Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

swimming

VIP Member
This could be an unpopular opinion but I can’t help that noticed that on their current Disney trip to Florida they were doing a lot of hinting about how much they want to stay at wilderness lodge hotel and ‘how it’s the dream’ etc. I’ve no doubt they can afford it considering they go 3+ times a year and fly business class and stay in top hotels.... it kinda reminds me a little of of the classic Disney YouTuber begging for freebies. A lot of their ‘mates’ have had Disney world holidays gifted to them by attraction tickets direct or whatever it’s called now and it’s coming across a little bit desperate and beggy with the “ohh it’s our DREAM to stay here”. That’s not the first time they’ve mentioned that either in videos. And they took a gifted day for sea world which I was shocked at, taking a gifted day to an anImal sanctuary? Really?

Don’t turn into Brogan Tate guys, continue to pay for your own holidays, please! You’re better than that!

Reactions: 9

Tabitha

VIP Member
I’m planning trips to aulani and Tokyo and get a lot of anxiety from airports, transfers etc and watching these two really puts me at ease so I know exactly what I need and what to do every step of the way. The really go into detail and want their trip vlogs to be super informative (would love suggestions for any similar).
Other Disney / travel vloggers make it about themselves all the time but I guess it depends what type of content you are after.

I do find them a little much though - sitting in their bedroom gushing over soft toys and alien backpacks like kids on Christmas Day… they seem to collect every type of everything and get so excited. BUT… it’s their money and it’s harmless.

the complaining about trips being cancelled is bit insensitive though when they already do 4-5 trips a year.

Reactions: 8

Lovethedramaaa

100% agreed with this. You can tell from Luke and Rich's YouTube how much they love Disney esp seeing them travel to so many Disney attractions that might be a bit overlooked in comparison to Orlando.

Shame it's a bit of a trend now to act OTT about Disney so you can get a free trip from ATD when there's YouTubers like Luke and Rich who produce quality content because it's their actual passion they spend their own hard earned money on.
As much as I like them they aren’t very relatable as they always fly first class! Like two or three times a year!

nrs264

VIP Member
No they haven't been laid off but both mentioned fighting for their jobs.

Yeah I thought neither looked the healthiest, especially Luke, which is a bit of a worry. I think they've both struggled with their mental health this year too based on the fact that they said they will be doing a future vlog on it.

That said, they are still so calming which is so nice to watch. And no shouting at camera like kids tv presenter antics like so many Disney vloggers.

Gem1495

I am really getting sick of them moaning about having to cancel their holidays. I know it’s gutting to cancel holidays but in the grand scheme of things. They have been fully refunded for all those holidays, there are people all over the world getting seriously ill, losing jobs and loved ones and I really think these two need a massive reality check. I completely understand it’s upsetting to cancel a holiday, I’ve had to cancel holidays myself but they need a wake up call because nothing is more important then health!!

• Heart

ayeayecaptain

VIP Member
I really hope they don’t get gifted holidays! They changed when they started getting the odd freebie and started their FB page with obsessive fans. They obviously have a set way of doing their trips hence the repetitiveness of them so who wants to pay vloggers to do the same thing they have already done? Then if they totally changed their itinerary it would be clear they are selling out for a freebie.
I obviously don’t know their personal circumstances and don’t claim to but if their mental health is taking a knock just because they can’t get to Disney then it would suggest there were underlying problems there to begin with. I can appreciate that their way of life hasn’t been as planned this year but that goes for the rest of the UK and just about the rest of the planet.

Laur91

VIP Member
Just discovered this thread. They said in a q&a last year they get business flights cheap from their credit card which is linked to the ba points scheme. Pay for everything with that credit card and keep it paid off. I have met them and they are the same off camera as on camera.
The wishing to stay at particular resorts is not freebie hunting its more what we all have of wanting the best.
i’d love to bump into them and say hello! I’m quite local to them too so hopefully one day I can!

I agree, they’re not the begging or bragging type but even if they *did* get a freebie every now and again I begrudge them the least for it as they pay for every single trip and vlog so much of them all!

I also imagine their air miles help them out too as they travel so much! Their videos make me so happy as they’re just drama-free, happy go lucky people by the looks of things!

Numpty1

I think they come across as really nice guys, but their consumerism is something else. They (Luke especially) definitely have a shopping addiction- there isn't 1 vlog so far which doesn't involve them getting deliveries or being out shopping.
I love shopping more than most, but these 2 would be Olympic medallists if it was a sport. I know it's their money, but putting what they buy on YT constantly, is not a good influencing example to set.

The need to have "stock" or backfill items baffled me - I remember when they had kallax units full to the brim of Bath & bodywork, and now they have it in their garage with "stock" drinks.

And don't even get me started on the sheer volume of sugar they must have each day!! Large costas, hot chocs, starbucks cans - all empty calories.

F1Grid

VIP Member
They've gone on holiday again, this time to Boston for a city break. They say they're vlogging it.

Nice to see that they haven't jumped straight back into Disney and are spending time elsewhere, while certain other Disney vloggers have now been multiple times since the US opened the border o_O Luke looks to have lost a little bit of weight in his face since christmas based on the pictures they're posting.

bumblebees19

VIP Member
I loved the vlog in a way that putting on a cosy old jumper makes you feel. It was easy to watch, nice to see people being able to authentically enjoy the things they have missed, it was well filmed and edited and I’m looking forward to part two!

somuchforsummerlove

Does someone want to tell them that “gifted” or not, Isle of Wight folks aren’t taking too kindly to people going over at the moment due to not wanting to ruin their Tier One status 😬 I have family over there and from what I’ve heard most pubs/restaurants/shops etc are actually asking for proof of address before letting you in. If you don’t live there then they won’t let you in

*edit to fix spelling mistakes!

