Laura Jane Williams #2 Say Please! And put your tongue away.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She's just trying to be provocative to be sure. More attention seeking. No actual parent says they love "being a parent". A she/her would say she/her (šŸ¤­) loves being a mother. Even mothers by adoption. I seriously flippin doubt she's parent to a human cause no actual parent I know spends that might time eating in bed or watching telly or doing the bollocks and stories she does.

And wasn't the poster before just Laura, trying to get some emails and info on people here? Either to reveal who we are (cause I'm sure most of us know her šŸ˜‚) or to get signups for her turgid newsletter and courses.

Maybe her new boyfriend has kids? I'm more concerned by the description of Our Stop as 'an international bestseller'.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Just got a newsletter from her where she drops the news that sheā€™s ā€˜a motherā€™ mid sentence before spending the whole email talking about the feminism of romance novels

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
Does she mean she's birthed all these characters? I am so confused šŸ˜‚

• Haha
Isn't she the sort to make up boyfriends? She alluded to a few but I assumed they were either invented or they ran a mile before she went full on Fabio with them. It certainly looks like a single existence from her Insta, solo drinking and texting friends about reality telly. But if she has adopted fair play to her. Will be healthy to put someone else at the centre of her world. Specially hard for a narcissist though.

If she's gone through with the adoption then good on her! My only reservation is that she always seemed so flighty, changing her mind about who she was and what her goals were and whether she wanted to be single, be in a relationship, be a mum, not be a mum. But I would imagine an adoption agency is far better at vetting than I am, and she will have given a child a much better home than what they'd have faced had she not adopted them. So go on Laura.

Reactions: 3
Judging by the dreary book recommendations and writing-by-numbers stories, she ainā€™t no parent. Oh well, at least she can focus on her ā€œinternational bestsellersā€ā€¦ lolz.

Judging by the dreary book recommendations and writing-by-numbers stories, she ainā€™t no parent. Oh well, at least she can focus on her ā€œinternational bestsellersā€ā€¦ lolz.
Maybe she's adopted a school-age child? Who knows.

WHHHHAAAATTTTT?! Guys Iā€™m so confused by it all! I feel VERY sorry for the poor kid if she has managed to adopt - she clearly has some pretty intense mental health issues.

WHHHHAAAATTTTT?! Guys Iā€™m so confused by it all! I feel VERY sorry for the poor kid if she has managed to adopt - she clearly has some pretty intense mental health issues.
People with mental health issues can still be good parents, and as I've mentioned above, the child is likely to live a better life with Laura than in the care system waiting around to be adopted.

I find Laura very pretentious and cringe and a bit flighty, but I think adopting a child is a really honourable thing and we shouldn't knock it.

Reactions: 8
That is a good point @majestic26.

I do have a tiny bit of tea. I know someone that knows Laura and I heard that she was initially turned down for adoption based on her weight (apparently itā€™s a thing, who knew) so perhaps she has been working on that and has now been allowed to proceed?

That is a good point @majestic26.

I do have a tiny bit of tea. I know someone that knows Laura and I heard that she was initially turned down for adoption based on her weight (apparently itā€™s a thing, who knew) so perhaps she has been working on that and has now been allowed to proceed?
Excellent gossip! She really doesnā€™t look like sheā€™s lost any weight to me, but I have no idea how weight limits & adoption work.

Edit: I had a google. Seems that most overweight people will not be fully turned down, but they will be asked to attempt to improve their BMI or at least show they understand why theyā€™re overweight and what a healthy diet consists of (I think thatā€™s fair enough).

Methinks if Laura was turned down, weight was only one factor and sheā€™s telling porkies. I do suspect she has managed to adopt now, though. She must have got all her ducks in a row somehow.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
Sheā€™s doing it on purpose šŸ˜‚ this is actually really funny. We all said she wasnā€™t adopting because she stopped talking about it, so now sheā€™s subtly trying to prove the ā€œhatersā€ wrong. I take back any credit I gave her for keeping quiet - sheā€™s not keeping quiet at all. Proving Tattle wrong is more important than her adopted childā€™s privacy!

I have a theory - what if she was originally turned down from adopting not just because of her weight, but because of her social media presence and sharing of every moment of her life?

She definitely very abruptly scrubbed her Instagram, and then took several long social media breaks. Changed her entire social media output in general. To me, it would make sense if she did all that to re-apply and was thus successful the second time around.

Reactions: 7
Sheā€™s doing it on purpose šŸ˜‚ this is actually really funny. We all said she wasnā€™t adopting because she stopped talking about it, so now sheā€™s subtly trying to prove the ā€œhatersā€ wrong. I take back any credit I gave her for keeping quiet - sheā€™s not keeping quiet at all. Proving Tattle wrong is more important than her adopted childā€™s privacy!

I have a theory - what if she was originally turned down from adopting not just because of her weight, but because of her social media presence and sharing of every moment of her life?

She definitely very abruptly scrubbed her Instagram, and then took several long social media breaks. Changed her entire social media output in general. To me, it would make sense if she did all that to re-apply and was thus successful the second time around.
Oooh yes. I think you could be right.

For a parent she still spends a serious amount of time drinking tea in bed/reading/watching TV/making stories about her process (I wince at every process post because they expose sheā€™s not a writer and is cosplaying). Several friends of mine have adopted. They took adoption leave, they spend night and day focusing on their kids and putting them at the centre of everything. It looks like her marketing strategy is the centre of her everything. Doing the IG/Zoom events at bedtime - not great for settling a child. She said on a story she was working all summer. Not ideal for the kid. I reckon she's cosplaying at parenting or doing it for a feature :cry:

I just donā€™t understand what sheā€™s doing. And yes @majestic26 youā€™re obviously right - people with mental health issues can make excellent parents but I do seriously worry about a kid living with her ā€¦ sheā€™s a different person every day, sheā€™s posted some extremely sexual and racist posts (that arenā€™t just going to be forgotten because sheā€™s cleaned up her Instagram), she etas ATROCIOUSLY, sheā€™s lonely with no friends / support network apart from her parents and sheā€™s incredibly self-obsessed. I canā€™t imagine putting a child first above herself.
Side note I also worry about her financial security - what if her 99p book deals go down the drain? Howā€™s sheā€™s going to support a kid??

I just donā€™t understand what sheā€™s doing. And yes @majestic26 youā€™re obviously right - people with mental health issues can make excellent parents but I do seriously worry about a kid living with her ā€¦ sheā€™s a different person every day, sheā€™s posted some extremely sexual and racist posts (that arenā€™t just going to be forgotten because sheā€™s cleaned up her Instagram), she etas ATROCIOUSLY, sheā€™s lonely with no friends / support network apart from her parents and sheā€™s incredibly self-obsessed. I canā€™t imagine putting a child first above herself.
Side note I also worry about her financial security - what if her 99p book deals go down the drain? Howā€™s sheā€™s going to support a kid??
Probably why sheā€™s been talking about flogging courses again and also making a HUGE deal out of her new book pitch.

To be fair though, I think she probably is able to live fairly cheaply. Obviously she moved back home because she admitted she couldnā€™t afford a child in London, and she doesnā€™t seem to do anything or go anywhere anymore (even pre-Covid).

This made me think of ā€˜The Love Squareā€™. But, sure, sheā€™s got a degree in Creative Writing and everyone should take writing classes with her! Even though she doesnā€™t understand how basic plot devices work. Oh yeah, donā€™t forget sheā€™s super woke. Her best friend is gay!
6407509D-C304-4EE4-A349-AEB79C7DA644.jpeg