Kylie Flavell #4 Purloining the Patreon Purse

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Re: her Italian accent - not being Italian I didn't want to comment on it before an Italian did so it IS weird - the chameleon that she is wants to be Tuscan now - & all that changing mish mash of language and subtitles. The try-out on the lake as if it was an adventure up the Nile plus the close-ups of her face eyes narrowed & whitened teeth bared (try doing that in front of mirror, grotesque) the dress she has to keep closed in case we see her legs, so demure, only midriffs allowed....where is she going with all this?Her family do seem to be tip-toeing around her - the cinematic star 🌟🌟🌟 and grifter.
Btw she has earmarked a vlog about being sober in the comments to a girl with drink issues. If I ever watch that I def will not be sober at the end of it.🤢
Haha, same about commenting! So double thanks @Antonio 😂 It's funny because before, and to an extent it still comes out, her mannerisms were very stereotypically southern. Arm waving, touchy, quite loud and shouty. As if she were acting some role in a Totò film. Now she is demure and putting on her Tuscan persona.

Which sober vlog is that?

• Haha
Reactions: 2
@denise211. As I'm trying to get ready to leave for Greece tomorrow (but still an 🍳on Tatler) I haven't time to find her answer to girl in comments.

@denise211. As I'm trying to get ready to leave for Greece tomorrow (but still an 🍳on Tatler) I haven't time to find her answer to girl in comments.
Ah it's in the most recent video comments? I'll find it🕵

This must be it. Which is all great, but she always manages to have a judgemental tone in her replies about this. A few drinks doesn't mean blind drunk. She is so black and white in her thinking.
Screenshot_20210814-115748.png

Last edited:
  • Wow
Btw she has earmarked a vlog about being sober in the comments to a girl with drink issues. If I ever watch that I def will not be sober at the end of it
1628938110322.jpeg

This is too funny, KyLIE as social psychologist. She can add this profession to her list with drone operator.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Ah it's in the most recent video comments? I'll find it🕵

This must be it. Which is all great, but she always manages to have a judgemental tone in her replies about this. A few drinks doesn't mean blind drunk. She is so black and white in her thinking. View attachment 712163
her comment is so ridiculous all the stats , in the uk at least, point to young people, who I imagine this person is, drink far less than previous generations

Reactions: 3
HOWEVER ...

on the subject of Rosalba Carriera. We had a beautiful painting by Rosalba in my last museum which I will share with you ... It's a very fine pastel portrait of Gustavus Hamilton, Lord Boyne. https://barber.org.uk/rosalba-carriera-1675-1757/. @Alessandro , I imagine your 'rakish' character, on your profile picture, would look something like this if he were going to Carnevale in Venice 💕

more to follow ...

@Antonio I am very interested in Rosalba, especially in terms of my ideas on last works of aging artists. There is this very poignant last self portrait of Rosalba in the Accademia, Venice, which she is said to have made after she had a painful procedure for cataracts and before she went blind. I've been exploring it in a paper called "Darkness in the Age of the Enlightenment." When I presented this paper, someone in the audience fainted.

https://www.gallerieaccademia.it/en/self-portrait

Darkness in the Age of the Enlightenment: Rosalba Carriera and Cataract Surgery in 18-C Venice

There is a poignant and defiant self-portrait by the Venetian miniaturist and portraitist Rosalba Carriera (1675-1757), now in the Gallerie dell’Accademia, Venice. Traditionally it is held to have been made after she had temporarily recovered her eyesight following the removal of cataracts. This paper analyses Rosalba’s final self-representation and interrogates it in a number of ways: using the portrait as visual evidence to appreciate how it related to issues of Rosalba’s subjectivity and self-perception in the face of excruciating surgery which eventually resulted in blindness; understanding the artist’s disability in terms of the painful medical treatment which would have been available to her at the time, and in the light of the notes of the surgeon who operated on her on two separate occasions in 1749; through the examination of an eighteenth-century engraving depicting cataract surgery, and by considering cognate examples of contemporaries who underwent similar procedures, for example the composer George Frideric Handel and contextualizing blindness in eighteenth-century historical, philosophical and ideological frameworks.

