Kylie Flavell #4 Purloining the Patreon Purse

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The problem with K is that she can come across as very plausible, whereas, in reality, she's an operator.
My problem with her is that she well knows how harsh, difficult and often absurd it is living in Italy. Surviving, nevermind thriving.

During her video describing her failed clothing line, she clearily shows she knows. It was near impossible for her to function and she quit.

Recall another video where she describes herself living in a windowless apartment with electricity about to be shut off at any time.

Yet she peddles this fantasy about moving to Italy, realizing your dreams of romance, finding your place in the sun.

Is Italy a beautiful country; Yes it is. Are there many reasons to want to be here; Yes there are. But she knows the truth of what it takes and, yet, diminishes it in favour of selling a dream, knowing that’s what her viewers want to hear.

Everyone has fantasies about Italy, just mention the word to nonItalians and they swoon. But instead of giving good information about what it actually takes, she misrepresents reality to sell what sells.

Why would she do that; to benefit herself without regard to the harm it does to others, to gain Utube revenue, to gain Patreon support, to rent an event space that is closed during Covid and otherwise remote, to reno and rent chicken coops and pigsties for potential renters, to promote a dream that she, herself could not realize without exploiting gullible viewers who pay her for the privilege of emulating what, for them, would be a nightmare if they followed her advice.

That is why she is so threatened by more astute viewers in her comment section and in this forum. It would disintegrate and vaporize the fantasy that only she benefits from.

She has figured out a way to gain revenue by promoting a lie. She is no innocent. And that is why it is worth tracking what she does.

Reactions: 7
Unfortunately there hasn't been enough psychological support in education where depression needs to be detected and addressed - families are often unaware till it's too late. Sorry for your student

Reactions: 2
My problem with her is that she well knows how harsh, difficult and often absurd it is living in Italy. Surviving, nevermind thriving.

During her video describing her failed clothing line, she clearily shows she knows. It was near impossible for her to function and she quit.

Recall another video where she describes herself living in a windowless apartment with electricity about to be shut off at any time.

Yet she peddles this fantasy about moving to Italy, realizing your dreams of romance, finding your place in the sun.

Is Italy a beautiful country; Yes it is. Are there many reasons to want to be here; Yes there are. But she knows the truth of what it takes and, yet, diminishes it in favour of selling a dream, knowing that’s what her viewers want to hear.

Everyone has fantasies about Italy, just mention the word to nonItalians and they swoon. But instead of giving good information about what it actually takes, she misrepresents reality to sell what sells.

Why would she do that; to benefit herself without regard to the harm it does to others, to gain Utube revenue, to gain Patreon support, to rent an event space that is closed during Covid and otherwise remote, to reno and rent chicken coops and pigsties for potential renters, to promote a dream that she, herself could not realize without exploiting gullible viewers who pay her for the privilege of emulating what, for them, would be a nightmare if they followed her advice.

That is why she is so threatened by more astute viewers in her comment section and in this forum. It would disintegrate and vaporize the fantasy that only she benefits from.

She has figured out a way to gain revenue by promoting a lie. She is no innocent. And that is why it is worth tracking what she does.
I myself have always found Italy fascinating it is so beautiful with such a rich history so much beauty in arts and yes when I was in my youth - Italian men were the definition of a fantasy world - what I have enjoyed the most is how you spell out reality a perfect country with no flaws do not exist and people need to keep feet on ground and realize this. I find there are so many interesting areas to explore - the latest I have been researching is venician masks - breathtakingly beautiful artistry ………….. there is so much for interesting vlogs that is untouched ……….. the harvest ….. Kylie vlogs are really just about her not her surroundings and has so many gushing followers — it will be interesting to see her next one - wonder how she is going to portray herself now

Someone asked how will guido feel about the non-honeymoon being used as video footage, think we all need to accept that guido has bought into the whole Kylie show and is now as guilty and as culpable as her.

If you are not part of the solution you are part of the problem.

Reactions: 9
Someone asked how will guido feel about the non-honeymoon being used as video footage, think we all need to accept that guido has bought into the whole Kylie show and is now as guilty and as culpable as her.

Yeah I think him agreeing to the proposal video really indicates he will agree to anything 😂

Reactions: 7

Yeah I think him agreeing to the proposal video really indicates he will agree to anything 😂

I think Italy is not an easy country to make a living; almost every day I see examples of cheating, whether contractors wanting payment for incomplete work or a juice bar wanting to add loads of ice or using a cup half the size for the same price. It is endemic and pervasive, from my perspective.

KyLIE and Guido, and even the families, are in on the take, complicit; it’s often how it is done here.

In many ways, this is a third world country, with few natural resources, except for tourists, which they gouge at every opportunity. One has to be careful.

Try first to find a public bathroom; then try to find a clean one, with soap, towels, paper, a toilet seat ! If I ran this country, I would have inspectors of restaurants mandating access and clean washrooms or a fine of €500 for failure to comply. If Italy is run on tourism, then this would be a first investment.

