Laura Delaney

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I seen it, I feel dreadful for her, what a horrible place to be in 😔

No I don't have insta , do tell..
She seems really depressed, crying and saying she wants to curl up in a ball, finds no joy in anything

Reactions: 1
No I don't have insta , do tell..
It was quite sad tbh. She was saying how depressed she is, crying her eyes out, saying she's got no happiness, can't find joy in anything, not even her kids. She said she just wants to lay in bed all day.

Hope she's got some decent support, must be hard with 3 kids on your own, especially the 2 little ones

she needs help. but then also she chose to have 3 kids.
Wouldn't fancy you as a Councillor 🤣 just because the girl had children doesn't mean she should expect to be depressed, I have three children and don't feel the way Laura does.

I hope her family see her insta and reach out and help her, she does seem in a very dark place. Maybe the big oaf she shares the kids with will step in and actually have his kids longer than a day or two while she gets some help, it angers me that mum's have to struggle with parenting AND mental health problems and some men get to visit their kids once a week/fortnight - no wonder the man child is full of giggles and acting like a two year old he literally takes no responsibility for those kids.

I detest alot of the things Laura does and don't particularly like her BUT i feel so sorry for her and angry on her behalf that the only person who seems to help her parent is her dad, the girl needs proper support and help as she is struggling

Reactions: 9
I haven't seen anything... don't have other social media apps however I'm sat with 1 child through the school holidays and I honestly do not envy her!! It is extremely hard and I'm totally on my own. She has the kids dad, her dad, a mum, sister... as much as I feel for her, she does have ppl so I do not understand the cries on socials, surely u would go to ur family!! Sometimes I get the impression it's the "poor me" routine with her when she does infact have help!!

I haven't seen anything... don't have other social media apps however I'm sat with 1 child through the school holidays and I honestly do not envy her!! It is extremely hard and I'm totally on my own. She has the kids dad, her dad, a mum, sister... as much as I feel for her, she does have ppl so I do not understand the cries on socials, surely u would go to ur family!! Sometimes I get the impression it's the "poor me" routine with her when she does infact have help!!
I do see your point, but also, it could be that she's asked for help and people aren't available. People work, have their own lives etc. I have family members who I know are struggling in the summer hols, and I'd love to be able to help them, give them a break but I work full time and just don't have the time. So it may be similar for some people in her life too?

Reactions: 2
She didn't mention having no one on her story, she said she felt like she wanted to die and got no joy from anything not even her children anymore, said she just wanted to get into bed and sleep - I only mentioned about her not having help as a previous comment said she chose to have 3 kids. Her mum lives in Ireland and I'm guessing her sister lives far away too. Her kids dad had them once a fortnight and alfies dad has ever met him. She only has her dad really and with 3 kids that is definitely got to be tough.

• Heart
The last I heard the ex had a new woman and many of us know how that goes, she has her dad that she sees occasionally. I think Laura hasn’t set clear boundaries with her kids and she’s let them run wild to an extent and it’s so hard to turn the tide when they’re not used to taking you seriously, you really have to start as you go on. For example her daughter was up half the night and Laura was exhausted ( totally understandable) yet she slept okay at her fathers house when he had her, this tells me that she’s taking the Mickey with Laura yeh it’s her safe space etc but you have to have some kind of routine and boundaries or kids will walk all over you they’re clever little gits some of them and quick to catch on 😂
I think Laura thought we were haters here when it’s been pointed out that she needs to stop letting the kids trash her home and to stop disrespecting her with zero consequences, the problem is they’re getting older and it’s clearly not getting any better.
We are not haters but just pointing out the obvious all our homes would be trashed if we let the kids do anything they wanted from throwing food, toys, drawing everywhere etc and nothing was said.
If Laura established a routine at least she would have a few hours in the evening to chill and everyone needs some me time that’s a given but she doesn’t have that down time to recharge her batteries.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I hope she's OK, I really like her and her honesty. It's not nice to think of her struggling when she's got the kids to look after as well.

I hope she's OK, I really like her and her honesty. It's not nice to think of her struggling when she's got the kids to look after as well.
Same I really like Laura I think she is too nice and that’s the crux of the problem, I genuinely believe that she loves her kids so much and she wants them to be happy so she is a bit of a pushover and they’ve taken advantage as kids do especially when they’re bright and catch on. I also hope she’s okay as it’s taken a toll on her mental health as it would to anyone.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
The last I heard the ex had a new woman and many of us know how that goes, she has her dad that she sees occasionally. I think Laura hasn’t set clear boundaries with her kids and she’s let them run wild to an extent and it’s so hard to turn the tide when they’re not used to taking you seriously, you really have to start as you go on. For example her daughter was up half the night and Laura was exhausted ( totally understandable) yet she slept okay at her fathers house when he had her, this tells me that she’s taking the Mickey with Laura yeh it’s her safe space etc but you have to have some kind of routine and boundaries or kids will walk all over you they’re clever little gits some of them and quick to catch on 😂
I think Laura thought we were haters here when it’s been pointed out that she needs to stop letting the kids trash her home and to stop disrespecting her with zero consequences, the problem is they’re getting older and it’s clearly not getting any better.
We are not haters but just pointing out the obvious all our homes would be trashed if we let the kids do anything they wanted from throwing food, toys, drawing everywhere etc and nothing was said.
If Laura established a routine at least she would have a few hours in the evening to chill and everyone needs some me time that’s a given but she doesn’t have that down time to recharge her batteries.
Totally agree. I think she needs more support, as well. She shouldn't have to completely fall apart for people to step in and try to help her. She's got 3 children and she's working. It's hard for her and she absolutely needs down time and a proper night's sleep. Kids definitely need better boundaries and she might need support setting them if she finds it difficult. I've only got one child and I work and sometimes I'm overwhelmed, so I can totally empathise with her.
I think she's a genuinely nice, decent human being and she's trying her best.