Kylie Flavell #5 Plundering Patreons with Vapidly Vacuous Vlogs

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
exactly beautiful scenery (not difficult in italy), but I would have liked to see more of the nearby town, maybe some typical food or something. Watching people sing or play guitar or whatever over dinner whilst lamenting how awful modern life is was just boring.
Lol @emm it's not my idea of a fun night out! 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 1
It is interesting what you and Rina are saying about 'Saint Kylie'... I haven't mentioned this before, but I have thought that K. might have a God Complex, which I understand goes hand-in-hand with NPD. I think from recent posts, I may have given the impression that I feel uneasy about posting here. When I first contributed, I was not Pliny but AnnaKarennina. I appeared on around p.3 of the first thread that @emm set up. You may think me paranoid, and I really wonder if I am. However, I believe K. recognised me, possibly from my prose style or something, and I imagined she was getting at me in one of her vlogs. It was the vlog where they looked around that old villa and tried to sell the restaurant as a business venture. You may recall that K filmed a chapel interior with a fresco on the wall that showed The Last Supper. The camera lingered on this fresco. There was an Italian inscription from one of the Synoptic Gospels where Jesus says (I paraphrase), "I tell you the truth, one of you will betray me."
She included the English translation, which she superimposed over the film of the fresco and lingered on it for rather a long time. Maybe it was my guilty conscience for being disloyal, a tendency to overthink things, or just paranoia. However, I felt uncomfortable and as though it were a message to me. Most likely, I am overestimating my significance, but it concerned me. I cancelled my membership to this site for a while and later came back as Pliny. However, I did wonder if she had a God complex. It was about at that time when she started complaining about all the haters on here. Anyhow, I hope I was wrong and am just being daft.
Honestly I don't think you are being paranoid, this is 100% the kind of thing I would imagine she does! (also congrats on not being scared away and coming back) I know nothing about art/art history etc so never contribute but you and others' posts have been really interesting to me, so even when I don't comment I really appreciate them

• Heart
Reactions: 4
It is interesting what you and Rina are saying about 'Saint Kylie'... I haven't mentioned this before, but I have thought that K. might have a God Complex, which I understand goes hand-in-hand with NPD. I think from recent posts, I may have given the impression that I feel uneasy about posting here. When I first contributed, I was not Pliny but AnnaKarenina. I appeared on around p.3 of the first thread that @emm set up. You may think me paranoid, and I really wonder if I am. However, I believe K. recognised me, possibly from my prose style or something, and I imagined she was getting at me in one of her vlogs. It was the vlog where they looked around that old villa and tried to sell the restaurant as a business venture. You may recall that K filmed a chapel interior with a fresco on the wall that showed The Last Supper. The camera lingered on this fresco. There was an Italian inscription from one of the Synoptic Gospels where Jesus says (I paraphrase), "I tell you the truth, one of you will betray me."
She included the English translation, which she superimposed over the film of the fresco and lingered on it for rather a long time. Maybe it was my guilty conscience for being disloyal, a tendency to overthink things, or just paranoia. However, I felt uncomfortable and as though it were a message to me. Most likely, I am overestimating my significance, but it concerned me. I cancelled my membership to this site for a while and later came back as Pliny. However, I did wonder if she had a God complex. It was about at that time when she started complaining about all the haters on here. Anyhow, I hope I was wrong and am just being daft.
I would have felt the same lol. Re: her recognizing me. She has def had a good read through the threads.

Reactions: 2
As @Rina Valtellina mentioned, "Saint Kylie" seems to be the exact image she has given to her superfans looking at comments. Mother Kylie of Calcutta, perhaps. Shiny image with some real tarnish underneath.

I really dislike how her viewers seem to infantile Italians or view everything as "cute" and painted all the same. Kylie should show the real everyday North. But of course it doesn't fit with her rotary telephone, no tv no stress image.
As much as I would like to take the credit :sneaky:, it was @Felicitas that gave her the moniker of St Kylie. I think it is very apt.

