Laura Jane Williams

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Cover been rebranded "for autumn" - which means one thing. It isn't selling as well as they hoped. And it's only 99p! Go figure... She's very good at spinning things/polishing turds isn't she?!
I was in England recently and was tempted to tonbuy it at Tesco as it's 2.99, didn't see it anywhere. Not WH Smith's... and it seems the bright yellow books cover was a thing this summer

She’s such a fake person I can’t stand it. Again why does no one else see through her? Or maybe they do and they are all just using each other?? She doesn’t have any real friends and I’m sure Charlotte jacklin doesn’t really like her she’s only doing it for the following. Charlotte only hangs out with people who are good for the gram. Liv purvis etc. Their podcast the fringe of it was awful too talking about what they had watch on tv neither have anything smart fun or interesting to say

Reactions: 1
She is such an insufferable wank.
More pointless wasting of plastic. This is because she was such a snob about coffee when she moved to London. But nespresso is hardly how they drink it in the hills of Brazil!! 😂

She looks so different in that Telegraph article! It's easy to see she really knows her selfie angles, but proper photos not to much. I always thought she had a v defined jawline but those photos say otherwise.

That whole article was a pile of tripe too. She took a teaching job that happened to be in a convent... Not as if she joined an actual nunnery. I suppose I'm not surprised when she rewrites her history so often
And she's always going on about her decade long romance with her high school sweetheart but even in her own words she says it wasnt 10 years! And if you do the maths she's counting it from when she was 15, so was it 'friends with benefits' from that age?!

She's 33? I thought she was older. Which means this bit of the article she wrote makes even less sense:

"It was April 2009. We had been together for almost 10 years - six as a couple, and four as 'friends with benefits’. But as we entered our mid twenties, we gradually grew apart. The crunch came when we both enrolled at different universities, 200 miles away from each other, as mature students."

So at this point she was 22, and does that mean friends with benefits started when they were 12?!

She was all for documenting her life when she could bend the truth and make stuff up, but now she's realising people can call her out she's backtracking. I bet 'Gwen' and 'David' wish she hadn't made a whole load of money by blogging about what is probably a very normal occurance at schools across the country!

Why is she saying that young women are expected to sell their private stories. They're....not?! I know plenty of young women (hell I AM one) and never have I felt that expectation. It's a world of their own making surely? Or am I missing something?

Reactions: 8
She's 33? I thought she was older. Which means this bit of the article she wrote makes even less sense:

"It was April 2009. We had been together for almost 10 years - six as a couple, and four as 'friends with benefits’. But as we entered our mid twenties, we gradually grew apart. The crunch came when we both enrolled at different universities, 200 miles away from each other, as mature students."

So at this point she was 22, and does that mean friends with benefits started when they were 12?!

She was all for documenting her life when she could bend the truth and make stuff up, but now she's realising people can call her out she's backtracking. I bet 'Gwen' and 'David' wish she hadn't made a whole load of money by blogging about what is probably a very normal occurance at schools across the country!

Why is she saying that young women are expected to sell their private stories. They're....not?! I know plenty of young women (hell I AM one) and never have I felt that expectation. It's a world of their own making surely? Or am I missing something?
I used to idolise her, and wanted to write about my private life just like her, but realised what was it worth? Who really cares?

The more I've looked into the Caroline Calloway stuff, I realise she modelled herself on her, living her life authentically through blogging and then through instagram but with an emphasis on sex. It's jarring now that she 'regrets' her 'balls to the wall' method of getting to where she is and is now advertising herself a la the traditional author medium, despite the fact she was pretty open about 'making herself a brand' and dedicated blog posts, her dissertation and now courses to get people to follow in her footsteps.

All for liberating yourself through expressing yourself, but it feels like she wants to have her cake and eat it too, and hope that she is now remembered as a conventional writer and not the person who wrote about the length of her pubic hair and calling herself a narcissist.

Reactions: 2
I used to idolise her, and wanted to write about my private life just like her, but realised what was it worth? Who really cares?
That's the thing isn't it? You can't spend X amount of years putting it alllll out there, attention seeking and being a proud open book, sell courses based on having an "authentic" voice that ultimately bags you a book deal and then when people are actually interested in you, chuck a wobbler.

And yet there's also this crazy attitude that her every word and thought is worthy of an audience. She used to be on stories CONSTANTLY. I find it so bizarre how these people with an audience very quickly start to assume everyone cares.

Last edited:
She was truly fine documenting every aspect of her life until she read some opinions on here that didn’t swell her ego.
I think that was a hard pill for her to Swallow
And what about selling out her old mates by selling articles bitching on them!??

Reactions: 2
@courageouscrumpets back in the thread there's a bit of discussion about an article she wrote about the end of a friendship where she goes on to detail how moody and needy the friend she parted ways from was, some might say unnecessarily.

A lot of people think that it refers to Meg (Wonderful u) as the timeline and circumstances seem to tally with an unfollowing and zero interactions. Before this they always were all over each other online. Someone observed that the fallout seemed to happen after they went on a trip together.

I really have nothing substantive to add, but she’s very annoying with her endless naval gazing, and her pokey out tongue is bleeping cringe.

What the hell possessed her to wear that dreadful outfit? Little House on the Prairie crossed with pajamas.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.