Laura Jane Williams #2 Say Please! And put your tongue away.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Odd frumpy photo of her on a walk to advertise her latest scam course… can’t imagine that works well?

Has anyone else noticed lately a lot of her manic Stories are quotes about not getting bogged down by people who dislike you and judge you blah blah blah… I think she’s been reading here again and it’s getting to her.

Reactions: 1
Odd frumpy photo of her on a walk to advertise her latest scam course… can’t imagine that works well?

Has anyone else noticed lately a lot of her manic Stories are quotes about not getting bogged down by people who dislike you and judge you blah blah blah… I think she’s been reading here again and it’s getting to her.
She is reading on here, I can see it 😂 So here's some advice: cut down on the buttery pastries and toast in bed. It makes you look as lazy as your writing, the crumbs are a disaster, and well, I don't wanna state the obvious...

• Haha
Reactions: 3
A few questions: 1) Has she always had that awful middle parting? 2) why is she ALWAYS in bed?

• Haha
Reactions: 2
"She's started the day with hot water and lemon instead of tea... is she going to regret it..." Narcissism: check. Borderline personality disorder: check.

"She's started the day with hot water and lemon instead of tea... is she going to regret it..." Narcissism: check. Borderline personality disorder: check.
Having absolutely no life so all she posts on Instagram is her drinking various beverages in bed… check!

Having absolutely no life so all she posts on Instagram is her drinking various beverages in bed… check!
Totally. She seriously needs to get out of bed and stop talking about herself in the third person. Neither are good for yer mental health.

Any reviews of the new book yet?

From what I’ve seen, she hasn’t had nearly as much of a publicity push on this one. I think all the goodwill from the mags she’s worked with and the literary types she’s “pals” with has fizzled out a bit.

Got to say, with her manic, close-up Stories I am reminded of her old Instagram Stories when she attempted to claim herself a skin care expert and was going on and on about looking so much younger than her age and that using a jade roller was the secret and that a plastic surgeon agreed etc…oh, to have that level of confidence in myself!

For the record I don’t think she looks awful, but I do think she looks older than she is, although that’s as much to do with the way she carries herself, her mannerisms and her frumpy, shapeless sack style (SORRY). I don’t want to sound like I’m critical of women looking and getting older, but Laura has always struck me as someone who appears older than their years (and not in a “full of wisdom” way). I think we’re actually the same age but I don’t relate to her or her style at all.

She really reminds me of the 40+, middle class mums I’ve seen outside the local private school, actually. They all wear shapeless linen sacks and straw hats, have weird loud voices and talk about themselves in the third person.

Reactions: 4
The goodwill has run out for sure. The mags realised her books were lousy and the author pals realised she was a thief.

Style is so frumpy. I’m all about the plus size but she gives us big girls a bad name in those sacks/rollnecks/beige gilets. And the straw hat? So ten years ago and so lazy.

Industry insiders say this book is DREADFUL too and she can’t get to the end of her contract quick enough. And those stories of excited fans are lols (one is her publicist). With her following, I’d have expected better.

Her press is going from bad to worse. That’s why she’s pushing “all the interviews” on her stories like she’s doing a movie junket when actually they have very poor reach. Will be an interesting week watching her sweat. I predict cinnamon buns in bed by Wednesday…

• Haha
Reactions: 3
The goodwill has run out for sure. The mags realised her books were lousy and the author pals realised she was a thief.

Style is so frumpy. I’m all about the plus size but she gives us big girls a bad name in those sacks/rollnecks/beige gilets. And the straw hat? So ten years ago and so lazy.

Industry insiders say this book is DREADFUL too and she can’t get to the end of her contract quick enough. And those stories of excited fans are lols (one is her publicist). With her following, I’d have expected better.

Her press is going from bad to worse. That’s why she’s pushing “all the interviews” on her stories like she’s doing a movie junket when actually they have very poor reach. Will be an interesting week watching her sweat. I predict cinnamon buns in bed by Wednesday…
Her publicist has been declining press unless they have a certain amount of reach and/or a certain type of following. As I was told by a book blogger who reached out to interview her and has a social reach of over a million across socials that they were declined.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
So she’s gone from doing Insta Lives with Toff (1.8 million followers… but it was car crash) for the last book to shouting about one with some author with 1,000 followers. Oh honey! She gotta pull something out of the bag by Thursday 👀

Stories of her stuffing her face with fondant fancies. Better than the tongue making its appearance, I guess.

All this tallies with my magazine friends who say she's rude, she's a knobhead and her writing is diabolical. The summer book reviews are out and she's getting no coverage. Maybe she's comfort eating fondant fancies. I can't look :sick:

Ouch 23 people watching (half of them probably from here 😂) is not worth the time of day.

But the extract. Sweet Jesus it’s bad.

Clumsy insertion of a black character (and they put the word Black in capitals :oops:) just so we really know she’s D-I-V-E-R-S-E? Page 2 ✅

Clumsy reference to cod feminism? Page 3 ✅

So bad I had to stop there. No wonder Grazia banned it from their 72 books of the summer. And that’s a ton of books to be deliberately excluded from. No wonder none of the monthlies will touch it. They used to mention her books cause they felt they had to with her following and the fact she worked for some of them. But her George Floyd catastrophe last summer freed them of that. Which is why the best she can do is post a trade press announcement about Carrie Hope Fletcher reading it in the hope she'll sell it.

The extract is hilarious.

I almost choked when I got to the bit about 13-year old Freddie’s real name being Frederica, but when she learnt about the gender pay gap she decided she wanted a name where people seeing her CV can’t tell if she’s a boy or a girl so can’t discriminate.

• Haha