• Wow

nrs264

VIP Member
Mental health. I really think their holidays are their escape from normal lives, which does make me question how truly happy you are if you constantly have to go away to escape your life

I am enjoying their vlogmas on the whole buy im sick of them saying how busy they are, it seems so over dramatic and...aren't we all

Chandler Bing

VIP Member
Does someone want to tell them that “gifted” or not, Isle of Wight folks aren’t taking too kindly to people going over at the moment due to not wanting to ruin their Tier One status 😬 I have family over there and from what I’ve heard most pubs/restaurants/shops etc are actually asking for proof of address before letting you in. If you don’t live there then they won’t let you in

*edit to fix spelling mistakes!
I'm severely behind on all vlogmas, so not seen it yet, but that is disgusting!

Also they have been so careful about not going anywhere but they are happy to go now cos its gifted? I think a lot of folks were warming back up to them at the start of vlogmas but this will make them turn off again that's not ok.

Yes I know it's perfectly allowed etc but my opinion is that just cos you can doesn't mean you should!

Pop!91

VIP Member
I see that Isle of Wight is jumping from Tier one to Tier 3 - they were trying so hard to stop holiday makers coming over.

it really puts into perspective how decisions like L&R popping over to the island, just to get some vlogmas content, can have big ramifications.

and I’ve said previously, they should’ve stayed home

• Sad

Anniebee

VIP Member
I thought their tree was lovely and so meaningful to them. Especially compared to another couple who bought their decorations in a job lot to match their apartment. We watched those two vlogmas uploads back to back. I was so sentimental towards Luke and Rich afterwards. I’ve always liked them and I was delighted to see them back.

I do get where people are coming from on this thread, but my affection for these two supersedes all of that. No P.O. Box conveniently set up for “cards” either. Happy just to get emails with pics.

You gotta like that.

JCAH2013

Chatty Member
Someone a few pages back asked about why they take so much luggage. They always take at least one empty suitcase to fill full of junk food and b&bw stuff. I’ve never understood it, fair enough if you go every other year to want to bring back things you can only get there and you like. But they go 3-4 times a year why not just save that stuff as things to enjoy on holiday? Not like they’re deprived. And their b&bw hauls are so ridiculous the picture of Luke with the receipt outside the shop 🤦🏼‍♀️ You do not need that many hand sanitisers and candles! They just leave them stuck in a drawer when they get home.

Does anyone else find their recent tweets way too OTT and fake? I’ve always been taught to believe of you have to try and prove how perfect your life or relationship is, it probably isn’t.

Marvelfan123

I am sad to be posting on this.. but I am so disappointed in them both. I’ve been a fan for years, never minded that their vlogs were similar (as it’s their holiday) but I am pretty angry about them flogging merch. I’ve never minded youtubers selling stuff, at all. But I have the issue with them, as they haven’t done ANY real vlogs for about 7 months, apart from to let us know their trips were cancelled and TO SELL MERCH. How can they think selling merch during a pandemic when they aren’t even uploading is ok? if you’re flogging stuff, you should actually be making the effort to speak/do lives/do even one vlog a month?! Even Disney tips or guide videos. Make the effort! They’ve done nothing for charity on their channel or instagram, not highlighted any good causes during this hard time,.. yet they think they can release merch when they literally have has zero content for 6 months. They seem to be happy to take our money during a time when many have no jobs.
Then today they said they didn’t vlog their trip to Harry Potter studios, well then don’t post a tonne of photos! Also they went with magical day apparel who made their merch, nice to know our orders paid for their day out..
Sorry for the rant but I bought their first tshirt back in July as it was limited for sale.. then 6 weeks later re stocked it and did a TONNE more merch. I was SO upset, I don’t have much money, and they lied to sell loads in a 2 week period. Obviously saw the £££ and restocked the same stuff and added more. Very deceiving and not very considerate. At least others have done charity walks/ you tube money to charities, even talked about local businesses. Looks like it’s all gone to their heads..

• Heart

Catlady1972

Yes @Catlady1972 it’s very frustrating to see they have gone this way. After loving their first Vlogmas we could not wait the following year until everyone was home from work/school every day to watch again. It’s well documented through this thread how disappointed I was with them & how torn I was at starting to realise I didn’t like them anymore. From their early days I quite frankly thought the sun shone out their backsides 🙈
I take it you are/were on the group - have you considered voicing your opinion on your purchase and do you know if there are any others who feel the same. I know it’s all very cliquey.
I used to be in the group but I left. That Dawn woman won’t let you even mention a shop to buy nice Disney stuff on, let alone another vlogger (even one that’s in their vlogs) I think they need to rethink their friendship with that tonic controlling woman.

I know a couple of my friends feel the same as me. No harm in making money from merch, but to not upload for 3 months and to vanish like that was extremely disrespectful to us viewers. I wish I could return my tshirt. I’m sure their vlogmas will do well but for me this year has shown me how lazy they are. How entitled they’ve sadly become. Whether you like him or not, at least Adam Hattan has done vlogs, others have done weekly home vlogs, a hello live here and there.. and even those Disney discussion people have done a live every Saturday to keep the Disney chat alive with multiple people.

These 2 are just idol and self absorbed. Took our money and ran. So very rude and I’m very upset by it.

Reactions: 7