Kin RTE

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@Hope96

We're here now so's not to derail the other thread!

We've just finished episode 6, feel exactly the same as you. I was really loving the addition of his character, thought he was mixing the pot and causing trouble, even though he was unlikeable I liked the addition of him because the Turkish stuff seemed a bit far fetched.

But hes turned very sinister and it was an uncomfortable watch when Hannah was dancing for him.

Whos going to get the job of killing him?? That is the question 🙈

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Series 2 was definitely better but it's still all very middle of the road. At least Bren came along to save the boringness of the Turkish plot. Now with him gone I can't see where they can really go for series 3. They're all just generally bad at crime lol.

Reactions: 4
Just finished season two, and I actually thought season one was marginally better. But it might be because I spent the whole time hoping something would happen to Bren.

The finale did not disappoint.

Although so bizarre, when I first saw Frank pop up in episode one my heart sank (I loathed him in season one) but by the end I was properly rooting for him to get away and be content.

The finale and the finale scene had me audibly OMG.

Reactions: 9
I’ve just finished this. The last few episodes of series 2 were really stressful and I hope a series 3 comes along.

It’s made me pine for the days of QAF. I loved Stuart Alan Jones. I think Aidan Gillen is fab.

Reactions: 5
Just finished season 2.

If I was Amanda (fab hair) I would have shipped the son out of the country.

Gangsters but no guards on houses.

wonders if the sister, Jenny, will pop up in season 3.

I think things won’t improve like they think they will. The car crash will just go from bad to worse.

I’m also obsessed over the fact they all live in a street that’s 1) overshadowed by a football stadium and 2) seems impossible to navigate into their drives from.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I think things won’t improve like they think they will. The car crash will just go from bad to worse.

I’m also obsessed over the fact they all live in a street that’s 1) overshadowed by a football stadium and 2) seems impossible to navigate into their drives from.
That gate or the driveaway always seems so narrow. I'm constantly amazed at the lack of security too.
Im just pleased Michael and Amanda eventually got it on- I was getting frustrated for them 😆

• Haha
I always wondered about security too - not even a Ring doorbell 😂 and is that Croke Park in the background?? Why?😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Amanda is such a pain in the hole. Her treatment and resentment of Jimmy all because she prefers his brother is ridiculous. Also the way her and Michael treat Jimmy as though he’s the head and not them.

Reactions: 3
I’ve just finished this. The last few episodes of series 2 were really stressful and I hope a series 3 comes along.

It’s made me pine for the days of QAF. I loved Stuart Alan Jones. I think Aidan Gillen is fab.
I liked Kin, but I loved love hate, Aiden is in it.

• Heart
I liked Kin, but I loved love hate, Aiden is in it.
I think the writing was better in love/hate. And the performances were stand out. Tom Vaughn Lawlor was just outstanding and I didn't think anyone else in kin was that good.
I did think Aidan G was top quality though as always in Kin.
The final scene with Frank really got to me as I'd really started to root for him.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I think the writing was better in love/hate. And the performances were stand out. Tom Vaughn Lawlor was just outstanding and I didn't think anyone else in kin was that good.
I did think Aidan G was top quality though as always in Kin.
The final scene with Frank really got to me as I'd really started to root for him.
Love hate is my favourite series ever! Have rewatched it many times! So gripping and a really good cast!
I was the same about Frank, that was a shock, really wasn't expecting him to do that, I'll miss him.

• Heart
Love hate is my favourite series ever! Have rewatched it many times! So gripping and a really good cast!
I was the same about Frank, that was a shock, really wasn't expecting him to do that, I'll miss him.
Mine too!!🥰 Iv been telling people for years to watch it, in fact I think I made a thread on here about it not too long ago! The writing was so clever, the character development was too. And the acting was just amazing. It will always be my favourite.

I do think KIN got much better in series 2, and I started to really enjoy it. I was gutted when I got to the final episode. So I'm looking forward to series 3 now.
I wasn't keen on Birdy at first, I felt like she was a cheap imitation of aunt pol in peaky blinders. But by series 2 i warmed to her. I felt seeing her vulnerability regarding Bren and her relationship with Frank made me warm to her more. I think all the characters got abit better by series 2, whether that was because Bren was so utterly vile and it made you root for them I don't know. So il be interested to see what they do with series 3.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Mine too!!🥰 Iv been telling people for years to watch it, in fact I think I made a thread on here about it not too long ago! The writing was so clever, the character development was too. And the acting was just amazing. It will always be my favourite.

I do think KIN got much better in series 2, and I started to really enjoy it. I was gutted when I got to the final episode. So I'm looking forward to series 3 now.
I wasn't keen on Birdy at first, I felt like she was a cheap imitation of aunt pol in peaky blinders. But by series 2 i warmed to her. I felt seeing her vulnerability regarding Bren and her relationship with Frank made me warm to her more. I think all the characters got abit better by series 2, whether that was because Bren was so utterly vile and it made you root for them I don't know. So il be interested to see what they do with series 3.
I felt the same way about Birdy at the start, but after finding out about that evil Bren, felt sorry for her.

It's strange, I've never got into Peaky Blinders, I thought it would be my cup of tea, tried to watch it a couple of times, but gave up!

I’ve just started watching Love/hate . Thanks for the recommendation.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 2