@Antonio, St Ivo is one of my favourite churches in Rome. :)

[
Another very interesting paper @PlinyinTorquay and what a sensitive self-portrait by Rosalba in such a difficult and tragic situation. Can you imagine her life as an artist at that time? She really had extraordinary success in her own lifetime before losing her sight. Have you read her letters? https://www.libreriauniversitaria.it/rosalba-carriera-lettere-diari-frammenti/libro/9788822233509

The church I was referring to in my earlier post, is like a brilliant baroque jewel and is actually Sant'Antonio dei Portoghesi, designed by Carlo Rainaldi and Martino Longhi in the mid-1600s. This is the painting I was talking about in the Capella di S.Antonio Abate, Santi Sebastiano, Antonio Abate e Vincenzo di Saragozza di Marcello Venusti,1590 (see first image) and the other below is Madonna in trono col Bambino tra i santi Francesco d’Assisi e Antonio di Padova, di Antonio Aquilio detto Antoniazzo Romano (seconda metà sec. XV). There is another chapel called the Capella di Santa Elisabetta with the altarpiece by Luigi Agricola of Santa Elisabetta, regina di Portogallo, nell’atto di far riconciliare lo sposo col figlio.
55700222-9A5F-4E8F-951E-D8803CD8BC8B.jpeg

36D53B50-8626-4D99-8B2B-8B949BFF1A38.jpeg

EF5DA248-CA5D-4C6A-83A7-58E29B932AFC.jpeg

38815E47-BAA9-4163-AC01-695FBB39A482.jpeg

0A9E1DA7-1D65-4E30-AAD6-78C79C7716B0.jpeg

2469BDD5-DF52-4DC2-B0B2-C9C285A8D772.jpeg

• Heart
I'm Catholic but crap at remembering them. 🙈 My ex was Francesco...everyone assumed after Assisi, but rather di Paola in Calabria. I enjoyed visiting that church overlooking the sea.

I'm happy you mentioned Kylie's strange Tuscan intonation. It drives me up a wall. "Sono andaTHa" "mi piashhe" "alluuura". If she begins aspirating her C's my eyes will roll out of my head. I get it is Guido's influence and her surroundings, but she seems like a try-hard.
Yes that is exactly it @Denise0211 😬 and the way she constantly changes her accent and mannerisms in English or Italian makes her a very strange amalgam of other people’s personae rather than her own; which is why I think @nostoneunturned found it uncomfortable to watch. I also stayed at a wonderful monastery called San Francesco di Paola in Campania😊

I don't think that she has any idea what to vlog. She's all comfy on the country estate, bulging purse splitting at the seams, hanging with Gweeds and daddy. I mean what does Kylie actually do when she's not filming herself? She doesn't seem to have any interests other than showcasing Kylie version 3.2 ,or whatever we are up to now, once a week to her little community of diehard fans. I think she is as bored as us.

I am glad that you find her Italian odd, @Antonio, I was wondering how it must sound to an Italian. I find it incredibly irritating that she insists on speaking Italian as though she's doing her subs a favour...helping them learn the language, or appeasing the Italian speaking followers, of which I am sure she has pochi, when she is only doing it to show off. However it comes across as very unnatural imo but then that actually also applies when she speaks English :unsure:

Yes @emm and @Denise0211 she seems super awkward and her stance is weird. For someone who claims to have a been a tv host it's interesting that she appears stiff and as though she is trying really hard to seem relaxed and as though she is having a great time. :oops:
Yes @Rina Valtellina Kylie seems awkward in Italian and English and her accent is very self-conscious in both and annoying. Remember she boasts she has been a tv host but she hasn’t, just those few very short interstitials that were a few minutes long and those awful episodes with Patrick Drake for a tiny channel in Canada years ago. Agree she doesn’t really seem to have any real and genuine interests or passions except filming herself which ultimately makes the vlogs vacuous and her ideas very thin.🤦🏼‍♂️

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
those awful episodes with Patrick Drake
They were just terrible exhibitionists in those short films. Seeing those caused me to doubt Kylie’s authenticity. In a way, I feel almost sorry for her, she just seems to be flailing around trying to be many things that she isn’t and sometimes appearing very silly in the process.

