Kylie Flavell #5 Plundering Patreons with Vapidly Vacuous Vlogs

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@Alessandro oh yes ... I totally agree with you. I loathe the fawning under the videos more than the videos actually, and I completely agree with your first statement entirely. I would love to live in Italy but I realise that it's possibly not a sensible decision for me, having visited many times over the years, unless I were rich enough to buy a place and have a private income to support myself while I write or whatever. I do think it's dangerous - especially the business proposition over the rental for the restaurant in an out of the way place which would be hard enough to make a success of at the best of times, let alone in the middle of a pandemic and a recession which will doubtless follow.

I would also like to underline that I do choose my words carefully and with sensitivity and when I realised that the ONE thing that I have said in hundreds of posts that could be construed as insensitive I followed up with an apology IMMEDIATELY, One only has a short timespan to make edits here, unfortunately.

Jerry I have been posting here for longer than you have. We are only allowed one username on this site. I have nothing to do with the characters you site above. Generally we are all singing from the same hymn sheet. Will you kindly stop bullying me now.
Yes you have to be quick here which is sometimes difficult when you are trying to express complex if not inchoate ideasπŸ€”

As far as the other issue goes, Antonio took it gracefully, as I recall, and made no complaint. I wouldn’t think about it again. Your impetuosity (while still being thoughtful!) is one of your most charming characteristics as an interlocutorπŸ˜‰

Reactions: 3
Your impetuosity (while still being thoughtful!) is one of your most charming characteristics as an interlocutor
Thank you so much @Alessandro, indeed @Antonio accepted my apology with grace. You must realize that I really love chatting with you guys because of the breadth of your cultural range and wonderful powers of expression.

πŸ’•

Thank you so much @Alessandro, indeed @Antonio accepted my apology with grace. You must realize that I really love chatting with you guys because of the breadth of your cultural range and wonderful powers of expression.

πŸ’•
just to add to that …. What I was trying, albeit inelegantly, to say …. We can curate ourselves on these fora. I called myself Pliny, yet I am a woman. I aligned myself with fish and if I’m honest I don’t like fish too much …. Especially fishy fish and molluscs and crustaceans! 🦞 I went to Torquay once when I was about 5. So there you have it! 🀣

Last edited:
Reactions: 4

πŸ’•
Yes it is a great pleasure and long may it go on!πŸ’š

Let us all have no spats here (or at least quickly resolve them) and carry on peaceably as we have done successfully so far😌

I was in Siracusa two years ago, mailing a parcel from a Mailox outlet, when an elderly British lady came in and interrupted and soon started correcting the speech of the owner who was helping me. He was Sicilian/Italian and she was telling him he spoke incorrectly.

I was offended for him and asked her what gave her the right to correct an Italian in use of his own language. She replied that she was taking some Italian courses.

Strange how some with the worst manners can also be the most didactic.

• Wow
Reactions: 1
Yes it is a great pleasure and long may it go on!πŸ’š

Let us all have no spats here (or at least quickly resolve them) and carry on peaceably as we have done successfully so far😌
Here here ! I second the notion may interlocutors not lock horns.

Fortunately everyone has there own conch 🐚🐚🐚 or if you prefer spout to blow 🐳🐳🐳 fiddle to play 🎻🎻🎻.
Here is mine
The last image was taken at the wonderful museum in Florence http://www.museumsinflorence.com/musei/opificio_delle_pietre_dure.html
An uncrowned and cool space on a hot day I would highly recommend this lesser known museum . It exhibits semi precious stone inlays or Scagliola a truly lavish set of displays .

Attachments

I know I probably share far too much personal stuff on here, but if I seemed somewhat out of sorts, yesterday was a difficult day for me. It always has been a difficult day for the past few years as it would have been the anniversary of my wedding day. A bit of culture to add to the mix, my undergrad. degree was in English Literature and French, and I began a Masters in English Lit which I did not complete. I was a big fan of Thomas Hardy back in the day, especially the novel, and then the Polanski movie, Tess of the D'Urbervilles. I have always found the passage, quoted below, from Tess striking:

β€œShe philosophically noted dates as they came past in the revolution of the year. Her own birthday and every other day individualized by incidents in which she had taken some share. She suddenly thought, one afternoon, that there was another date, of greater importance than all those; that of her own death; a day which lay sly and unseen among all the other days of the year, giving no sign or sound when she annually passed over it; but not the less surely there. When was it?” ― Thomas Hardy, Tess of the D'Urbervilles

More prosaically, is anyone experiencing difficulties and extreme slowness on the Tattle pages when using a laptop? I keep getting lots of pop-up ads and messages saying that the page is being constantly reloaded because it’s using up too much memory on my machine.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I don't really want to get involved, but just to say one of the rules of tattle is that we are not supposed to "monitor" each other's posts in this way, if you think something is inappropriate etc report it to the mods

Reactions: 2
I don't really want to get involved, but just to say one of the rules of tattle is that we are not supposed to "monitor" each other's posts in this way, if you think something is inappropriate etc report it to the mods
Understood, @emm. I didn't really see it as such. I am new to this kind of thing and it is not usually the sort of thing I get involved in. It won't recur 😒

Understood, @emm. I didn't really see it as such. I am new to this kind of thing and it is not usually the sort of thing I get involved in. It won't recur 😒
don't worry :) doesn't bother me but I think mods can end up blocking you for breaking rules (not 100% sure but it is usually like this in other forums) hope you are feeling better today

Reactions: 1
Yeah the rules are on the main page somewhere @PlinyinTorquay , which I only read myself several weeks ago. πŸ˜…

I wonder if Kylie will post a preview of tomorrow's video...if there will be one. Going back to the patreon purse, it's really amazing to me how little she offers. Maybe 1 video a week (if that) and 1 IG post to promote it. Nikki P and some other Italy based influencers I follow add to their Stories constantly (esp around Ferragosto, ahem) and/or upload consistently. The only time Kylie posted more than once in a while on IG is when she obviously had to promote her stay at the Belmond Splendido.

