Laura Jane Williams

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I unfollowed her ages ago but looked at her stories today.

I'm all for celebrating wins and successes and a book is certainly one of those, but she doesn't half like to come across like she's some edgy risk taker who cosmic ordered a book deal..... as opposed to a chronic oversharer who gained a lot of followers, mostly because they probably wanted to follow the train wreck in real time and got opportunities off the back of it.

O
How she wasn’t taken to town more over her disgusting sex abuse caption I do not know!!
Oh god, I know! But she's speaking her truth, holding space and being authentic so we can't criticise 😂

I unfollowed her ages ago but looked at her stories today.

I'm all for celebrating wins and successes and a book is certainly one of those, but she doesn't half like to come across like she's some edgy risk taker who cosmic ordered a book deal..... as opposed to a chronic oversharer who gained a lot of followers, mostly because they probably wanted to follow the train wreck in real time and got opportunities off the back of it.

O
Oh god, I know! But she's speaking her truth, holding space and being authentic so we can't criticise 😂
Look up twit and you’ll find her.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Oh God I can’t bear this new campaign!

No I don’t want to contribute for you to pay someone to entertain your gran!

Not that I don’t feel for the cause - of course we’ve all got elderly relatives in this situation but how can she think a mention in her book is going to make me contribute to her fund over my own family’s wellbeing?!

Am I missing something?

Also Laura - instead of asking for money why not go and spend some time there yourself to make a difference? Go and read your book to them or play bingo or sing some songs (which I’ve legitimately done at many care homes for years!)

I haven’t commented on this thread before but this has made me so riled I can’t bear it!

Reactions: 6
Oh God I can’t bear this new campaign!

No I don’t want to contribute for you to pay someone to entertain your gran!

Not that I don’t feel for the cause - of course we’ve all got elderly relatives in this situation but how can she think a mention in her book is going to make me contribute to her fund over my own family’s wellbeing?!

Am I missing something?

Also Laura - instead of asking for money why not go and spend some time there yourself to make a difference? Go and read your book to them or play bingo or sing some songs (which I’ve legitimately done at many care homes for years!)

I haven’t commented on this thread before but this has made me so riled I can’t bear it!
Just like anything she does, it isn’t genuine. She is using the whole thing for another promotion of her stupid trash books. She could support and finance the whole thing on her own (skip a holiday or two) or even if she chooses to turn it into a fundraising event, but why she has to drag the book into it. A selfish person, no matter what. Of course many see her as some sort of wise guru or saint.

Reactions: 3
Just like anything she does, it isn’t genuine. She is using the whole thing for another promotion of her stupid trash books. She could support and finance the whole thing on her own (skip a holiday or two) or even if she chooses to turn it into a fundraising event, but why she has to drag the book into it. A selfish person, no matter what. Of course many see her as some sort of wise guru or saint.
She should sell some of the books she gets sent or other free crap, go in and teach a creavite writing session, read to them!! Call me a cynic but this tit new twattome (book) is going to involve old people in some way and this is just setting the wheels in motion!!!

Reactions: 1
A bizillion per cent agree with this. When have we ever heard mention of her nan until now? She's not even IN the photos she is sharing of her. Why doesn't she just visit her - she could entertain the other residents with her multiple personalities and accents! 😂 I don't think it's ethical really. I wouldn't want my nan's nursing home being talked about like this on social media by some jumped up yuppie who is using it to self promote and sell pulp fiction.

Wait for the 'oh I'm so shocked' face when one of her 'mates' at the Daily Mail picks it up to write about.

My friend works for a publisher and reckons she won't actually be getting much cash for these books she's agreed to write so that's why she's selling her soul and her nan this way.

Very sad.

She should sell some of the books she gets sent or other free crap, go in and teach a creavite writing session, read to them!! Call me a cynic but this tit new twattome (book) is going to involve old people in some way and this is just setting the wheels in motion!!!
Ah yes. That will be why. Probably not even her nan 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Yeah this felt really off to me too...I am all for influencers using their platform to do good, but this felt like total self promotion. When it comes to really helping in situations like this nursing home, the key is to make it sustainable, lasting change will make the most difference. So what would really help in a nursing home situation is reaching out to community groups to build lasting voluntary relationships..like youth choirs coming to sing every few months, getting church organizations involved in visiting or performing, local schools doing christmas concerts etc., getting groups in just ti visit or play games. I've seen this done several times, it is not hard and requires next to no money, all it needs is someone reaching out and making the effort to organize. What Laura did was a cheap money grab that gives her all the validation she's seeking and helps promote her next book.

Yeah.. I'd feel better about it if she had mentioned her nan and her home before ever.

Now I might just have her on the brain but watching an old episode of The ultimate worrier with Jon Richardson tonight and is that her talking in a welsh accent?! I hope this video works - not my strong point!

• Haha
Have you guys read her latest article in Stylist Magazine? It sounds like she's describing her fallout with Meg (wonderful_u)?

I’m sure that’s who she’s talking about. Of course she’s made it out that she’s been so gracious about the whole thing and talks plenty about Megan’s flaws, making herself out to be perfect yet again!

I’m sure that’s who she’s talking about. Of course she’s made it out that she’s been so gracious about the whole thing and talks plenty about Megan’s flaws, making herself out to be perfect yet again!
Oh god this is beyond tragic.

That article talks about Laura's numerous other friends. Who would they be then?

Just goes to show what a load of fake tit Instagram is, she posted this gushing tripe only about 9 months ago
Screenshot_2019-07-26-15-08-25.jpg

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.