Another very interesting paper @PlinyinTorquay and what a sensitive self-portrait by Rosalba in such a difficult and tragic situation. Can you imagine her life as an artist at that time? She really had extraordinary success in her own lifetime before losing her sight. Have you read her letters? https://www.libreriauniversitaria.it/rosalba-carriera-lettere-diari-frammenti/libro/9788822233509

The church I was referring to in my earlier post, is like a brilliant baroque jewel and is actually Sant'Antonio dei Portoghesi, designed by Carlo Rainaldi and Martino Longhi in the mid-1600s. This is the painting I was talking about in the Capella di S.Antonio Abate, Santi Sebastiano, Antonio Abate e Vincenzo di Saragozza di Marcello Venusti,1590 (see first image) and the other below is Madonna in trono col Bambino tra i santi Francesco d’Assisi e Antonio di Padova, di Antonio Aquilio detto Antoniazzo Romano (seconda metà sec. XV). There is another chapel called the Capella di Santa Elisabetta with the altarpiece by Luigi Agricola of Santa Elisabetta, regina di Portogallo, nell’atto di far riconciliare lo sposo col figlio.
View attachment 712362
View attachment 712365
View attachment 712369
View attachment 712371
View attachment 712374
View attachment 712375
Thank you so much for sharing this, @Antonio. The church is exquisite. A jewel, as you say. It will be on my list to visit when I next find myself in Rome, together with your fantastic Canova café, which I can’t get out of my head. Curiously, and please don’t take offence, New York and Rome are two cities that I feel I should like more than I do. With NYC, I feel almost hemmed in by those high-rise buildings, and one has to look up so far to see the sky. On my first visit to Rome, I was so conscious of the burden of history, if that makes any sense at all, the imprint of the past was so palpable it overwhelmed me. I have enjoyed it a little more on each subsequent visit, however, so there is hope.

Thank you for the link to Rosalba’s letters; I was not familiar with these. What a brilliant resource. One of the fascinating books that I found on blindness was written by Giano Reghellini, Rosalba’s eye surgeon, who writes about her case history in his book. Sopra l’offesa dela vista in una donna (1749). Which I found in the Wellcome Foundation library.

https://catalogue.wellcomelibrary.o...set&FF=YReghellini&searchscope=12&SORT=D&4,4,

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
the Morgan and Frick are possibly my two favourite institutions in NYC
I agree, these are often overlooked, but little gems worthy of attention and not overwhelming in size; navigable.

The Morgan has three Gutenberg Bibles.

Reactions: 1
Some photos from Scicli and Ragusa wonderful cities seeped in fascination and sweet treats not to mention excellent seafood I’m drooling at the thought.
off topic and loving it lol

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Some photos from Scicli and Ragusa wonderful cities seeped in fascination and sweet treats not to mention excellent seafood I’m drooling at the thought.
off topic and loving it lol
I visited Ragusa, Modica and Noto in 2019, got a ticket there I recall for driving into the centro historica ! Stayed in Siracusa for three months; food was varied and great. Had some of the best Chinese food there. Enjoyed the cathedral and architecture of Catania as well. Stayed in a hotel adjacent and overlooking an ancient Greek quarry. Presently the area has almost 50C heatwave.

