention Caroline’s name twice. She isn’t fit to tie Caroline’s shoes career wise.

Reactions: 39
Not worthy of an instastory Laura eh? Comments limited and will try to bury it between a bunch of bs posts about her “rehearsals” etc.
She was clearly shown the door and given the ITV nod to make out like it was her decision. Funny how she’s a “superwoman / girl boss” jumping on and off planes and hustling between gigs when the work is available, yet it’s “too difficult and conflicts with my other projects” when she gets the sack.
Finally these producers are paying attention to the general public, she’s been sacked off in three main gigs in the last few months and I’m here for
it. Couldn’t happen to a better person.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 39

Pushyplumb

VIP Member
She did will to last three series. She isn't a good presenter, was completely the wrong fit for it. Be interesting to see if Ian stays.

You can feel her bitterness through that announcement.

Reactions: 38

Eureka

VIP Member
She just announced she's axed from LI!!!!!! The post she shared is obviously nauseating though making it seem like it was her choice really and name dropping Caroline in search of redemption
She’s worded that very carefully. She’s not saying she jumped or got booted but I definitely think ITV decided she’s not worth the hassle and haven’t renewed the contract.

MakeDamnSure

VIP Member
By saying I hope I did Caroline proud at the end is such a Laura thing to do. Invoke the memory of a dead woman so people won’t be mean and say she was rubbish. I think itv didn’t want her anymore but said she could make it seem like she quit. Will be interesting to see what Iain does now.
For someone who was saying how full her diary was and how exciting the next year was going to be, she sure has been losing/quitting her biggest jobs. Sure that play will keep her busy for a few months but beyond that I can’t really see what she will be doing.

MidnightRambler

VIP Member
Iain IS using a seat filling agency, as our organisation has been offered free tickets for his last 6 shows 'be sure to give it a thumbs up on your socials!' - kinda sad.

Little bit of tea from last week - Whitmores agent was approached about appearing on Freeze the Fear, a new show on BBC. They said they'd love to see the details as they'd have to check against the ITV2 deal she has regarding competition etc (she works for BBC Radio but via a production company, not the BBC itself). When it became clear she was basically on a reserve list to be a contestant on the show (alongside huge names such as Owain Wyn Evans, Professor Green and Chelcee Grimes....) her management sent an arsey e-mail back to producers saying Laura would only have considered the role of presenter - which was already given to Holly Willoughby.

Once again her (or her representatives) attitude has caused her reputational damage. They never learn. It's quite telling that recently the likes of Katherine Ryan have posted on their socials from Celeb Juice, posing and larking around with Emily Atak, Maya Jama, Keith Lemon... and never Laura, as she spends the vast majority of her time locked away with her toxic stylist Tori and management rep, presumably taking videos of her dancing on her own.

One last thing - it's not just a coincidence that she might have gotten the Love Island gig again a week after Maya Jama confirmed she was going to step back from a few opportunities to spend more time in New York over the NBA off season. BBC gave Maya permission to record her voice over work remotely from the US, meaning she didnt have to come back over to the UK until it was time for the press interviews. Miraculously, as soon as her management told ITV of this development, and her wish to take some time out, the stories began to circulate that Laura would return.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 36
She knew how precarious a position it was. So instead of handling that with respect and care, she sauntered in there dancing on beds and gloating over her newfound role, she spent zero time actually mourning her "pal" including rocking up posing and pouting at the Brits a few days later, and has only reeled out Caroline's name where it benefits her ever since. E.G anniversary "here's me and my best pal Caroline, I miss you sister" posts every year and now, when she's been sacked but "hope she's done her friend Caroline proud.".

Then there's the fact that she was pants as a presenter of the show. But that only adds to her public dislike. All she had to do was show a bit of vulnerability, compassion, humility, something to demonstrate she's human and she's learning. Maybe take negative feedback onboard and use it to improve. Isn't that what we all have to do in our jobs? Big fat nope to that one. How about following her own creed and treating others with kindness? Also nope, she's been attacking or dismissing journalists and the press and LI contestants and anyone that doesn't pander to her since Day One.

• Heart

littlegossiplover

Chatty Member
Such a bitter and curt post - Laura to a tee really! No ‘thanks for the good times’ or ‘great working with the team’ just that she got away with it longer than she should have. But yippee! 🥳

MakeDamnSure

VIP Member
I always remember on love island final nights Caroline’s insta would be selfies with her and all the finalists, genuinely looking like they were all partying and having a great time. Laura’s Instagram on final night was just her posing and dancing alone eye-fucking herself to death. That shows the complete contrast in the two of them. Caroline just oozed warmth and friendliness towards the islanders, Laura just thinks she’s better than them. Caroline knew that the final was about them and asked them questions because it was her job but also because she wanted to know the answers. Laura can’t even wait for them to finish what they are saying before she butts in with another scripted question because she wants the attention all for herself. If love island are doing 2 series next year they really need to rethink who is hosting because Laura is so jarring as a presenter. She blamed last years awkwardness on covid and not being able to interact with the islanders as much but this year she has had no excuse. They gave her a chance to improve and she hasn’t.