I think this video screams privilege and entitlement. Modern society allows her to live this life yet she disses it. She reminds me of so many "wellness" gurus from Byron Bay but she wears Rouje instead of white linen. So she went on a little holiday, to a castle, in the mountains :rolleyes:. Yes it is a very beautiful place and used for a very worthy cause therefore perfect for her to use as the backdrop for another Kylie sermon. She must think that she sounds more cultured and intelligent when she speaks in that ridiculous manner which seems to be becoming more and more over the top. I think I even heard her roll her rs at one point. She's speaking in English :ROFLMAO:

And then, speaking of rolling, we have the forever list of the names of her flock, keeping them close. I noticed some were capitalised, I guess they give more dosh. Something for the others to aspire to 😳

Last edited:
Yes, you're right! I didn't follow Kylie on IG when I began watching, but as she moved to the hills with Guido I began to check. I founds loads of stories that also tied things together. She def posted a lot more, right up until March/April this year. She doesn't even post her opening all her mail(gifts) anymore.

@PlinyinTorquay I haven't ever seen Patreon levels as high as K's either. And the channels I did watch actually offered either exclusive podcasts or if they were language and culture channels, offered mini lessons, quizzes etc.
@Denise0211 @Rina Valtellina agree those postings by Kylie of opening her mail with Guido publicly are awful and quite uncomfortable to watch on many levels🤔 Her reading out those people’s personal letters (presumably without their permission) combined with all of the sycophantic compliments about herself were both intrusive and embarrassing at the same time.

An example of parasocial relationships with “influencers” that could go wrong. In fact, I think the scathing comments here about how she used that poor Austrian woman’s truckload of goods to enhance her own ego, stopped her doing it again.

The unwrapping of all and any gifts with G watching on (she seemed to be showing off to him too, saying “look at all of these gifts and how incredibly popular I am”) her manic OTT ooohs and aaahs response and giggle at every doily and teatowl she was given were laughably ludicrous😬

K was trying to copy the fashion “influencers” (most inappropriate word for most of them ) who film themselves opening gifts/promotional stuff from Dior, Chanel etc. Watching that is bad enough, but it doesn’t quite work when people are sending you second hand aprons and very personal notes and you are reading out their fawning comments about yourself....😳

Honestly I don't think you are being paranoid, this is 100% the kind of thing I would imagine she does! (also congrats on not being scared away and coming back) I know nothing about art/art history etc so never contribute but you and others' posts have been really interesting to me, so even when I don't comment I really appreciate them
@emm @PlinyinTorquay We have all learnt that beneath Kylie’s softly-modulated voice and gooey sentiments is the real person who is actually tough, thick-skinned and out for what she can get (think of those articles about dating rich men in Rome🙈) and that she is quite vindictive as all narcissists are when crossed or even mildly critiqued and their “truth” queried. It’s called narcissist’s rage and I wouldn’t want to be Guido when she finally unleashes it on him and shows her true character☄

Last edited:
  • Heart
It’s called narcissist’s rage and I wouldn’t want to be
Er …. @Alessandro I thought, if indeed I am not being paranoid, her likening me to Judas Iscariot and herself to Jesus Christ was a tad OTT though. 🤣

but it doesn’t quite work when people are sending you second hand aprons
. As I said I sent her a present. It was a pair of really cute espresso cups from the Ginori Oriente Italiano range. https://www.ginori1735.com/us/en/es...te-oriente-italiano-004rg00-fx917601g00123600. Although the little lids are a tad precious because espresso is a short drink I loved the fact that they reminded me of the Far East and Pagodas. I got a public mention on Instagram and blushed a lot. But I just enclosed a card thanking her for her work with my business card.

Attachments

• Wow
Er …. @Alessandro I thought, if indeed I am not being paranoid, her likening me to Judas Iscariot and herself to Jesus Christ was a tad OTT though. 🤣

. As I said I sent her a present. It was a pair of really cute espresso cups from the Ginori Oriente Italiano range. https://www.ginori1735.com/us/en/es...te-oriente-italiano-004rg00-fx917601g00123600. Although the little lids are a tad precious because espresso is a short drink I loved the fact that they reminded me of the Far East and Pagodas. I got a public mention on Instagram and blushed a lot. But I just enclosed a card thanking her for her work with my business card.
Oh really is that what she said😱 @PlinyinTorquay I didn’t get that! That is indeed beyond OTT 😅 We are going to deep places with Judas Iscariot and Jesis Christ; I do think KyLie has a hugely inflated sense of self which is her downfall.