Delightful photographs @nostoneunturned. Some of the architectural vignettes viewed as thumbnails could almost be pen and ink drawings by Tiepolo. Since we’re sharing photographs I attach the facade of S. Moise one of the more decorative church facades in la Serenissima. Also a picture of the main living area and garden of an apartment I rented in Venice. I was adjacent to a building with a group of young artists from Montenegro were installing their work for the biennale. Hammering and sawing way into the night. Instead of being grumpy I decided to take them some bottles of wine and snacks to fortify them, and they were so pleased. Very lovely people and proud to be representing their country with their art.

Attachments

• Heart
They were just terrible exhibitionists in those short films. Seeing those caused me to doubt Kylie’s authenticity. In a way, I feel almost sorry for her, she just seems to be flailing around trying to be many things that she isn’t and sometimes appearing very silly in the process.

Thank you so much for sharing this, @Antonio. The church is exquisite. A jewel, as you say. It will be on my list to visit when I next find myself in Rome, together with your fantastic Canova café, which I can’t get out of my head. Curiously, and please don’t take offence, New York and Rome are two cities that I feel I should like more than I do. With NYC, I feel almost hemmed in by those high-rise buildings, and one has to look up so far to see the sky. On my first visit to Rome, I was so conscious of the burden of history, if that makes any sense at all, the imprint of the past was so palpable it overwhelmed me. I have enjoyed it a little more on each subsequent visit, however, so there is hope.

Thank you for the link to Rosalba’s letters; I was not familiar with these. What a brilliant resource. One of the fascinating books that I found on blindness was written by Giano Reghellini, Rosalba’s eye surgeon, who writes about her case history in his book. Sopra l’offesa dela vista in una donna (1749). Which I found in the Wellcome Foundation library.

https://catalogue.wellcomelibrary.org/search~S12?/YReghellini&searchscope=12&SORT=D/YReghellini&searchscope=12&SORT=D&SUBKEY=Reghellini/1,4,4,B/frameset&FF=YReghellini&searchscope=12&SORT=D&4,4,
Yes Rome can be overwhelming on many levels @PlinyinTorquay and I can understand😊 However, the sense of the past and the ‘weight of history’ is what I like best about the città eterna. The centro storico is intact and mostly free from modern interventions and it allows you to dream of other ages...Living and working there, it has a very pleasant rhythm of life (quite a different experience to being a visitor to the city). People work hard but there is always time for a charming lunch or dinner, a passeggiata or an aperitivo with friends...

As for New York, I find it comparatively quiet to Rome and much less dense in terms of people. I love Central Park and exploring the museums and galleries but I wouldn’t like to live there. You do feel hemmed in by the skyscrapers and yet some of the streets are so broad they make you feel ‘exposed’ in a way that historic European cities don’t; their human scale seems to embrace you.

Wonderful garden of your apartment in Venice, must have been a great experience staying there. Once you are out of the tourist hotspots, Venezia is quite homely and friendly, I have found, even during events like the Biennale. As you often seem to return, what do you think? Have you found favourite places and cafes?

@nostoneunturned I enjoyed seeing your pictures and have not yet visited Scicli, those stone encrustations and embellishments on the baroque buildings are like shells on a rock. Did you enjoy travelling in Sicily?

Noto on Valentine’s Day; the marriage registry was directly across from the cathedral.

1629009362532.png

1629009381229.png

1629009412991.png

1629009447369.png

Yes Rome can be overwhelming on many levels @PlinyinTorquay and I can understand😊 However, the sense of the past and the ‘weight of history’ is what I like best about the città eterna. The centro storico is intact and mostly free from modern interventions and it allows you to dream of other ages...Living and working there, it has a very pleasant rhythm of life (quite a different experience to being a visitor to the city). People work hard but there is always time for a charming lunch or dinner, a passeggiata or an aperitivo with friends...

As for New York, I find it comparatively quiet to Rome and much less dense in terms of people. I love Central Park and exploring the museums and galleries but I wouldn’t like to live there. You do feel hemmed in by the skyscrapers and yet some of the streets are so broad they make you feel ‘exposed’ in a way that historic European cities don’t; their human scale seems to embrace you.