Reactions: 5
I think Italy is not an easy country to make a living; almost every day I see examples of cheating, whether contractors wanting payment for incomplete work or a juice bar wanting to add loads of ice or using a cup half the size for the same price. It is endemic and pervasive, from my perspective.

KyLIE and Guido, and even the families, are in on the take, complicit; it’s often how it is done here.

In many ways, this is a third world country, with few natural resources, except for tourists, which they gouge at every opportunity. One has to be careful.

Try first to find a public bathroom; then try to find a clean one, with soap, towels, paper, a toilet seat ! If I ran this country, I would have inspectors of restaurants mandating access and clean washrooms or a fine of €500 for failure to comply. If Italy is run on tourism, then this would be a first investment.
Well to be honest with you, Italy is still ITALY and they will get the tourists, clean public toilets or not. I can't imagine a council person suggesting this service (as it would cost something) the rest would think, who cares, they are here aren't they, next item on the agenda...

Reality too bad Kylie’s fan club are living in a dream world I guess they want to believe Some paint their dreams in vivid colour not recognizing the shades and as a result of not realizing this Disappointment can hit in many ways. I know I was amazed when some of you spoke of having troubles with internet Something we take for granted in in the rural area I live. Very interesting

Well to be honest with you, Italy is still ITALY and they will get the tourists, clean public toilets or not. I can't imagine a council person suggesting this service (as it would cost something) the rest would think, who cares, they are here aren't they, next item on the agenda...
Yeah I exactly I imagine residents would rather things like public transport improvements, I know I did when I lived in Rome

Reactions: 3
Exactly

That is why conditions are as they are.

Although, the part about levying a fine and gaining revenue should appeal to any Italian bureaucrat !

The other day I thanked a cafe for their clean, presentable washrooms. They told me they clean and supply it every hour. VERY unusual and they gain our business because of it.

I asked why others don’t even provide soap ! The answer; it’s an expense.

It’s telling that the owner of the cafe has spent a lot of time in Toronto, where, by law, restaurants must provide washrooms and are clean.

It’s also a matter of pride.

@pococanada - wow, the picture you conjure up of your lifestyle in Kylie's cinematic terms either belongs in an Ingmar Bergman film, set on a rugged outcrop of land surrounded by swirling seas or are you really The French Lieutenant's Woman living and loving on a wild coast ?
Seriously though, I find it fascinating to learn snippets of anonymous lives and interests from such varied backgrounds, something I didn't reckon with when I joined Tatler though I only follow this and Chateau Diaries which has a cast of hundreds. This smaller, slower thread meanders along at its own pace quite happily waiting for KF & her iconic (her definition) flogs.
I got a chuckle out of your picture of me I guess I am a Frenchman’s woman and do live on cliff with water but that’s it

Exactly

That is why conditions are as they are.

Although, the part about levying a fine and gaining revenue should appeal to any Italian bureaucrat !

The other day I thanked a cafe for their clean, presentable washrooms. They told me they clean and supply it every hour. VERY unusual and they gain our business because of it.

I asked why others don’t even provide soap ! The answer; it’s an expense.

It’s telling that the owner of the cafe has spent a lot of time in Toronto, where, by law, restaurants must provide washrooms and are clean.

It’s also a matter of pride.
Did any of this improve during Covid Here we are required to wear masks and hand sanitizer before we allowed entry in public places and we are about 75% double vaccinated. We are all dreading day international border opens from United States Just curious if you saw changes since Covid.

Don't talk to me about vaccines. I have just spent the morning with about 100 others in sweltering sun for 2nd dose . I was due yesterday afternoon with hardly anyone there but they weren't enough people for Astra Zeneca so had to come back today. Never mind. We are still using masks in closed spaces ie. shops but not in the street any more. See lots of tourists here but few from USA.....as yet

I completely agree with you, Jerry. I adore Italy, and have built my career around it as an Art Historian, but I can see that it would not be feasible to live there. I count myself lucky that I can visit (when covid isn't an issue), even for prolonged periods on research trips etc.

@pococanada. As I understand it the effect of KF's unprofessional psychobabble on her followers resonated with your own feelings for your brother. Is that it? In that case the fact that you are able to exorcise it here means you have come to the right place & have seen through the flimsy pretence. The Internet is full of these people peddling their drivel to the vulnerable & not so vulnerable. Once it was the domain of fiery preachers & pseudo- alternative guros cashing in - now every cunning little schemer on the make, is at it, able to stare straight at you through the camera for major effect. While there are groups like us, are WE the helpers or what??😇😇
So true!

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
two reasons First with brother feeling of disgust and shame that I was completely taken in Second lost a student who followed dream and when it did not go as planned he did not handle it well We lost him
Now you know why I sometimes go a bit off of subjects and get a little too protective about what innocent and naive are told. End of subject about me No more serious thoughts Life is about smiles
Just to be clear, what happened to your student ? It sounds like he followed the advice of KyLIE, went to Italy, was disillusioned and then lost ?