Well those cups look like they would be very stylish too. I can understand how it is easy to be taken in by K at first with all the talk of slow living and picturesque drone shots of Italy...But along with everyone here, that wears off and something doesn’t feel quite right and true, and not answering messages or deleting them and the vlogs getting more and more dull leads us to where we are today...

Last edited:
Oh really is that what she said😱 @PlinyinTorquay I didn’t get that! That is indeed beyond OTT 😅
Well it was more implied @Alessandro when she showed the painting in the family chapel in the villa, with the scene of the Last Supper and lingering over a superimposed translation of the inscription on the painting, concerning betrayal. I had read somewhere once that people with Narcissistic Personality Disorder can have God fantasies. I really hope she didn’t throw the cups away in a fit of pique. Do you know the Ginori boutique in Firenze? It’s really beautiful. I dealt directly with them and they kindly delivered them to G’s office for me.

Well it was more implied @Alessandro when she showed the painting in the family chapel in the villa, with the scene of the Last Supper and lingering over a superimposed translation of the inscription on the painting, concerning betrayal. I had read somewhere once that people with Narcissistic Personality Disorder can have God fantasies. I really hope she didn’t throw the cups away in a fit of pique. Do you know the Ginori boutique in Firenze? It’s really beautiful. I dealt directly with them and they kindly delivered them to G’s office for me.
Well this is the vlog I am referring to if you start looking at about 13 mins in (13:11 to be precise). This was just after I had subscribed to Tattle under my first pseudonym of Anna Karenina. K had already mentioned the haters on here. I know I have a tendency to be oversensitive, but I was deeply concerned that this was a message for me ...

Last edited:

Well this is the vlog I am referring to if you start looking at about 13 mins in (13:11 to be precise). This was just after I had subscribed to Tattle under my first pseudonym of Anna Karenina. K had already mentioned the haters on here. I know I have a tendency to be oversensitive, but I was deeply concerned that this was a message for me ...
Mmmmm @PlinyinTorquay I think that could be for the, no doubt, many people KyLie
(autocorrect from Kylie to KyLIE now😅) who she feels have betrayed her...Narcissists tend to believe anyone that doesn’t see them as a “God” is their enemy anyway...

As much as I would like to take the credit :sneaky:, it was @Felicitas that gave her the moniker of St Kylie. I think it is very apt.

I think this video screams privilege and entitlement. Modern society allows her to live this life yet she disses it. She reminds me of so many "wellness" gurus from Byron Bay but she wears Rouje instead of white linen. So she went on a little holiday, to a castle, in the mountains :rolleyes:. Yes it is a very beautiful place and used for a very worthy cause therefore perfect for her to use as the backdrop for another Kylie sermon. She must think that she sounds more cultured and intelligent when she speaks in that ridiculous manner which seems to be becoming more and more over the top. I think I even heard her roll her rs at one point. She's speaking in English :ROFLMAO:

And then, speaking of rolling, we have the forever list of the names of her flock, keeping them close. I noticed some were capitalised, I guess they give more dosh. Something for the others to aspire to 😳
Ooops! Mea culpa @Felicitas

Funny you mentioned the gurus wearing white linen. Her parents often donned that in old IG stories they were briefly featured in. 😂

Mmmmm @PlinyinTorquay I think that could be for the, no doubt, many people KyLie
(autocorrect from Kylie to KyLIE now😅) who she feels
I am happier with your ‘persecution complex’ interpretation than my own Alessandro which is possibly a reflection of my uneasiness at doing this at all. She does pause for a full 10 or 11 seconds on this fresco and the quotation which is a long time in the context of a comparatively short film, so I do think some point is being made.

Funny you mentioned the gurus wearing white linen.
I love white linen but invariably feel rather crumpled and untidy in it. There’s an exquisite shop near me in Doha, called 100% Capri which deals in ethereally beautiful linen. Linen for millionaire gurus if that isn’t a contradiction in terms. I haven’t purchased any though acquired some stunning glass from there.

Methinks I’d better log out and get on with some work!

