Laura Jane Williams

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She is so desperate and full of herself. Those questions in her stories a while ago were all set up. She created them from another account. Easily done and she is crafty enough to do it. They echoed the points this forum has touched upon so in a way she ‘responsed’ to them / explained herself. Tried anyway. Of course not everyone buys her bullshit fakery. She definitely follows the forum.
God that's incredibly sad if so.

she just tweeted about 'dumping friends' - another one bites the dust?
She's writing a magazine article about friendship, and is desperately looking for other people who shed friends as fast as taking your bra off after a long day.

Reactions: 1
It’s funny how people have commented on how she only replies and engages with influencers, I actually knew her about 10 years ago (ish) and reached out to her a few years ago about a couple of things, I can’t even remember what about now tbh or whether I messaged or commented or what, but I was completely ignored. I wish her nothing but the best tbh but at the time it did bother me a little.

It’s funny how people have commented on how she only replies and engages with influencers, I actually knew her about 10 years ago (ish) and reached out to her a few years ago about a couple of things, I can’t even remember what about now tbh or whether I messaged or commented or what, but I was completely ignored. I wish her nothing but the best tbh but at the time it did bother me a little.
I think that's what a lot of people take issue with. The fact she bleats on about herself at every opportunity and expects people to listen to her whilst ignoring the majority of people who supply her with the engagement she markets herself on that allows her to do these very expensive courses. Maybe it's a strategy to be seen only interacting with the cool kids. I know she can't respond to everyone, nor should she be obliged too, but with LJW it always feels like her audience is beneath her.

Reactions: 2
Did you guys see she reposted the free event with a "just in case you missed it" message...I think people aren't signing up and she has overestimated her influence and reach. She clearly is trying to move on to a "serious writer" stage of life, her next persona...but I genuinely don't think her writing is enough of a pull by itself. My guess is her books sell because she overshared on Instagram, which led to people feeling invested in her and her story, the whole "wanting to support a friend" kind of thing. Take that away and I think her readers will dry up...it is actually pretty fascinating to watch, I think instagram has influenced many of us to support personalities rather than talent and I think Laura falls into that category. I find some of the stuff she writes interesting, but I wouldn't go out of my way to read what she writes, and I have zero interest in her new book. It really has been her insta engagement that has led me to keep reading her actual writing. The community she built on insta seemed quite supportive, but I'm not sure they will stick around without her making effort. I know I won't. Will be interesting to see how far she's able to go without engaging with followers.

Reactions: 4
Anyone heard the podcast she was on recently? It's a KILLER. WHAT is that accent?! A lot of the stuff she says just makes no sense. Has she got some kind of Internet bullshit quote generator? 😂

I've realised that's why she wrote "tid bits" as the host of the podcast says that. Forgot she went to "High school" and goes on "vacation" and gets "sick" not ill. Must be her emotional intelligence that makes her American 😂

Oh my god as well when she talks about people unfollowing her because she has too much confidence?!!! WHAT?! What a weird gross brag to make!

Oh GOD. On the podcast now she's claiming she was bullied at "high school" but I thought she had her best friend and high school sweetheart at school? It's because she "felt art so deeply" and is an empath.

She is OFF THE SCALE NARCISSISTIC but literally cannot see it and she is STILL talking about the ex best friend and boyfriend. This is MORE THAN A DECADE AGO.

Let go. It's beyond tragic.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
Hang on - is she not in some way American? (Very belated realisation....)
NO!!! She's been quite vague about where she's actually from. When her "memoir" came out the press for that said she was from Derby. But that's probably so the best friend and ex boyfriend didn't sue her. Recently she said she's from York after it was called out on here, and other articles she's written say North Yorkshire. She also said she used to work 40 hours a week while she was at "high school". How did she fit school work in and her art and her relationships? 🤔

But no, she has no connection to America other than her brother lives there now.

• Haha
  • Wow
Her accent is so annoying, it's an affectation and pathetic.

Although in her defence I did go to a 'X High School' in UK so that could be true?

I also went to a high school. Maybe she's privately educated? I am - although I can imagine that fact being the kind of thing she'd rather keep quiet about in case it alienates her "people" 🙄😂

I thought she was American too! But then after I suffered through that terrible book where every chapter seems to feature various people validating her over and over, I realised she was just from somewhere in the UK! Her accent see saws a lot, sometimes she plays up the northern tones and other times she does a very odd affected posh London type accent, with a few Americanisms thrown in for good measure. I remember watching some of the videos she did with wonderful u a few years back and realising she had a different voice again!

I guess it depends where you first stumble upon her.

According to her latest instagram post she has a book deal for the next 4 years...a book a year until 2023. I cannot comprehend how far she gets with very little talent- she’s the queen of self-promotion.

If I'm going to take dating advice it just would not be from Laura lol. I wonder how she managed to wangle this 4 book deal when Our Stop was so disappointing.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
View attachment 28924
If I'm going to take dating advice it just would not be from Laura lol. I wonder how she managed to wangle this 4 book deal when Our Stop was so disappointing.
Perhaps she just knows who to ‘date’ so she’s got the deal. 😂 Her books are trash material but she is good at selling trash.

That's her breathy author voice. Later we will have the sassy independent down to earth northern lass voice and the Americana drawl to accompany one of her many personas.

That's her breathy author voice. Later we will have the sassy independent down to earth northern lass voice and the Americana drawl to accompany one of her many personas.
How she wasn’t taken to town more over her disgusting sex abuse caption I do not know!!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.