Kylie Flavell #4 Purloining the Patreon Purse

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Grazie @PlinyinTorquay tutto benešŸ˜Š
Caro @Antonio i am happy to hear all is well and hope that the amount of work is not too oppressive. You really have not missed much with regards to the cheesecake video. Pulcinella will always be lurking somewhere in my life though Iā€™m currently preoccupied with an unusual Fragonard that I saw in Paris together with a couple of Preziosis in the Salon du Dessin. Warmest wishes from me and the pilchards! šŸŒø

Reactions: 2
Add to my list of absurdities in Italy; I ordered a limone frizzante, a soft lemon drink, with ice.

First it arrived without ice and when I asked for the ice, they came back with two cubes. First they told me they were out of ice, then with delivery, I commented that they found some. I asked for more and the waiter said they have some but must keep it for ā€œthe drinksā€.

I told him Iā€™m a customer.

He told me it is ā€œa necessityā€.

Go figure. Only two cubes allowed.

• Haha
Remember Jerry that this is the hottest, most crowded time of the year - especially hot this August & now that people are free to go out again they will, plus many in the hospitality industry weren't sure if tourists would come back anyway so they are probably stretched to the limit at the mo' so these 10/15 days are testing everyone's patience ! Ice, ice & more ice.....they often deliver sacks of it but maybe the deliveries are on holiday too šŸ™„
@Plinlyn Torquay I can only imagine the sense of loneliness to be exiled (even luxuriously) without your loved one at the most emotional time of the year & somehow being comforted by familiar images & atmosphere that K rustled up. Glad she answered you - I assume you were still a high tier Patreon? As that wily politician Andreotti said "pensare male degli altri si fa peccato ma spesso si indovina" if you get my meaning....
Re latest vlog - I immediately thought of Nigella when I watched it & wanted to post the ending of her cookery shows where she ALWAYS had a table full of friends eating & enjoying what she had cooked = food as conviviality. Here we just saw elderly hands & arms & disembodied voices - again a con to fool us about having friends, sorry girl friends. Btw Nigella is in another league with both beauty AND brains, an Oxford grad, father ex- Chancellor of the Exchequer etc & not without her share of family tragedy but still a hard worker, and just getting on with her life. And no, I'm not her friend but wish I was.šŸ˜
Just one more thing from old post, still catching up, about her clothes in the trip to the PO - so perfect in her bourgeois role as Rena Solomon explained about images and Kylie is certainly about her image projected to the world at whatever cost. No sloppy jeans & hoodie for her as future Signora Talli G**# Gā‚¬ā‚¬# .
Just remembered another thing - in the Ballo dei Whatever, sponsored by a jewellery company, Guido's partner was a girl from a very illustrious family, della Gherardesca, descended from Count Ugolino immortalised in Dante's Divina Commedia & def not in Guido's league. They have adapted to modern day life in different ways - the girl's father having dated Sarah Duchess of York for some time (!) & a cousin Costantino has become a media presence, droll and witty, blowing the whistle on his extended family and their antics on their vast estates trying to keep under the radar. Guido apart from his looks is a non starter in this ambience. (ambience? my English fails me at times)

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Remember Jerry that this is the hottest, most crowded time of the year - especially hot this August & now that people are free to go out again they will, plus many in the hospitality industry weren't sure if tourists would come back anyway so they are probably stretched to the limit
Yes, that is understandable, but they gave the table next to me a glass overflowing with ice because it was a ā€œdrinkā€.

My patience is wearing very thin for Italian behaviour such as this. It really is boorish and crude.

Earlier in the week, I may have mentioned, we went back to a new restaurant, opened a few weeks ago with great service, which I complimented them for. This time, we picked a table in the clear, keeping Covid in mind. After our food arrived, they placed six people within a metre of us and when I asked for space, the manager told us guests with kids have preference, itā€™s their ā€œruleā€, to be close to the play area. This is their priority during a pandemic. We had to move.

My partner was trying to make doctorsā€™ apppointments this week as well and, as often as not, they hang up on her.

Had an air conditioning service come in and they ā€œcleanedā€ the unit; 15 minutes and a ā‚¬400 charge. We first asked them if the main switch was on and they said yes. After they left, no a/c. We called them back; they flipped the switch which was off.

We hired a lawyer to sue our property manager who refused to attend to a flood in our unit, five months ago.

Iā€™ve pretty much had it with the ā€œromanceā€ of Italy. KyLIE can pretend all she wants; it doesnā€™t exist.

@Plinlyn Torquay I can only imagine the sense of loneliness to be exiled (even luxuriously) without your loved one at the most emotional time of the year & somehow being comforted by familiar images & atmosphere that K rustled up. Glad she answered you - I assume you were still a high tier Patreon?
Dear Spirit - I was the third tier from the top, I think about $100 or 80 British pounds per month. I didn't particularly wish to donate Ā£860 per month to somebody I didn't know. I was thinking about the second from the top tier but decided to see what I thought of her work over time before making a commitment. However, I did send her extra money for her postage because, as I said, she struck me, in the few exchanges I had with her as being a bit ditsy at times and I thought the gesture terribly sweet but ill-conceived. :) In a way, I'm fairly chilled about it all. The inability to accept criticism I found galling, especially in my line of work as one thing one is trained to do when writing a PhD thesis and presenting work in the arts and humanities is to be able to accept constructive criticism and to do so gracefully and gratefully in so far as it is the only way one can perfect and improve one's work. Defensiveness was frowned upon. It's hard at first as we're all emotionally invested in our work but it becomes easier with practice. A bit like having all of those PCR tests in Paris one becomes desensitized. šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£ I completely agree about Nigella. Lovely lady and very bright. I enjoy her writing and presentation style. xoxo

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
@Jerry you got ripped off on the AC cleaning. I pay 80ā‚¬!šŸ˜³ Are these people "connected" with your property manager's list of businesses to be used?

