Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

nrs264

VIP Member
I think lockdown and covid has exposed hypocrisy and lack of creativity in a lot of vloggers. I do like L&r but I'm struggling over the last 6 months or so. Their wdw trips are all the same now, and it's not just me, my sister and mum also struggling with them and find their latest holiday plans completely bonkers. My brother in law is driven up the wall by the fact they seem unable to get their camera to focus half the time and the fact luke always seems sweaty on camera even sat still.

I have no issue with the flying business class but I'm tired of them saying they have simple lives etc when they have pretty much every tv package going, and buy a ridiculous amount of food and snacks at home all the time. Just own it, dont pretend to be humble or lead a simpler life than you do. I think they are nice guys but lack self awareness.

They have done Japan twice, first time they did go out of Disney for a chunk of it. The second trip was disney only tho. Shanghai, I personally couldnt go all that way and not see the city but they were only there over a long weekend. Also it was their first visit to china so they may have been nervous going outside the Disney bubble. I will say tough even in Shanghai there was a lot they didnt do and I only learnt that by watching others vlogs.

Reactions: 7

Pop!91

VIP Member
I wonder if this means they are still planning on their Disney Trip? Could be trying to justify a trip without parades/fireworks/characters etc because they need the time off, or genuinely looking at other options instead of Disney.

20157D96-D798-4515-B3F3-51509D951027.jpeg

I really sit on the fence with these two, I don’t think they are as bad as some other disney vloggers we discuss here. But I do find them a bit too nicely-nicely like it’s a bit fake for the camera. I get the impression they can be slightly awkward and rude (especially Luke) if things aren’t the way they want them.

I’ve noticed in a lot of vlogs Rich will turn the camera on Luke when he’s not expecting it and Luke has a face like thunder and you can quickly see him distort his face into a happy one!

Toffee finger

VIP Member
They had a bit of backlash when they went to the IOW just before the tiers went up last year so maybe don’t want to make the same mistake again!

nrs264

VIP Member
Tbh I dont have an issue with making and selling masks, its part of life now and plenty of other companies are. I'm just not sure why youd want that logo over your mouth 🤷‍♂️

Yes they both have preexisting and have been shielding which is why their decision to travel twice during a pandemic has annoyed me and made me question them

nrs264

VIP Member
Possibly a controversial opinion but with a lot of disney vloggers I get a sense its replacing something they are missing in their lives. I love Disney but I also have other interests and could never vlog about it daily or have every aspect of my life disney related. It's also interesting how many vloggers mention mental health or anxiety issues. I'm no psychologist but if i were it would be an interesting topic of study. Does disney offer a safety that they don't find in the real world. Especially when a lot don't seem to be that big a disney fans historically

nrs264

VIP Member
They've already put their decorations up so I'm not sure how much they're going to get out of vlogmas considering we are unlikely to be able to go anywhere

I'd say it was after their big Hawaii and California trip things started to change. Their recent friendships with adam hattan and some of the more toxic vloggers also doesn't help. I just wish they would go back to their old selves, although Luke has always come across as having slight controlling tendencies and possibly be a bit awkward

Mark81

VIP Member
They've gone on holiday again, this time to Boston for a city break. They say they're vlogging it.

Nice to see that they haven't jumped straight back into Disney and are spending time elsewhere, while certain other Disney vloggers have now been multiple times since the US opened the border o_O Luke looks to have lost a little bit of weight in his face since christmas based on the pictures they're posting.

Yes I'm looking forward to this. I also noticed in recent insta posts in London and now today's that Luke looks to have lost some weight but also looking a bit older. I don't know if that's due to the weight loss or if he has been unwell. Either way I'm glad to have them back, it actually feels comfortingly normal to have them back travelling and vlogging again

Lola123

VIP Member
They’re so far out of touch! That middle class lifestyle is really shining through (if not upper class at this rate)

Jayseajay

I really like L&R. They’re not OTT like most Disney vloggers and seem to genuinely enjoy all things Disney.
Me and my husband sing along to the theme tune haha. Dream awayyy 🎶
(Yes, I need a life 😂)

nrs264

VIP Member
I think there is a lack of self awareness, like being scared of flying to Paris but happy to fly to spain the week before and how privileged they are to live the lives they do and their lifestyle isnt as humble as they think.

Their vlogs are harmless and friendly on the whole, but incredibly samey

nrs264

VIP Member
I know what you mean but they're so calming I'm not minding. It's an easy escape for 20 mins or to have on in background.

One day, when I can be bothered, I'm tempted to enter their food for the day into myfitnesspal out of curiosity

• Haha

lalalandinmyhead

They should learn how to cook and film that. Then they could make some meals for the week and store them in their American style fridge/freezer.
I’m going to be blunt but they are without a doubt eating their way to an early grave. Their sugar addiction and need for food is just not normal. They need find something they enjoy that doesn’t revolve around food.

These food hauls are just nauseating

Imadreamer

I'm so glad this thread has started! I love these two. They've explained before that they don't spend much money at home and spend a lot of time getting good deals on flights/hotels. I don't have a problem with them going for the more luxurious options - they're using their own money and we'd all do it if we could.

ayeayecaptain

VIP Member
I enjoyed all their holiday vlogs from the beginning until I realised they were essentially all the same. They act like they deserve a saint hood anytime they fill out a cast member compliment card. I’m convinced that they rolled out the grandparents the last time cos it has their fb group members go weak at the knees - talking of which I had a nose on there earlier - when was the last time they acknowledged anyone on there? It freaks me out that people spend all that money to take identical holidays as them just to post on social media. Don’t get me started on who has the longest Bath & Bodyworks receipt…🙄

nrs264

VIP Member
does anyone else find the constant reposting of when people buy their merch really annoying? I get why they do it but to me it has the opposite effect and I just stop checking their stories. in fairness I feel the same about everyone who does this kind of thing. just makes looking at stories pointless

CuriosityKitty

VIP Member
I must admit I’ve enjoyed the last two vlogmas videos where they’ve traveled out. I just think the home ones are boring.

I feel like their talk of mental health is related to the fact that they couldn’t take their usual 4 luxury vacations. Welcome to the real world like the rest of us peasants...
To be fair we don't walk in their shoes and have no idea of the mental health challenges they may have faced or the reasons for it.

And I feel that if they want to go away four or more times a year as that is what makes them happy then good for them. I get that most can't do that as everyone's circumstances are different, but why should they not go if they are able if it's their escape and happy place?