CB7CF8A8-EE8E-4A3A-A96F-96FA66B8AB72.jpeg

Last edited:
Just watched the full 11 minutes of the Trentino video.

What a joke !

No one is stressed out, except the owner, whom she admits, bears all the responsibility.

No doubt, there is a fee to be paid to play on the swings and lay on the grass looking up at the stars !

KyLIE asks if they’re having lunch at the top of the mountain, as if there’s a restaurant crew waiting up there just for her.

Potatoman is hilarious at the scything contest; they pair him up with a 10 year old boy. He hacks away at the grass and nothing is cut. Maybe because he didn’t have a clue as to how to sharpen the scythe.

So, Nirvana for KyLIE is washing dishes together in a communal setting. Just like 100 years ago where people played on swings, participated in games and sat on the grass with nothing to do.

I guess if she can hawk Patreon money each month, from naive contributors, she can afford to have this delusion. Trouble is, she needs cameras, editing software and equipment, electricity, cars, television and the internet to do it; along with other people out earning an income.

Reactions: 6
Yeey new thread. Haven't even read your comments yet, but I'm watching the latest vlog about Trentino right now, and I had to stop mid-way to come here and SCREAM. The judgemental passive-aggressive superiority is OFF THE CHARTS. She really takes every opportunity to take a dig at (her cartoon version) of "modern life". "I imagine that this is what tribal life was like 100 years ago." WTF? "Nowadays all families know how to do is argue." "Not in the gym, but real activity outdoors." She truly is the snootiest bey-otch to ever make it to lady of the manor.

All of this makes a lot more sense though, when you take the view that her intended audience is not people of her own age/origin, but MAGA-boomers...She's playing their stupid values like a fiddle....

Reactions: 6
And KyLIE wants to be a spiritual guru. As long as she pursues friends with property and money and can piggyback on their charitable efforts, she can espouse the benefits of poverty and will be full of new age insights to lure and exploit unsuspecting patrons into her realm of faux richness and propel herself into her own nirvana of materialism.

Yeey new thread. Haven't even read your comments yet, but I'm watching the latest vlog about Trentino right now, and I had to stop mid-way to come here and SCREAM. The judgemental passive-aggressive superiority is OFF THE CHARTS. She really takes every opportunity to take a dig at (her cartoon version) of "modern life". "I imagine that this is what tribal life was like 100 years ago." WTF? "Nowadays all families know how to do is argue." "Not in the gym, but real activity outdoors." She truly is the snootiest bey-otch to ever make it to lady of the manor.

All of this makes a lot more sense though, when you take the view that her intended audience is not people of her own age/origin, but MAGA-boomers...She's playing their stupid values like a fiddle....
Yes, all of this. I noticed most of her more active subs are exactly as you described...

I really don't know where she has been living. Italians are so active, for the most part. Biking, walking, playing calcetto, running, skiing... SHE was a gym goer, as per one our Rome based members @Antonio @Alessandro (Sorry I can't remember which relayed the account of going to the gym in bootie shorts and bose headphones lol)

But not only Italians being sporty and active...she should look at her fellow Australians....the ones she dismissed as being sport obsessed and uncultured. 🙄

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
Premiere

The GAWKY AWARD

for AWKWARD
WALKING, TALKING & HAWKING

I don’t know about you, but I laugh out loud every time I see this

Last edited:
  • Haha
She really takes every opportunity to take a dig at (her cartoon version) of "modern life".
Quite! She seems to be impervious to just how hackneyed these generalizations are and tone deaf to how condescending she sounds.

Reactions: 3
Good morning, as a distraction, I’m sharing this pretty 17-C pen and ink drawing that a dealer brought to my attention at the weekend of the Farnese Gardens and Arch of Titus in Rome. I thought of @Antonio and @Alessandro when I saw it.

The Farnese Gardens and the Arch of Titus, Rome
with inscription ‘Bar. Breemberg 1663.’
black chalk, pen and brown ink, brown ink framing lines

12.6 x 21.3 cm
1EB3C831-1379-4E9E-85D7-4706AAF8921D.jpeg
256373C7-3008-4947-AB50-60EB55828F2A.jpeg
F0AE8157-31EC-48EB-A6EF-AF68611CE583.jpeg

Last edited:
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.