Knappily Ever After

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My worry is that others may look at them, and their lifestyle, and try and emulate it while getting into loads of debt.
Bingo. I really dislike vloggers who sell the lifestyle in an unhealthy way. If you look at others out there, say Mr David & Mr Ian, they've got money and its obvious, but its never a brag, never a "you can have this too", its much more of a muted "we're paid well and are privileged in that way, and we understand we're the exception" situation.

Forget the money for a second - how many holiday's do Waitrose offer their staff a year?
Do you have a microphone in my house?!? 🤣 , me and the other half were talking about it this morning. I wonder if they have long service holidays or something that would take them up to 30 days, but it seems A LOT for a full time employee.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I’m so here for this 🙂

Can I also add despite being a children’s nurse herself the lack of safeguarding. Showing her children’s underwear, children’s underwear she’s purchased.

She doesn’t seem to understand boundaries and protecting her children

Reactions: 12
Bingo. I really dislike vloggers who sell the lifestyle in an unhealthy way. If you look at others out there, say Mr David & Mr Ian, they've got money and its obvious, but its never a brag, never a "you can have this too", its much more of a muted "we're paid well and are privileged in that way, and we understand we're the exception" situation.

Do you have a microphone in my house?!? 🤣 , me and the other half were talking about it this morning. I wonder if they have long service holidays or something that would take them up to 30 days, but it seems A LOT for a full time employee.
Exactly. And Mr David & Ian talk about how they get their points for flights, don’t stay at resorts for long periods & talk about how they look at how many nights is in their budget. Same with L&R disclosing how they use DVC rentals & points.

I just can’t get Knappily to add up!

Hah and we talked about the holiday allowance too. Some jobs let you buy extra holiday days, but only up to around 5…

Reactions: 2
It’s probably from TOIL from working 12 hour days or working bank holidays and then taking them as a week long holiday.

Reactions: 3
Same with L&R disclosing how they use DVC rentals & points.
I'm still perplexed why some of these idiots keep their DVC holding secret, its a matter of public record in the US! You can lookup any of them quite simply and see what they've got, Knapp has 200 at Copper Creek, Yaz & Cash have 100 at Riviera and 280 at Animal Kingdom (which is fun, because they bought the AK points after being associated with that Villa rental scheme in the US 🤣 )

For context, 80-120 points will get you a week, off-season (march/sept) at a DVC resort, and usually cost $100-180 per point to buy, and $7-9 per point per year in dues.

Reactions: 6
I’m so here for this 🙂

Can I also add despite being a children’s nurse herself the lack of safeguarding. Showing her children’s underwear, children’s underwear she’s purchased.

A lot of them never seem to think about how the kid is going to feel when they are older and see just how much of their life was slammed all over for everyone to see.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Forget the money for a second - how many holiday's do Waitrose offer their staff a year? I assume Dullum works full time and maybes it is clever use of his shift pattern and mixed in with leave?

They just seem to holiday a lot.

Total brag artists.
He’s been on the sick for a good portion of this year due to his running injury I think? So they must also have a pretty good sickness package too.

Assuming Callum works shift patterns, when i’ve worked in jobs like that we’ve had 5 weeks 3 days

I’m so here for this 🙂

Not just in their underwear - in the last weekly vlog, Daisy actually had no clothes on in the background! You couldn’t see her bottom half but her top half could be seen, so Sian didn’t do that good a job of protecting her - it also clearly made Lyla uncomfortable as Lyla must have said ‘don’t film us like this’ because Sian says, ‘the camera isn’t on you, don’t worry’.

Like wow. If my children basically said to me ‘mum, get the camera out of my face’, I’d respect their wishes. It was the same when she absolutely had to close the vlog on the cruise - those kids were absolutely exhausted and she’s getting snippy with them so she can finish talking on the vlog. If she edits that and thinks, ‘yeah, that’s fine to put online’ - god only knows what she’s like when she’s not vlogging.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Like wow. If my children basically said to me ‘mum, get the camera out of my face’, I’d respect their wishes. It was the same when she absolutely had to close the vlog on the cruise - those kids were absolutely exhausted and she’s getting snippy with them so she can finish talking on the vlog. If she edits that and thinks, ‘yeah, that’s fine to put online’ - god only knows what she’s like when she’s not vlogging.
I thought the exact same. The poor lass said she was tired but Sian still made her talk on the vlog. Like you say - what must she be like off camera?

Reactions: 3
Going to confess I find her so annoying I don’t really watch the vlogs 😂 Her dancing is enough for me 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Going to confess I find her so annoying I don’t really watch the vlogs 😂 Her dancing is enough for me 😂😂😂
Well, if you make a start now you’ll be busy ‘till Christmas. We’ve got more cruise vlogs coming, then there’ll be DLP vlogs as it seems that’s where they’re headed this weekend, then another round of cruise vlogs - but these will be extra insufferable because it will just be Sian, none of the kids to dilute her ‘point the camera at herself while miming and dancing because I think I look great but actually awkward AF’. Once we’ve survived that it will be time for Vlogmas 🥴😂

• Haha
We’re comfortable earners - and I’d say we definitely earn more than Sian and Dullum… but there’s no way we’d be able to afford, in the space of a year, a week in Cornwall, a weekend in Legoland, a week on the Isle of Wight, a 4 night Disney cruise, a 2 night Disney cruise, a trip to DLP - all while having a planned October holiday that also includes…. A Disney cruise. It was cash upfront for those RunDisney bibs too.

She says they live a frugal lifestyle - but they have a Gousto box every week and she’s never not wearing new Fabletics gear… plus repayments on their DVC loan, a brand new car and their mortgage. It all screams to me that they’re living way beyond their means! But not surprising really when her Insta stories are one brag after another.
We earn about just under £50k as a couple but we still manage a 2 week Disney trip, some time 2 , 2 to 3 4 day breaks in top end lodges a year, pay for DVC and car and pay for our home and have Hello Fresh. So it is possible on a lot less than people think. You don't know what else if anything they spend their money on.

They also take the kids out of school for holidays - so flights etc are much cheaper.

Reactions: 1
What vlog did they leave in that daisy had wet herself
I feel sorry for that little girl all she's had is the camera shoved in her face as long as she can remember

What vlog did they leave in that daisy had wet herself
I feel sorry for that little girl all she's had is the camera shoved in her face as long as she can remember
I think their Feb 2020 ones - it’s the day they go to Hollywood Studios and get a Rise of the Resistance boarding group. I think the ride went down so they hung around all day to try and ride it. It was pretty early on in the trip though so poor Daisy was absolutely exhausted - she fell asleep in her pushchair and had an accident bless her. They complained and got a boarding group for the next time they were in the park.

• Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.