Wonderful garden of your apartment in Venice, must have been a great experience staying there. Once you are out of the tourist hotspots, Venezia is quite homely and friendly, I have found, even during events like the Biennale. As you often seem to return, what do you think? Have you found favourite places and cafes?

@nostoneunturned I enjoyed seeing your pictures and have not yet visited Scicli, those stone encrustations and embellishments on the baroque buildings are like shells on a rock. Did you enjoy travelling in Sicily?
I completely agree that Venezia can be quite homely and friendly. I haven't returned since October 2019 because of the world situation and it is a great sadness to me. I've tentatively booked leave for a couple of weeks in October to stay in Venice but the restrictions currently in place would have to alter to make it worth my while so I am keeping everything crossed in the hope that I can travel to Venice then. I have met some delightful people and made some interesting discoveries, including Gigi Bon's amazing Wunderkammer which is off the Camp S. Samuele, near the apartment with the garden where I stayed. https://www.gigibonvenezia.com/sito/en/about-me.html.

Re. Rome and NYC - I think Rome could grow on me, I revisited La Grande Bellezza a while ago as I love the filming, I like the characters a lot less but I don't think I'm supposed to am I. With regards to NY the opening of Woody Allen's Manhattan is captivating and one of my favourite openings of all time. I do like the Chrysler Building which is very pretty at night.

With regard to my bonnes addresses for restaurant, bars &c. I am trying to attach a document so that I don't bore people with my meanderings but I'm such a Luddite with technology that I cannot. So ... here are some of my favourite places ...

http://www.lazucca.it/en

One of my favourite places is Zucca. The food is yummy and really nice ambience. Lots of my art historian friends and academics from Warwick eat here.

(Kylie would probably avoid it for fear of lots of alcohol-fuelled English people misbehaving, dancing on the tables and puking in the canal). One always has to book here, sometimes quite a way in advance as it is so popular. The staff has become a bit arrogant and even rude because of the success of the restaurant.

For example, the last time I was there (October 2019), I was dining with “A Bridge of Sighs” Insta. Handle of the rhinoceros lady. I asked for a wine recommendation but was distracted by a question that the Bridge of Sighs had asked me. When I asked the waiter to repeat himself, he told me off for not listening to him. I was gobsmacked. So was The Bridge of Sighs. The food is good enough to put up with this rudeness within reason, though.

https://www.ristorantedafiore.com/

Da Fiore is another favourite. A little more refined and upscale than Zucca. Great on fish and seafood. I go there when I’m checking out various possibilities with fish!

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaur...ntine_del_Vino_Gia_Schiavi-Venice_Veneto.html

I love this place for Cicchetti and an excellent range of Italian wines to purchase per prendere e andare via. Some wines sold by the glass over the counter can be a bit rough, but the staff can be persuaded to open a bottle of Amarone and sell by the glass. ;) Nevertheless, it’s lovely and full of atmosphere and people.

http://www.trattoriamaddalena.com/it/
This is in Burano, but I had a delightful lunch here for a friend’s birthday and would highly recommend it.

I also enjoy some of the usual suspects… Cips on the Guidecca is always a pleasure, both for the View of the Piazzetta across the Grand Canal and the best Bellini I’ve ever tasted. I also love the Locanda Cipriani on Torcello.. To see the mosaics at the Basilica followed by lunch is just wonderful... I like Florian’s too… I might attend an early mass at S. Marco and then have breakfast at Florian’s before it becomes too busy and can enjoy the Piazza S. Marco and the decadent interior in comparative peace. I imagine the Tiepolos stopping off there for a coffee or an aperitif after a hard day making wonderful frescoes.

