Laura Fantacci (and the others from Wardrobe Icons)

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Laura. I know you read this. Do yourself a favour. Go back to WIT days - wear what you love & you will gain a natural following & respect.

Reactions: 2
I loved WIT blog, it’s probably up there as one of my favourite blogs in that I genuinely looked forward to each and every post.

She was at her best when she had to be more creative with budget - yes she looks great now and I agree with everyone who says she is by far the most stylish of the 3, but I miss the days when she would buy a designer item but it was clearly a real decision for her - I remember that amazing pink Jil Sander skirt she had which she wore with a simple white t shirt and it just looked stunning.

Reactions: 5
Oh indeed!
I was so influenced by her early WIT days and her OOTDs against the brick wall. Simple & effective. I think now Sheerluxe has the digital magazine covered they were more willing to share themselves on YouTube stories etc whilst Laura & Petra (wardrobe icons) didn’t and now they are chasing their tail.
Georgie Coleridge Cole is really good at evolving Sheerluxe too, she is always coming up with something new and it's obvious she knows exactly who her audience is - there is something for everyone. WI is just for people with a huge budget.

Reactions: 4
Wardrobe Icons is a vanity project for influencers who’d rather not be known as influencers.

It plays cat and mouse with the ASA and has just as many affiliate links as Mrs Hinch - the packaging is just higher end.

Georgie Coleridge Cole is really good at evolving Sheerluxe too, she is always coming up with something new and it's obvious she knows exactly who her audience is - there is something for everyone. WI is just for people with a huge budget.
Totally agree huge inspiration and content for all budgets!

Reactions: 1
GCC, also comes across as more genuine, I also love the mix on sheerluxe, of fashion, interiors, lifesyle which for me is more attainable and interesting. Switched off and unfollowed the wardrobe crew ages ago as so boring and the increasing smugness of LF really put me off. Never found Petro particularly inspiring and DB wtf? I started following before she became ‘insta famous’ but she is so disingenuous and since going down the #af route, has become imo boring and pointless.

Reactions: 4
Agreed about GCC - she’s far more genuine. Those other three from WI take themselves too seriously - they think they’re the doyenne of the fashion world. Errrr. You’re not - 3 meh at the absolute most BUT still say Laura had great fashion sense in the early days - she’s losing it and should go back to her WIT days fast and cut the other 2 loose.

Agreed about GCC - she’s far more genuine. Those other three from WI take themselves too seriously - they think they’re the doyenne of the fashion world. Errrr. You’re not - 3 meh at the absolute most BUT still say Laura had great fashion sense in the early days - she’s losing it and should go back to her WIT days fast and cut the other 2 loose.
Agreed. And this sounds mean, but I don’t think she is switched on enough - she’s never really connected with her audience. She only values the pounds they spend. She comes across as superior (so many unanswered questions on her IG). Contrast with someone like Trinny who answers/ or has staff to engage with her followers.

And Laura has ALWAYS been dodgy with the ASA requirements (as a PP said, probably a hangover from magazine days).

Reactions: 3
And Laura has ALWAYS been dodgy with the ASA requirements (as a PP said, probably a hangover from magazine days).
I believe she was outraged that she was being asked to ‘disclose her income which is no one’s business’.

But she doesn’t need to tell anyone the monetary value of her contracts, just whether or not it’s marketing.

And it’s ALL marketing.

Deborah is guilty of being hit or miss with declarations of ads as well. It’s almost like nobody told her she had to!

Reactions: 3
Agreed. And this sounds mean, but I don’t think she is switched on enough - she’s never really connected with her audience. She only values the pounds they spend. She comes across as superior (so many unanswered questions on her IG). Contrast with someone like Trinny who answers/ or has staff to engage with her followers.

I actually wouldn't mind if Trinny benefitted from affiliate links as she must work bloody hard to answer all those questions. She is genuinely connected to her audience and it really shows.

Reactions: 10
Couldn’t love Trinny more. She is raw & likeable. Good days and bad days, not overly edited and you just want her to be ok. I remember about 8 years ago she had an idea of setting up Trinny London but didn’t have the money. She had a private sale at her house and raised the cash. Admirable. Doesn’t take herself too seriously - she’s just cool

Deborah is guilty of being hit or miss with declarations of ads as well. It’s almost like nobody told her she had to!
Deborah Brett is wrong on so many levels. Look deeper. Gagging for a book deal - that stupid eyebrow & transatlantic drawl - How? What? When? Why?

Reactions: 6
The accent is dreadful, so affected. I also like Trinny - posh as hell but so likeable.

Reactions: 8
Couldn’t love Trinny more. She is raw & likeable. Good days and bad days, not overly edited and you just want her to be ok. I remember about 8 years ago she had an idea of setting up Trinny London but didn’t have the money. She had a private sale at her house and raised the cash. Admirable. Doesn’t take herself too seriously - she’s just cool

Deborah Brett is wrong on so many levels. Look deeper. Gagging for a book deal - that stupid eyebrow & transatlantic drawl - How? What? When? Why?
Trinny is definitely cool, totally agree. She also seems aware of her privilege and manages not to come across as smug, pretentious or patronising.

Reactions: 6
Trinny is absolutely not smug - I agree with you Minnie Mouse, she’s a class act. She’s had a bloody hard time with some issues that she’s addressed. Which is why she is so grateful for where she is now. I love that she engages so well with her customer - that’s class, breeding & knowing her lady. Wipes the floor with Laura, Petra & DB

Last edited:
This is going some years back but does anyone remember when Laura got gifted a baby moon in The Maldives (from Mr & Mrs Smith I believe, so very high end) and didn’t disclose it?
Someone decided to pull her up on it and started commenting on her posts asking her to be honest and admit that it was a freebie. Rather than be honest and say that yes, the trip was an amazing #gift, she kept on deleting/blocking them, only for the same poster to keep returning and posting the same. It was all documented on Mumsnet I believe - it was quite the entertaining week!

• Wow
  • Haha
Sounds like her. I’m sure someone can dredge it up from the darkest depths. I have a vague memory of that. Just seen the WI shopping edit. Wiggy Kit, Boden are being heavily promoted. Two brands those 3 have been working with!!!