Laura Dorgan - @laura_dorgan_fitness

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She didn't look like it took an ounce from her, fair play either way be it 4.20 or 4.47

No way Retro wore the t-shirt lol

Reactions: 3
Ya. Fair play to her. And she was having the craic too. No ego at all. Love it.

Reactions: 4
I was out watching yesterday and saw her running by and she looked like she was having a ball and this was at around mile 15. I look more tired going up a flight of stairs than she did after 15 miles. Fair play to her.

Reactions: 9
She isn’t using her official chipped time?will she ask them to engrave the medal with her Apple time instead 🧐

Reactions: 1
She isn’t using her official chipped time?will she ask them to engrave the medal with her Apple time instead 🧐
I don't know how no one has said it to her 🤷🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️ or maybe they have!
Edit to add, if she ordered the engraved part when she registered they'll take the chip time and she'll be in for a land 😝😝

I bought a 4 week program from Laura, mainly for the fitness element and for some guidance in the gym. I also paid for a nutrition plan and this is where I really thought she's fallen down. I didn't follow the plan at all because the food was so basic and bland. The calories she suggested for me were extremely low also. I'd imagine if you were more impressionable being told that that small amount of calories was what you should be on could be dangerous. Would not recommend!

I bought a 4 week program from Laura, mainly for the fitness element and for some guidance in the gym. I also paid for a nutrition plan and this is where I really thought she's fallen down. I didn't follow the plan at all because the food was so basic and bland. The calories she suggested for me were extremely low also. I'd imagine if you were more impressionable being told that that small amount of calories was what you should be on could be dangerous. Would not recommend!
That's interesting to hear. I found the amount of weight loss some of her clients share in their check-ins are a bit excessive and quick in order to be genuinely sustainable. I understand that results can be immediate depending on someones individual circumstances, but it still didn't sit right with me. I often wondered what the calorie allowance was on her plans and if it was set quite low.

Reactions: 2
Tbh the stories with her clients weight loss were the reason I unfollowed - just found it a bit triggering with my own eating issues. I looked on her website there - there’s no reference to a nutrition / dietetics qualification - who knows what she’s basing her advice on 🤷🏻‍♀️

Tbh the stories with her clients weight loss were the reason I unfollowed - just found it a bit triggering with my own eating issues. I looked on her website there - there’s no reference to a nutrition / dietetics qualification - who knows what she’s basing her advice on 🤷🏻‍♀️
Laura asks what your goals are and in what space of time you want to achieve, a quick Google of a calorie calculator would tell you the calories to adhere to to achieve this. As the lovely @Londoncailín said the results can be immediate but if you're sticking to minimal calories and doing these intense workouts of course it will fall off you quickly. It's an easy buck to make having to send a check in message a week, send out a generic meal plan and throw together a few pre-recorded workouts on the app!

Laura asks what your goals are and in what space of time you want to achieve, a quick Google of a calorie calculator would tell you the calories to adhere to to achieve this. As the lovely @Londoncailín said the results can be immediate but if you're sticking to minimal calories and doing these intense workouts of course it will fall off you quickly. It's an easy buck to make having to send a check in message a week, send out a generic meal plan and throw together a few pre-recorded workouts on the app!
I would be interested to know how many clients keep the weight off long term.

I used to like her page and stories but honestly the amount of alcohol and alcoholic nights/outings out she has I just don't know how she keeps going and not put on any weight, I can only think she has one meal a day and balances the rest of the calories for alcohol 💁‍♀️ she's the only personal trainer page that I know that most of the content are alcoholic events out. I love joe wicks he goes for his night out and admits it the next day, that he's feeling rough, doesn't have good food choices but it back on plan again the next day , I just think she's a bit of a fake. But that's what the unfollow is for

I used to like her page and stories but honestly the amount of alcohol and alcoholic nights/outings out she has I just don't know how she keeps going and not put on any weight, I can only think she has one meal a day and balances the rest of the calories for alcohol 💁‍♀️ she's the only personal trainer page that I know that most of the content are alcoholic events out. I love joe wicks he goes for his night out and admits it the next day, that he's feeling rough, doesn't have good food choices but it back on plan again the next day , I just think she's a bit of a fake. But that's what the unfollow is for
It must be really expensive also go out so often in New York. Not sure what her husband works as but I guess she could potentially be making a lot with her online clients.

It must be really expensive also go out so often in New York. Not sure what her husband works as but I guess she could potentially be making a lot with her online clients.
Yes absolutely the cost of it all. I used to follow her alot at the beginning before they moved in NY, she said that they sold their house in cork before moving, so I guess they have the money and both working too for all the nights out, I just know if I had that alcohol a few days per week I'd be fit for nothing. No home workouts are going to cancel out that, that's why I wouldn't pay for any of her plans. Maybe they are people out there who can have a full night out and go running at 5am, but I don't know any

I've a toddler and a baby now too so my lifestyle is different to how I used to watch her at the beginning

Recently signed up to her app...she has me on about 1400 calories. Feel that's so low 😅😅

• Wow
Recently signed up to her app...she has me on about 1400 calories. Feel that's so low 😅😅
Thats sounds so crazy!! Unless your only meant have 2 spoons of food for breakfast, and 2 fork fulls for lunch and dinner 😬😬😬😬
Like even to calorie count that little into somewhere like myfitnesspal it's just so little

Yea I'm mad to loose a bit of weight. So wanted to give a online plan a go, but I was a bit shocked 😲😲 I'm in my thirties so have done plenty of fad diets lol but I think that could be really worrying for someone younger or could really trigger someone with any disordered eating habits

Yea I'm mad to loose a bit of weight. So wanted to give a online plan a go, but I was a bit shocked 😲😲 I'm in my thirties so have done plenty of fad diets lol but I think that could be really worrying for someone younger or could really trigger someone with any disordered eating habits
I thought the exact same when I did it. I didn't take heed of the meal plan because it was absolutely tit, 1400 is not sustainable for anyone and she knows this that's why she's recommending such low calories for a short plan. You'll lose weight but you won't be able to keep it off with that amount of calories. Slow and steady wins the race! Hope it goes well for you :)