For Museum Cafes, I like the café at the Guggenheim. Qatar was lending a Fortuny painting to the Fortuny Museum in Venice for an exhibition in 2019 (QM’s painting travelled down the Grand Canal in a boat … how cool is that?). I directed my colleague around Venice on WhatsApp to my favourite places, and she enjoyed lunch in the Guggenheim garden.

I am fond of Ristorante Acqua Pazza – arguably a bit overpriced, but delicious pizza, and I often drop in for a lemon risotto and Sicilian white for lunch.
https://www.veniceacquapazza.com/it..._medium=organic&utm_campaign=GoogleMyBusiness

Last but not least … Vizio Virtu is my favourite chocolate shop in Venice, and I thoroughly recommend the Sigmund Freud! ;)

• Heart
the past and the ‘weight of history’ is what I like best about the città eterna.
Although I was only in Rome for five days it completely thrilled me. I mean it thrilled my little cotton socks off and (wasn’t wearing any but you get my meaning ) The first evening we were there we walked without any specific aim and we happened across the Pantheon. I’m not often speechless but I felt my eyes pop out of my head and my jaw drop, I drew breath at the presence of that building. Despite the crazy crowds I enjoyed myself immensely . There was so much satisfaction in the scale of the place. I kept asking myself “ why did they have to build it so big” I also really enjoyed being reminded of my own tiny mortal size in the context of these ancient megastructures. It’s immersive Rome as an Australian to sit on a bloody broken 1000 year old column is like being rocketed into space itself .
Sicilia 🌺 so exotic and timeless, so full of character. I was very fortunate to be staying with friends who drove me around to many beautiful little cities and towns , in the height of the August holiday season. In fact it reminded me very much of coastal holidays here in January the heat, the atmosphere, attitude The mix of architecture and influence from various cultures is exciting I only got started after two weeks . Palermo is beautiful in the Centro storico but filthy and visceral outside , although it was shocking it was raw and real . I particularly fell in love with Cefalù and Ortigia. I thankyou for letting me relive these memories @Antonio .
KyLIE may be twee in her homages to Sicily but the place itself is unforgettable her Patreons would do well to demand more content from the Island off the boot

@PlinyinTorquay note the rhino 🦏 don’t even get me started on the array of little fishes

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Heart
Antonio said:
Yes Rome can be overwhelming on many levels @PlinyinTorquay and I can understand.

I stay in the Porta Pia when in Rome; a B&B with a bad bed but a big balcony.

It’s a pleasant neighborhood with a large, enclosed daily market down the street and lots of restaurants and shops. The bus line is close and takes 15 minutes to the centre at Victor Emmanuel monument. From there, everything is close and walkable, my favourite, the Pantheon.

I usually spend a week before venturing to other regions. It’s close to Borghese Gardens; Villa Torlonia Park is also close by.

Upon my return to Rome, after travelling, my usual first stop is a Japanese restaurant in the area !

In this way, I get the best of Rome, without feeling overwhelmed.

@nostoneunturned thank you for this and more wonderful pictures. As I told you on Instagram, while I love traveling solo and I feel like those intrepid 18th and 19th-century ladies, I am a bit nervous about heading South on my own. Maybe one day! A dear friend and former colleague who I mentioned on an earlier thread who recently published a book on Renaissance architecture adores the Pantheon. I was able to get him a lovely engraving by Laura Piranesi of the building for a milestone birthday. Did you know that Laura Piranesi was an active member of the family ‘firm’? Another dear friend is publishing on Naples next year which will be a treat. His prose style is remarkable. I would love to send you and @Alessandro and Antonio a copy of it when it’s published as it will be a real treat on many levels. While you are strangers to me I get a sense that you would appreciate it. He includes a chapter on Pulcinella which he consulted me on and I’d love to attach it here if I could find a way.

Last edited:
I’m getting notifications about the next thread ….I would say the themes have been about Kflavellogram and her current identity crisis , boredom on and the question of content, who is up for naming the next thread ? Or quelle horreur ! 👀👀has KyLIE strangled us with her own threads?

• Haha