Yeah the rules are on the main page somewhere @PlinyinTorquay , which I only read myself several weeks ago. πŸ˜…

I wonder if Kylie will post a preview of tomorrow's video...if there will be one. Going back to the patreon purse, it's really amazing to me how little she offers. Maybe 1 video a week (if that) and 1 IG post to promote it. Nikki P and some other Italy based influencers I follow add to their Stories constantly (esp around Ferragosto, ahem) and/or upload consistently. The only time Kylie posted more than once in a while on IG is when she obviously had to promote her stay at the Belmond Splendido.
can we place bets on what the video will be? My money is another watching-paint-dry video of her painting the car πŸ˜…
It is so ridiculous how dull her content has become, she lives in one of the most culturally rich beautiful countries in the world and this is what she comes up with :rolleyes:

This is something that I have found quite curious. She was a prolific instagrammer. Apart from daily posts, she would upload stories everyday that seemed to go on forever. I always assumed that she was lonely and had a lot of time to kill, it definitely seemed that way. Stories of her running along the Tevere lip synching to bad rap, having a bath in her candle filled apartment, waiting at the top of the stairs for the delivery guy, making a coffee to drink on her terrazzo, you name it she posted it! My partner would ask me every morning when he would see me looking at instagram, "What's Kylie doing today?"Btw, he wasn't at all interested! Now it's as though instagram is only there to let her followers know when the next vlog will be. Even though this following statement is still on her youtube blurb. Lazy Kaylie.

You can follow me over on Instagram for daily inspiration from Italy and around the world to make you dream, learn a language, cook, travel, move to a foreign country, film, edit or pursue your passion:

But you won't find anything :sneaky:

Last edited:

@Denise0211 Thanks for the head's up.

Crikey, I couldn't begin to place bets. Kylie's output has been fairly random imho. It's often a mini road trip with Guido, cooking something. some kind of DIY or renovation. I agree that with the richness of culture that surrounds her she should be spoilt for potential videos but she does need to give her cultural vlogs more thought and definitely more research or they seem so shallow - difficult to turnover in a week if not experienced. I'm intrigued about the 'Temperence" video that she's mentioned. Now that could be fascinating. 🀣

Going back to the patreon purse, it's really amazing to me how little she offers. Maybe 1 video a week (if that) and 1 IG post to promote it. Nikki P and some other Italy based
To be honest @Denise0211 Apart from following Estee Lalonde back in the day, mainly for Reggie πŸ’•, I don’t know if Vlogers who accept Patreon money for their work try to give value. I guess I looked at a couple of other vlogers and I have to say that in those cases the Patreon tiers were oh so modest compared to K’s.

Last edited:
This is something that I have found quite curious. She was a prolific instagrammer. Apart from daily posts, she would upload stories everyday that seemed to go on forever. I always assumed that she was lonely and had a lot of time to kill, it definitely seemed that way. Stories of her running along the Tevere lip synching to bad rap, having a bath in her candle filled apartment, waiting at the top of the stairs for the delivery guy, making a coffee to drink on her terrazzo, you name it she posted it! My partner would ask me every morning when he would see me looking at instagram, "What's Kylie doing today?"Btw, he wasn't at all interested! Now it's as though instagram is only there to let her followers know when the next vlog will be. Even though this following statement is still on her youtube blurb. Lazy Kaylie.

You can follow me over on Instagram for daily inspiration from Italy and around the world to make you dream, learn a language, cook, travel, move to a foreign country, film, edit or pursue your passion:

But you won't find anything :sneaky:
Yes, you're right! I didn't follow Kylie on IG when I began watching, but as she moved to the hills with Guido I began to check. I founds loads of stories that also tied things together. She def posted a lot more, right up until March/April this year. She doesn't even post her opening all her mail(gifts) anymore.

@PlinyinTorquay I haven't ever seen Patreon levels as high as K's either. And the channels I did watch actually offered either exclusive podcasts or if they were language and culture channels, offered mini lessons, quizzes etc.

Reactions: 6
ope you are feeling better today
Dear @emm. I am actually feeling desperately upset. I am a sensitive person which is at the same time a strength and a weakness in that I have a strong aesthetic appreciation which enables me to do my job. I also truly try to weigh my words well and not distress people and I am known by real humans who know me to be considerate and well mannered. I am not trying to make a scene but I feel mightily distressed. So sorry.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Dear @emm. I am actually feeling desperately upset. I am a sensitive person which is at the same time a strength and a weakness in that I have a strong aesthetic appreciation which enables me to do my job. I also truly try to weigh my words well and not distress people and I am known by real humans who know me to be considerate and well mannered. I am not trying to make a scene but I feel mightily distressed. So sorry.
I don't like to know that you are feeling upset @PlinyinTorquay but there is no need to apologise for how you feel.

• Heart
Sorry you are feeling upset, I don't think you distressed anyone to be honest . You can comfort yourself in the fact that your career isn't based on begging people for money of watching paint dry I guess πŸ˜…

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Sorry you are feeling upset, I don't think you distressed anyone to be honest . You can comfort yourself in the fact that your career isn't based on begging people for money of watching paint dry I guess πŸ˜…
@emm that’s not strictly true …. sometimes I watch paint dry in a conservation lab! 😊.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.