Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
How strange, thought this wasn’t the rave thread. We were just shocked at how crap we thought the vlog was. Came here to talk about thoughts on it. Didn’t see the point in over 40 mins of dull vlogging. Seem like ok guys but what’s the point in uploading the same shopping, bbq sauce, cheesecake, food, repeating each other vlogs like 2 year ago.

Reactions: 2

Mark81

VIP Member
Luke has posted that his dad has recently died. This likely explains the mentions of cancer and stop vlogging.

• Sad
Even tonight’s thumbnail sent me to sleep!
They really haven’t made the effort to be relevant have they. The same thumbnails for years now, no time taken to even put a nice filter on the pics. Im guessing they don’t watch much YouTube, otherwise they would see how stale their chanel is now.

Still find it so odd they didn’t vlog for a year and now daily. They have shot themselves in the foot or maybe there’s some big ads coming. You can tell by the views, not even 25% of their subs are watching anymore.

julylyly

I tried really hard to enjoy tonight’s video after the backlash of my last comments. But sorry that was one of the worst vlogs I’ve ever watched. It’s their holiday ok, but it’s not YouTube worthy at all. (Nice guys yes) They got a train at 7.50am and already was on one back by 11.50 I think it was. That’s really sad and quite upsetting, also considering in that time they went to Dunkin donuts twice. Very sad. I even tried the Karen bee lady too who they are besties with and was the worst disney vlog I’ve ever watched. I’m out, snore
I know it's an L&R thread but i think Karen Bee's last few vlogs have been poor alright

ayeayecaptain

VIP Member
So glad actually that I have stuck to my guns & not watched this year. I remember their early days when the first thing I did when I got in from work was watch their Vlogmas.

Vlogmas is every day by definition If they didn’t do it every day it wouldn’t be vlogmas. I’ve criticised the Lodge Guys for saying they are doing vlogmas when they are only sticking to their existing schedule (though worse again cos they filmed their shite in November).
I honestly doubt L&R are doing it for the money. A quick look at their LinkedIn pages shows they will be on very good salaries so I suspect the YouTube money will be peanuts to them.
Well looking at their social blade they have gone from minimal views all year to 255,000 so far this month. They get about 15,000 views a day. Easily 400,000 views by the end of the month.

That’s probably about £2,500-3,000 for their vlogmas. Something like £7-6 a 1000 views I have looked up. I think they are back for that kind of money!

Maybe they will go back to their villa holidays with just random on property stays since you have lost most of the perks of being a hotel guest! Or will they go down the DVC route?

And yes, I think they will take more opportunities to go visit the other parks again!

Toffee finger

VIP Member
I thought they said the tickets were gifted through the friend they met at the boat?
Yea but I’m sure they said he works on the ferry so it’s associated with the company even if they haven’t directly asked L&R to advertise them. Either way it doesn’t look good!

From their stories today they sound pissed off and looks like they were relying on doing one of Disney cruises for content.

Vlogwatcher99

Thought I’d give them a go, I usually Like a travel day, but this was pretty boring, even though I can’t do business class I like to have a nose what the travellers get for their money, especially the food. Yet nothing, I turned off once they arrived in Boston, just a dull vlog.
They usually don’t eat on a plane, which I think is playing it up a but, but then load up on crap once they land. I think plane food had made big inroads since the 90s and early 2000s especially in Business or Upper. I know Rich has Crohn’s disease, so they stick to what they know he eats. But I do think plane food is better than some of the stuff they eat. I mean the Misters still eat on flights with David’s lactose issue. But I think they enjoy the treats and high sugary items in the US.

I have chrons and I would struggle eating the diet he does, all that sugar and coffee is not good and so much processed food as well.
100%, I'd be exactly the same! The fact he has to eat a 'safe' Macca's Nugget meal the night before the flight, and won't eat the plane food implies to me he does not have everything under control!

The sushi would not be more sensible. Generally, the more processed a food is, the easier it is to digest for someone who has Crohns. Salads, Veg, Sushi would send me to the bathroom if I was not 100% in remission.

I remembered they went last time as well. Not sure why they (I say "they", we know it's Luke) have kicked off on IG multiple times about the state of the parks. They clearly adore them and nothing will keep them away. They just moan for the sake of it.
they’ve gone from moaning about it, to calling it home

• Haha

bumblebees19

VIP Member
I can’t hate on them for this trip. I think given Luke’s recent loss, it’s probably comforting to be doing familiar things in a place they know. when I go back to a city or country I love I will have places I want to go back to.

I've always found her poor. She seems nice enough but she is not a good vlogger

Oh yeah I agree, their diet does need an overhaul but I do think Luke especially has lost some weight. But also agree they still don't look that well. Rich is in his mid to late 30s I think, pretty sure luke is early to mid 40s

I honestly think covid and lockdowns has hit them hard, and maybe more things have happened that we don't know about. Also agree I think this was a test to see how comfortable they felt travelling long haul again
Nope, both mid 30s 😰

• Wow

ayeayecaptain

VIP Member
I think they’ve had their day. I’ve already found a couple of newer vloggers and even though they cover the same stuff as others or I may have already seen for myself it’s nice to see it from a fresh perspective and I like the more amateur vlogs not a load of show off jazzy rubbish trying to hide the fact its the same repetitive crap they keep churning out. Plus will not forget the face masks or people spending a fortune on them sending to that PO Box 🤣

whatsever you

VIP Member
I think the reason they’re not vlogging is because Luke looks to have put a lot of weight on again. Perhaps he’s self conscious and instagramming the trip means he doesn’t have to be in them as much?