Laura Fantacci (and the others from Wardrobe Icons)

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
New thread for Queen Bee Laura, I can’t deal with how pretentious and out of touch with reality she is.

Reactions: 5
Had to unfollow. Liked her blog back in the day but find her insufferable now. Always been intrigued by Deborah Brett and her family dynamic. Not to mention the wealth! My god, she must come from serious money!!

Reactions: 4
Yes her blog was good. Unfortunately Wardrobe Icons is just a vehicle for affiliate links and the magazine is the journalistic equivalent of "you can't sit with us". I feel like Laura needs the money from WI and Petro/Deborah definitely do not!

Laura's Italian summer is pretty much my dream holiday though. If I had her lifestyle I'd take a table cloth on holiday too!

Reactions: 5
What’s Petro’s background? I know Deborah B is married to a film director/producer but nothing about Petro. I find a lot of the fashion they promote just ridiculous now - I’m all for an ‘investment piece’ (sorry) but £400 blouses and £700 dresses. Nah, you’re alright.

Reactions: 1
Petro is South African and seems to have family there who own a lot of land which is also a business (possibly a vineyard or farm, can't remember). Don't know anything about her husband, but they live in a house in Hampstead.

I loved her blog back in the day .... I love the concept of wardrobe icons ‘fashion that never dates’ but it’s all very expensive now. I much prefer Sheerluxe which is a good mixture of price points. Plus it didn’t sit with me well that she rented somewhere in the country during lockdown - it was obvious she wasn’t in her London Home and ignored questions & comments on her Instagram when followers asked about it.

Reactions: 2
Had to unfollow. Liked her blog back in the day but find her insufferable now. Always been intrigued by Deborah Brett and her family dynamic. Not to mention the wealth! My god, she must come from serious money!!
Not serious money. She has been “left” money. If you notice on her stories she never has any big expensive items. All her stuff is gifted & majority is a huge AD. She does than skincare stuff but fails to disclose that her bestie owns the company
No serious money. She has been “left” money. All smoke & mirrors. Her house in London is tiny tiny but she makes the most of it. She also fails to disclose ADS which is most of everything she does - she needs the money. Note no high end designer items. All gifted & all an AD. Known in fashion circles as a freeloader & insufferable, massive eye roll. Majority of what she wears are gifted. And her skincare VOTARY is a best friend of hers so I bet she didn’t tell you that.

Not serious money. She has been “left” money. If you notice on her stories she never has any big expensive items. All her stuff is gifted & majority is a huge AD. She does than skincare stuff but fails to disclose that her bestie owns the company

No serious money. She has been “left” money. All smoke & mirrors. Her house in London is tiny tiny but she makes the most of it. She also fails to disclose ADS which is most of everything she does - she needs the money. Note no high end designer items. All gifted & all an AD. Known in fashion circles as a freeloader & insufferable, massive eye roll. Majority of what she wears are gifted. And her skincare VOTARY is a best friend of hers so I bet she didn’t tell you that.
Are you talking about Laura or Deborah? I was referring ti Deborah who always comes across as being very wealthy but maybe that is smoke and mirrors. Interesting!

Are you talking about Laura or Deborah? I was referring ti Deborah who always comes across as being very wealthy but maybe that is smoke and mirrors. Interesting!
Yes Deborah. Freeloader extraordinaire. NEVER buys anything - relies on gifting. She’s just cleverer about it than most as she “befriends” the designer. Smoke and mirrors

Last edited:
I too am intrigued by Deborah Brett. Her house and lifestyle in Ibiza is incredible.
The parties they thorough are so grand, the cakes she makes etc. How do they do it all?

they are a great example of how you can feel very inferior as a full time, long commute working mother.

I too am intrigued by Deborah Brett. Her house and lifestyle in Ibiza is incredible.
The parties they thorough are so grand, the cakes she makes etc. How do they do it all?

they are a great example of how you can feel very inferior as a full time, long commute working mother.
House is smaller than you think - bought with an inheritance. He makes no proper serious money, few people in film do. The parties look grand but she has freeloaded / begged so much of it - cakes cost nothing to make. Don’t be fooled. She’s the queen of trickery

House is smaller than you think - bought with an inheritance. He makes no proper serious money, few people in film do. The parties look grand but she has freeloaded / begged so much of it - cakes cost nothing to make. Don’t be fooled. She’s the queen of trickery
Wow, interesting! Sounds like you have good Intel 👌🏼

Wardrobe icons is amongst the shadiest of the shady accounts when it comes to advertising disclosure.

That’s why I stopped following Laura et al. - I prefer honest, transparent accounts to dishonest accounts.

Reactions: 2
I really used to love WIT blog and she was pretty accessible- a lot of Zara, Gap, JCrew. Wardrobe Icons is just so out of touch and I don’t really understand who their audience is.

Laura - acts like she has more money than she probably has. Something a bit off and cold about her, massively beggy on her personal page too
Petro - seems nicer and a bit more chilled. Doesn’t share as much of her personal stuff, clearly has more money than Laura (doesn’t act like it)
Deborah - I thought she was minted given her house, the Ibiza house, private schooling amazing holidays and fancy parties. She seems more of a professional socialite. Don’t really understand what she does. Her cakes are epic and her husband is fit

Oh how the other half live!

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Fascinating re DB. Although for me, buying a house in a expensive part of london, even if small, with an inheritance is classed as super wealthy. It’s a world I cannot relate to at all.
when my grandma died I was left £25 premium bond 😂😂

Reactions: 6
Fascinating re DB. Although for me, buying a house in a expensive part of london, even if small, with an inheritance is classed as super wealthy. It’s a world I cannot relate to at all.
when my grandma died I was left £25 premium bond 😂😂
Possibly. None of it is out of her pocket. As I’ve said look further. Queen of trickery. At most of these schools if you remove the people who’s school fees are paid for (by a grandparent, inheritance, trust) - they would be empty. Cakes cost nothing and parties are cleverly put together. She’s creative. She knows how to make tat look expensive. No amazing holidays - just goes to the family homes, same old. Doesn’t have anything special. It’s all that rubbish from Wyse and Ray Feather - tat made in India

@Nancy Knows How can you say Deborah’s London house is small, or did you mean the Ibiza one? (And if so, nothing wrong with a second home being “small” surely?)
Their London house is huge, detached, with a massive basement conversion and extension and is in Holland Park. I think she would be minted by most peoples definition! Getting freebie cakes is probably how she stays rich!

Reactions: 3