Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

swipeup

VIP Member
Well done you. In a bog standard villa in Kissimmee for a week. And your current view is into the next door neighbour's pool. Way to go guys, really giving the haters something to be jealous about there.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
At least they don't preach sustainability I guess

Funny our family, 3 different households all used to watch them and really like them. And all have gone off them and noticed an attitude change. And I'm the only one who follows their social media so it means rest of my family just noticed a change in their vlogs.

Also see they've spent what? 3 days at universal. Loads of insta stories again. Really wasn't any different to another trip
‘We’re not vlogging because we need some quality time’ proceed to microvlog every single second via stories

• Haha
Reactions: 9

Mark81

VIP Member
This week of escape, just to chill etc has consisted of constant shopping, 1 day at epcot and 2 or 3 days (I've lost count) at universal. Barely been at the villa to take advantage of that pool for more than a few hours a day.

I'm so disappointed, they used to be one of the only decent vloggers

Mark81

VIP Member
Their 'announcement' was a bit something of nothing and cringe. It felt like a Facebook hun attempt for attention and sympathetic 'what's wrong' replies with the dramatic ' we need a break'.

I do like them, and their vlogs are one of the better of the UK lot. But man they make it hard to like them at times

Mark81

VIP Member
Knew they would! Good job I screenshot it then 🤣

View attachment 2247431
Oh boy they do make it hard to like them and stand up for them at times.

I have no issue with them going for a week, or just doing a villa. I completely get the comfort zone thing and needing it sometimes. Their consumption is worrying at times (both food and shopping, which they've done every dayghis trip) but their lives at the end of the day.

BUT this is not how to handle criticism and they need to have a think about how they portray themselves on social media. I like their vlogs but their twitter and Instagram does get self righteous and pompous at times.

They absolutely don't have to represent the gay community, I'd go to florida tomorrow and hate the pack culture that the LGBTQ+ community has created. But again they themselves have made a big deal about floridas politics, about not going etc. And what do they do, head straight there.

I think what made it worse for me was they kept saying "we will be back", "we definitely will be back" BUT YOU ARE THERE NOW!! Why are you not just forgoing your afternoon nap to enjoy it now. Did the last 2 years and closed borders and cancelled trips teach you anything!

Mark81

VIP Member
Also British customs aren't looking for Brits hauls of super sugary sweets and excessive hand gel.

They'd just have to be unlucky to land at the same time as flights from specific destinations, or be looking especially dodgy, to be pulled over.

• Haha

ayeayecaptain

VIP Member
They always stamp their feet at the slightest inconvenience to them. If it was a vlog it would be Luke absolutely raging but trying & failing to keep his nice guy demeanour with Rich repeating everything he says 20 times 😂

• Haha

Mark81

VIP Member
I think they know they've contradicted themselves and are having a hissy fit.

Here's the thing

* criticism IS NOT HATE!! (Ironically you're in a state with a leader hovering around the hate button)

* maybe just have a think about what you say and what you do. Take your own advice

* maybe keep your political views and posturing to yourself if you're not going to follow your own advice

* as a fan im disappointed in this entitled pompous attitude youve developed in recent years. Maybe reflect a little.

Try it, you may like it

Screenshot_20230620_200126_Chrome.jpg

• Wow

Furnessian

VIP Member
Apparently them being hypocrites is OUR problem and we are being meanies pointing that out.

As someone above said, if they just said “we love Florida too much so we have changed our minds” that would be preferable to blaming everybody else.

Reactions: 8

ayeayecaptain

VIP Member
What Rich buys for tonight’s dinner on his lunchbreak
Luke begrudges Rich going to his works Xmas party
Drive by Harry Potter house
Saturday in London
Today’s thrilling advent calendar contents
Gingerbread house kept under the washing basket
Disney Tree
Mug cupboard tour
Picky Tea
Festive Starbucks/Costa
Costco/Ikea
Is Luke sponsored to say FESTIVE as often as he can?
Will the last vlogmas end at an airport hotel as a ‘surprise’?

There’s Vlogmas for ya 🎄🤣🎄

• Haha

bumblebees19

VIP Member
Interesting seeing them kick off over disney yesterday. Disney giving money to anti gay companies or something. Do they not understand how Florida works? Very narrow minded and hilarious. Considering they support anti businesses all the time like chic fil a and Cracker Barrel.

I do think they love drama. Never post about anything that doesn’t support them and their believes. What about other things in the world? Kicking off over disney giving a bit of money to a person who is anti gay, I think they need to take a step back and look at the world right now.
I disagree. I think it’s great that they have publicly highlighted this and the ‘Don’t say Gay’ bill is a huge deal in Florida. Disney is the foundation of their platform and as gay men, it makes absolute sense they want to talk about it.

And wouldn’t it be great if it makes them think twice about other places they spend money.

It’s possible to care about both the Russian Invasion of Ukraine and the suppression of LGBT+ rights in Florida, too.

Furnessian

VIP Member
Not that they've shown. Tbh only doing Disney doesn't bother me. Do what you like. But the constant shopping seems so excessive. Over consumption
It’s the “we’re not doing Disney this time” thing and then proceeding to do nothing but Disney, Just shows how contradictory they are and then they get arsey when anyone points that out. But yes, whatever they want to do, I suppose.

All that Bath and Bodyworks stuff- how do they get through so much of it? I remember their home vlogs during Covid when they were both working from home with baskets full of little B&BW hand sanitizers. What are you santitizing yourselves from? You’re at your own desk in your own house.

• Haha

Mark81

VIP Member
They'll do the standard end of October trip.

Maybe with his grandparents for the 'one last time' for the millionth time.

I hate being negative as I used to really like them, even if they could be a bit moany at times. But this last year they seem to have changed.

They also said they wouldn't vlog this trip as they just needed to chill. But with the amount of stories they may as well have.

They better not pull a Disney In Detail and start banging on about sustainability and the planet because that would be the last hypocritical straw

Last edited:

somuchforsummerlove

So they’ve spent months on insta stories quite rightfully calling out all the anti LGBT stuff going on in Florida, DeSantis, how it’s not safe for LGBTQ+ people etc and saying that they wouldn’t be going back anytime soon because of it and strongly encouraging others to boycott Florida too, only to fly out to Florida today??

• Haha

CrinkleCut88

VIP Member
Totally agree. As someone in a (different) minority group it’s exhausting having to be the perfect representative for your community and/or an activist 24/7. I don’t think they’ve handled this perfectly but definitely don’t deserve the level of criticism.
Nobody is asking them to be a representative or 24/7 activist. People are asking them to pick a lane and stick to it OR to piss off and have a holiday in private like normal none attention seeking people do.
They sit on their throne looking down at every one and every thing except for when they are reading about themselves on here.
Hi fellas 👋 Sorry about the shitty pool view you got and the total lack of privacy from neighbouring properties.

Reactions: 7