Reactions: 1
@Jerry you got ripped off on the AC cleaning. I pay 80ā‚¬!šŸ˜³ Are these people "connected" with your property manager's list of businesses to be used?
No kidding; about fourfold. No, this was another company we called because we couldnā€™t get the ā€œrecommendedā€ service to come out.

I was tired that day, didnā€™t feel like arguing, was just glad to get the a/c finally, only to realize that we had to call them back. We talked to them, told them they overcharged; ā€œbossā€ agreed. Weā€™ll get free service or money back.

Itā€™s all so very tedious, sometimes we feel like weā€™re living amongst robbers and thieves. Customer service is not a concept that has found its way to Italy.

Romance ? Ha !!

And, No; we were informed that Italian customs would not allow me to receive my package with my personal meds, they will be tossed out.

Last edited:
Jerry, I know the feeling when you're tired and hot.. For that price you could have got a new unit! Did you get a receipt at least? I would get your partner to threaten with the Finanza police & insist on getting the money back.Did they just clean the filtet or put the gas in? Both of which are inexpensive but first of all they should have warned you of the cost. For the future rule no.1 Always but always ask for a quote beforehand, UN PREVENTIVO. I don't know where you live but there are scammers everywhere esp if they spot an American accent.

Reactions: 4
@ Jerry one more thing regarding your meds. Take a look at importing the same to Canada thru couriers & you'll find the same stringent ruling & prohibition. Fed.ex.

@ Jerry one more thing regarding your meds. Take a look at importing the same to Canada thru couriers & you'll find the same stringent ruling & prohibition. Fed.ex.
Good point, Spirit, Qatar is the same too. I have an ex b/f from my 20s and every year on our birthdays we have a competition to see who can send the other the most tasteless gift, a tradition that has lasted across the years, for example, last year I posted a plastic Mosque alarm clock in a garish colour, and a gold dome, made in the peopleā€™s republic of China, it plays a call to prayer very loudly indeed. It was so bad it was good.
Batteries were prohibited so I had to remove those. There was also an ambiguous clause in QPosts list, that I should not send anything that could be deemed offensive to the Prophet Mohammed. If I had been the prophet the clock would have been an offence to me in terms of bad taste. šŸ¤£. Medications etc are prohibited here. Though I can understand the frustration if one is dependent on them.
Qatar is also a conservative country and books can get checked and censored occasionally. For example I ordered large French dictionary from Amazon UK and it arrived opened with some of the pages torn out! šŸ¤£ You gotta laugh.

p.s. itā€™s his birthday in September. He is going to receive a Barbie doll in an Abaya.

back to Fragonardā€¦

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 4
Jerry, I know the feeling when you're tired and hot.. For that price you could have got a new unit! Did you get a receipt at least? I would get your partner to threaten with the Finanza police & insist on getting the money back.Did they just clean the filtet or put the gas in? Both of which are inexpensive but first of all they should have warned you of the cost. For the future rule no.1 Always but always ask for a quote beforehand, UN PREVENTIVO. I don't know where you live but there are scammers everywhere esp if they spot an American accent.
Yes, did that. My partner is Italian, she did the talking, and she recounts many similar experiences from the past.

Iā€™m used to dealing with at least semi honest people and, in Toronto, there are hundreds of different accents, it makes no difference. I totally understand that here it does. Just adds to the Romance.

As I said, we negotiated additional free service or our funds back, after we realized what they had done (or didnā€™t do)

Iā€™ve previously sent many shipments to myself in Italy, no problem whatsoever.

@Jerry if you had medicine shipped successfully before it was likely just luck nobody caught it. Prescription and non prescription medicine are on the forbidden list.

Reactions: 1
There are hundreds of prohibited prescription drugs, coming into Ausā€¦border security and bio-security are strict hereā€¦not as much as New Zealand possibly

There are hundreds of prohibited prescription drugs, coming into Ausā€¦border security and bio-security are strict hereā€¦not as much as New Zealand possibly
It's an EU thing. I can't even outright buy certain haircare or such from UK sites as they won't release them from the cart given my ITA address. Amsterdam customs seems especially on top of banned merchandise. I even had my Uni degree confiscated for over a week of controls there. Not contraband but they seemed to have opened it looking for hidden goods. šŸ˜…

ETA: Kylie is so boring we're reduced to discussing border controls. šŸ¤£

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
Kylie is so boring we're reduced to discussing border controls
Weā€™re still talking about KyLIE; living in Italy can be boorish/hellish as opposed to her portrayal as romantic/heavenly.

The truth lies in between.

Why do I persist ? Because I like putting myself in challenging situations to learn from the experience. Anytime one engages with another culture, there is going to be discomfort, along with the rewards.

Reactions: 3
@Spirit of place it made me smile as I was battling through the pro-formas. And if the question therein lingers, yes, the artists were all male. It so happens the cushion does belong to a chap! Are you familiar with Griselda Pollockā€™s ā€œOld Mistressesā€™?

Last edited: