Laura Jane Williams

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m pretty sure they’re slipper versions of sandals, lined with some kind of sheepskin lining or something. I’ll give her a pass for that. I wouldn’t want to be judged for the combos I wear for warmth at home!

Reactions: 1
Well, according to Esther Coren's blog, onthespike, socks and birkenstocks are the look of the autumn winter 2020.
Oh god, has she got a thread here?! I don't understand how she can recommend anything stylish at all, panda eyes and enless plugs for kjs laundry and their over priced shapeless tit.
To be fair I do enjoy her stories.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Oh god, has she got a thread here?! I don't understand how she can recommend anything stylish at all, panda eyes and enless plugs for kjs laundry and their over priced shapeless tit.
To be fair I do enjoy her stories.
Do you read her blog? Her diet (starvation) tips are something else. Espresso cup of porridge anyone?, 35g of pasta (two fork fulls)? And a shot of cold vodka instead of drinking a glass of wine. If you need more than this or enjoy the odd croissant and cappuccino you are greedy apparently.

I do quite like her but she is just a shiller like the rest of the mummy floggers out there.

• Wow
Reactions: 1
Yah from what I see in the cafes of Kentish Town I would not take style tips from Esther Coren 🤭 But obvs someone is. The rollnecks for chins are pure LJ though. Where have the mirror selfies + lame characters gone? They were a howl.

• Haha
Anyone else seen her latest woman shaming post. Having a real laugh about someone being called a "fat slag". Thought she was all about the feminism and supporting other women? People in the mentions going "wappy" for her HILARIOUS story. Awful.

• Angry
Anyone else seen her latest woman shaming post. Having a real laugh about someone being called a "fat slag". Thought she was all about the feminism and supporting other women? People in the mentions going "wappy" for her HILARIOUS story. Awful.
Yes, awful awful! From what I heard she's not all about supporting other women! Desperate to get back in with Dolly after they did one event together and Dolly thought she was a bell?! She RAVES about her book. Desperate to get back in with Red after they thought Laura's last book was shite? She kisses staffer arse. She's been rude and dismissive to wimmin I work with; then bum licks women she needs. We all know it, they all know it. It's probably why she only has one friend, that Callum fella.

• Wow
£11 to hear her talk about 2020? Seriously?? ‘An evening with Laura Jane’ 🤢🤢🤢
But, wouldn't it be great for the thread if someone coughed up £11 and attended said evening. They could then feed back to the thread what happened and if she wore a sweater with a large neck to hide her chins.

Reactions: 5
Yes, awful awful! From what I heard she's not all about supporting other women! Desperate to get back in with Dolly after they did one event together and Dolly thought she was a bell?! She RAVES about her book. Desperate to get back in with Red after they thought Laura's last book was shite? She kisses staffer arse. She's been rude and dismissive to wimmin I work with; then bum licks women she needs. We all know it, they all know it. It's probably why she only has one friend, that Callum fella.
Ooh how do we know Dolly thought she was a bell??

To be fair, Dolly thanked Laura in the acknowledgements of Ghosts.

The tongue is out in full force to promote this utter embarrassment, I see. An exercise in narcissism. Apparently she has been “recognised for living boldly and bravely”... erm, recognised by herself, I guess? Shagging American teenagers and moving back to Derby so you can afford your own place are not what I call bold or brave?

edited to add: she’s getting very creative in hiding her chins. No roll neck today, just hand under the face, carefully placed hair etc.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
She is LITERALLY insane. ‘I’ve been recognized as living boldly and bravely’ - sorry what? You moved back to the village your Mum lives in, you have no friends, no hobbies ... there is literally nothing bold / brave about your white middle class life 🤮

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I've worked at ST Style (Grazia, Red, Stylist...) so I've seen a lotta Laura breadcrumbs! Perhaps it was Dolly's nice way of breaking up with her... (acknowledging her in Ghosts). Like SEE YA!

• Wow
Why do I find it suspicious that the tickets are £11 and £1 from each goes to the Trussell Trust? And this line: “I want it to be easy to pay my bills”...

Does she need a specific amount of money to pay off some debt or something? And she rounded up the tickets to £11 to look charitable?

I mean, it’s better and more transparent than her recent pointless “sliding scale” donations from the writing course, but this is super fishy to me...

What will her “21 for 21” lessons be? How to hide your chins, how to spin your totally average beach read romance novels into “art”, how to arrange your coffee table books so they give you inspiration, how to write a “memoir” where everyone constantly remarks on your beauty, how to lick more famous and talented people’s arses, how to make everything about you?!