When your brother conned you, what happened ? Or was he upset you were taken in ?

I’d like to understand the impact.

Reactions: 1
Just to be clear, what happened to your student ? It sounds like he followed the advice of KyLIE, went to Italy, was disillusioned and then lost ?

When your brother conned you, what happened ? Or was he upset you were taken in ?

Yes, me too ....

I adore Italy, and have built my career around it as an Art Historian, but I can see that it would not be feasible to live there.
I count myself very fortunate to have had a history of travel in Italy that prepared me just a little for living here. For years I said I would NEVER live here, it’s too complicated. Yet, here I am.

Thankfully, I love a challenge and living in Italy presents that. It provides a range of challenges and rewards. It IS a country of many layers of history and peoples and gaining some knowledge (and wisdom) along the way, each day represents a new wave of fascination and frustration.

There are a great many obstacles to overcome. It engages all skills and senses.

When you succeed, there’s a great sense of achievement; when you run up against a wall (and there are many, both natural and fabricated) one, hopefully, rises up with a determined patience to overcome it, or, at least, to recognize and accept it as a reality.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4

Very very very hard to speak about the first Connor was not the first one that we lost over time but he blindsided me. He was in last year and already had started a successful business that would help with university fees. He had just passed in paper on his goal. In the paper he wrote about basically places he thought he could travel cheaply. He had done his research online and was high with hopes. He went away for a week to enjoy another spot that he had heard about. What he had high hopes for did not work out. A positive smiling smart person something happened on that trip that disillusioned him. His friends told me that he was embarrassed that he had been “taken in” “should have been smarter about what expected” I guess a naive trusting soul with so much goodness. He came back and ………………… don’t get me wrong he did not experience abuse but what was damaged and crushed was his confidence His pride So sorry have never spoke about this. I still see him all 6ft a smile easygoing person — why why why My brother lied told stories like where he was working he created a world and carefully told people what they wanted to hear. I will not go into more just tell you that I gave him a home and he abused the trust and we had two little boys at the time. Sure I was angry at myself embarrassed felt shamed that he used us so badly. When the truth came out my husband told him to leave and never come back That is now over thirty years ago have not seen or heard from him. I have 2 sisters and 4 brothers I am not the only one he conned Funny how it has just occurred to me that I was thinking all along in this forum that it was due to brother but now I realize it is not. And yes Italy was going to be part of connors journey

• Heart
I count myself very fortunate to have had a history of travel in Italy that prepared me just a little for living here. For years I said I would NEVER live here, it’s too complicated. Yet, here I am.

Thankfully, I love a challenge and living in Italy presents that. It provides a range of challenges and rewards. It IS a country of many layers of history and peoples and gaining some knowledge (and wisdom) along the way, each day, represents a new wave of fascination and frustration.

There are a great many obstacles to overcome. It engages all skills and senses.

When you succeed, there’s a great sense of achievement; when you run up against a wall (and there are many, both natural and fabricated) one, hopefully, rises up with a determined patience to overcome it, or, at least, to recognize and accept it as a reality.
I think the thing I always found about italy (and this is good and bad) was the kind of "arrangiarsi" (probably spelt wrong) attiude. Here in the UK we generally stick to rules (which, again, has its good, but also bad) but it does mean that (in my experience) people are unwilling to bend rules even when it would be better. To give a random example, at lots of busy train stations here they have one stairs (manual stairs, not escalators to be clear) to go up and one down, which for rush hour makes sense, but when there are few people around taking a staircase that is on the other side of your train platform and you are running ot catch it makes no sense but most people seem to blindly follow regardless. And in a (admittedly selfish) situation - when I lived in Rome I was running to meet a friend to catch a bus to go to a concert and she asked the bus driver if he could possibly wait just 1 more minute for me (had he not I would have missed the bus and then the concert) and he did. That would never happen in the UK (or in London anyway)

Reactions: 3
Don't talk to me about vaccines. I have just spent the morning with about 100 others in sweltering sun for 2nd dose . I was due yesterday afternoon with hardly anyone there but they weren't enough people for Astra Zeneca so had to come back today. Never mind. We are still using masks in closed spaces ie. shops but not in the street any more. See lots of tourists here but few from USA.....as yet
I have two friends that was out of country for 5 months they received vaccine from China Canadian government will not accept this vaccine although world org does. Tomorrow they are going to clinic to get first can approved vaccine so in total will end up getting 4 altogether. Doesn’t make sense if world recognizes their vaccine but Canada doesn’t. Doesn’t sound like your day was good hope it gets better

• Wow
I have two friends that was out of country for 5 months they received vaccine from China Canadian government will not accept this vaccine although world org does. Tomorrow they are going to clinic to get first can approved vaccine so in total will end up getting 4 altogether. Doesn’t make sense if world recognizes their vaccine but Canada doesn’t. Doesn’t sound like your day was good hope it gets better
that seems totally crazy, if we are not working on this as a global community how is it ever going to work?! fingers crossed for your friends