I've worked at ST Style (Grazia, Red, Stylist...) so I've seen a lotta Laura breadcrumbs! Perhaps it was Dolly's nice way of breaking up with her... (acknowledging her in Ghosts). Like SEE YA!
Share the breadcrumbs, then! Are you saying you’ve worked at Sunday Times Style, Grazia, Red and Stylist? I have friends who were at Grazia and Stylist but no longer. Also pals work with ST Style on a freelance basis, but none of them have any LJW gossip, as all on fashion side rather than content/editorial. I don’t think she’s registered with anyone beyond those she’s directly worked with, which isn’t good for her... I do have a pal who’ve I’ve mentioned before who works in publishing, has worked with her briefly, and actually likes her a lot. Strongly suspect Laura lovebombed her when they worked together 👀

I actually genuinely think Dolly doesn’t mind LJW, but probably keeps her sweet for lackey work and an ego boost. I expect she thanked Laura for Ghosts as she was probably an early reader and gave feedback.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Why do I find it suspicious that the tickets are £11 and £1 from each goes to the Trussell Trust? And this line: “I want it to be easy to pay my bills”...

Does she need a specific amount of money to pay off some debt or something? And she rounded up the tickets to £11 to look charitable?

I mean, it’s better and more transparent than her recent pointless “sliding scale” donations from the writing course, but this is super fishy to me...

What will her “21 for 21” lessons be? How to hide your chins, how to spin your totally average beach read romance novels into “art”, how to arrange your coffee table books so they give you inspiration, how to write a “memoir” where everyone constantly remarks on your beauty, how to lick more famous and talented people’s arses, how to make everything about you?!

Share the breadcrumbs, then! Are you saying you’ve worked at Sunday Times Style, Grazia, Red and Stylist? I have friends who were at Grazia and Stylist but no longer. Also pals work with ST Style on a freelance basis, but none of them have any LJW gossip, as all on fashion side rather than content/editorial. I don’t think she’s registered with anyone beyond those she’s directly worked with, which isn’t good for her... I do have a pal who’ve I’ve mentioned before who works in publishing, has worked with her briefly, and actually likes her a lot. Strongly suspect Laura lovebombed her when they worked together 👀

I actually genuinely think Dolly doesn’t mind LJW, but probably keeps her sweet for lackey work and an ego boost. I expect she thanked Laura for Ghosts as she was probably an early reader and gave feedback.
Yeah I've freelanced on features desks/digital/done shifts. It's a small world and I've worked with a few people she's filed copy to/pitched to and they are not keen. They commission her for the following/online profile as mag sales are going down. I'd agree people on other desks aren't aware of her, but those whose lives she "touches" most certainly are! I think I've said it before, but she's rude (unless she's lickin ya bum) and her copy is dire.

Part TED talk oh my god, I can remember when I first read her books when I was in my early 20s and thinking my life was that interesting too, quickly grew out of that ha. She’s so weirdly quasi-EnglishAmerican - “a state of the union”?? What does that even mean?

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Yeah I've freelanced on features desks/digital/done shifts. It's a small world and I've worked with a few people she's filed copy to/pitched to and they are not keen. They commission her for the following/online profile as mag sales are going down. I'd agree people on other desks aren't aware of her, but those whose lives she "touches" most certainly are! I think I've said it before, but she's rude (unless she's lickin ya bum) and her copy is dire.
Excellent insight. Yeah I def think she’s a bum licker of the highest order. Can also imagine she’s rude to anyone she deems beneath her.

So I’ve always wondered about her Red colum specifically because it had zero theme and was just a load of poorly-written waffle... did she purely get that for the followers? And sucking up to the Ed? Do we know how much she got paid?

I’ve said this before, but I will never forget the Red column proclaiming the first season of Queer Eye was the most feminist show on TV. Literally a show about five men teaching (at the time) other men to dress and cook and decorate was feminist, because “anti toxic masculinity” or something. I still am lost for words, to be honest.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
If I wasn't so furious I could cry. SHE THINKS 2020 HAS BEEN HARD FOR HER??? Has she had a baby and emergency C section in lockdown with no family help or support allowed and a crying baby 24/7? Has her partner been furloughed and is she worried how she will pay her mortgage? Did her grandad die in lockdown and only 6 people could go to the funeral?? (And I am aware of so so many people who've had it a whole lot worse too) NO SHE bleeping HASN'T so the bare cheek of CHARGING people money to listen to her DIATRIBE of 'oh I couldn't go to hot yoga' and 'my life was already stuck at home writing books so it's not changed a single bit for me' is OUTRAGEOUS. And she's donating money to charity - ONE POUND???? Surely there has to be regulation on this?? The rest of us have mates to speak to and rant and cry with, yet she is doing this like some dictator broadcast?! She will speak but no one else can. I thought I had seen it all I really did. WHO IS BUYING INTO THIS!!? My receommendation is - pay your £11 to charity and ring your best mate insead.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.